- Text Size +
The next couple days passed by in blissful silence. They hadn't heard anymore from the lawyer but were expecting a call anytime that day. They had spent the last few days spending time with the kids and enjoying time with each other as they grew into this new chapter together. Kevin knew that once his boys came home they were all going to have some tough discussions. He wasn't sure how Mason and Maxwell would take the news. Mason was extremely loyal to his mother, as he should be, but Kevin was concerned about how he would view Nick's presence in their lives now. His permanent presence. He had to make sure both boys understood that this was how things would be from now on. First things first, he needed to have a conversation with Kristin. She deserved to be the first one told. He had mentioned it to Nick earlier that morning, inviting him to participate in the spirit of being open with advancing their relationship forward and building their life together.

"As much as I love that you are including me in this, I really feel like this is a private conversation between the two of you. We're all going to have to sit down together and talk eventually, especially if we decide to make a statement, but I think this first initial conversation needs to just be you and her." Nick said, squeezing his hand as they laid in bed together that morning.

Kevin was touched that Nick was respecting her position, not only as his children's mother, but also his ex-wife and friend. They were going to need her as an ally in getting through Nick's divorce proceedings as well as coming up with a way to co-parent the children together. The boys were going to have to respect Nick. They would need Kristin's help in making this possible.

"I agree baby. I just wanted to make sure. I don't want to keep you out of any part of this." Kevin said as he brushed the blonde out of Nick's eyes.

They had agreed that Kevin would call her that evening. It was already Thursday, the boys would be home on Saturday and that would give her plenty of time to help them come up with a game plan for how to approach Mason and Maxwell. Nick's kids were so little that they could say the words over and over, but they would never understand. Mason especially could still remember what it was like having his parents married and Kevin wanted to be sure to respect that while also easing him into the idea that his father was with another man, and not just any man at that, but one he'd grown up knowing. It would be confusing for all of them, and Kevin suspected based on Mason's general attitude about the divorce, that it could be quite uncomfortable for them for a little while. But regardless of that, his kids had to be told before the press was. They had to have time to come to grips with the changes as a family unit first and then they could tell others.

Kevin had been dodging calls and texts from Howie and Brian for days. Telling them the bare minimum about how they were doing to get them off his back. He did not want to tell them anything yet, he wasn’t sure how they and AJ would respond once they knew. He could only have so many difficult conversations in one week. While they had this grace period, before shit hit the fan, he was going to take advantage of their quiet time together. If he was being completely honest, he was worried about how Nick would react with too much thrown at them too fast. All of this was brand new, would he be able to handle the sudden pressure of the media, friends, family knowing all these intimate details? Would he pull away or regret taking this step forward with him? He hated feeling this way, but this was the most important thing to him, he couldn’t let anything destroy it. Kevin knew without a doubt, after only having Nick in this way for a few days, that he could never go back to the way things were. It would completely break him. A break he didn’t think he’d ever be able to recover from. So it didn’t matter how hard this could get. It didn’t matter to him any of the inevitably nasty things that would be said about them. Hell, it didn’t matter to him in the least if he ever stepped on stage again as a member of a boyband, all he cared about was making sure Nick was by his side when this all blew apart. He prayed it wouldn’t get that bad, but he was also realistic enough to know they needed to be prepared for all outcomes.

After a full day of writing and lounging in the living room with Nick and the kids it was finally time to call Kristin. He wanted to wait until he knew the boys would be in bed, not sure how she was going to respond. He didn’t want to thrust something at her without her having time to come to terms with it without an audience present. He’d been dreading this all day. He knew it was the next step and had to be done, he just hated the idea of possibly hurting her again. Especially with this. When they went through the divorce process, they divorced, both under the understanding nothing would ever come of his feelings. But now, once again he was changing everything on her.

He closed the door to his bedroom and paced the room for several minutes. Nick had offered to stay downstairs to give him privacy. The kids were asleep, he knew if this ended up becoming too difficult he could always just move downstairs to where he was playing video games in the living room and he would have his support. He just needed to take a deep breath and get it over with.

He took a seat on the edge of the bed and dialed her number. The phone rang a couple of times before it abruptly stopped and her voice filled his ears.

“Hey hun,” she said softly. “Everything ok? It’s late.”

He sighed audible, but somehow had lost his voice to speak.

“Kevin?” she said, her voice growing concerned.

“I’m here Kris.” he finally answered after a second.

“Are you okay?” her voice had gone up an octave, like it always did when she was concerned. This brought him some level of comfort, that he could still read her this well even after all the shit he’d put her through over the years.

“Yeah. I’m okay. I just really need to talk to you. Do you have a few minutes?” he asked softly.

“Of course, but you’d better start by spitting it out because you’re currently scaring the shit out of me.” she said slightly agitated.

Kevin chuckled. “Never one for patience Kris.”

“Patience was never my strong suit. You know this. Now tell me what’s going on.” She was slightly more demanding now.

“Nick and I are together.” he blurted out before he could stop himself. He cringed at the way it had come out. He’d wanted to ease into it, give her time to adjust. But somehow in thinking so hard about the right words to use, his brain made the decision for him.

“Is that all? Jesus Kevin. You had me scared half to death.” she said, letting out a big sigh.

Kevin started at his phone confused? All? Was that all? This was the biggest thing he’d ever done. How could she ask if this was all? “What do you mean Kris? Is that all? I’ve been trying to figure out how to tell you for days and you make it sound like it’s no big deal.”

She sighed, a little sadder sounding now. “Kevin. I’m sorry. I don’t mean to downplay what you’re telling me. What I am saying to you, is I came to terms with this weeks ago. I knew the moment he moved in there that something like this was going to happen. I was even more convinced when I saw the two of you together. That’s what I gave you the photograph. I was trying to push you, to let you know that I’m okay, that we will be okay. I know you love him, you don’t need to tell me that. If this is what you want then I support you. You don’t even have to ask.” she said gently.

“What did I do to deserve you?” he asked, his voice thick with emotion now. He was trying hard not to cry. He had spent so much time the last couple of weeks in tears, for good and bad, he was simply tired of the exercise. It didn’t seem to matter though, her words had touched him.

She laughed out loud. “Hunny, I ask myself that every day. But honestly, I am so happy for you. Do I wish things could have been different for us? Of course. But I love you, I just want you to be happy. Does being with you make you happy?” she asked quietly.

“More than anything in the world.” he said honestly.

“Well there you go. Nothing else matters. If you are asking for my blessing, you have it. But you already knew you would, so what’s really going on?”

Damn this woman was good. She had a sixth sense for sensing bullshit. It’s one of the things that made her such an amazing mom. It was also one of the things that had forced their divorce, he just couldn’t hide the way he’d felt about Nick anymore.

“There’s going to be some trouble with Nick’s divorce.” he started. He took off his shoes and climbed back onto the bed until his back rested against the headboard.

“What kind of trouble?” she asked suspiciously.

He drew his legs up until he could rest his arms over his knees. “Lauren is going to fight for sole custody of the kids. She’s agreed to sign the actual divorce part of the paperwork, but she wants to fight for the kids. Nick told his lawyer what was going on with us and there’s going to be an investigation. There’s the very good chance she will go to the press in an attempt to undermine his credibility. We’re discussing the possibility of releasing a statement before she has the chance to use it against him.” he told her quietly.

“Jesus Kevin. Talk about going into things head first. And you say I lack patience.” she said with a laugh. “What do you need from me?”

Kevin sighed and closed his eyes. He knew, deep down he knew, that she would always be on his side, but it was something else entirely to hear it. A weight he hadn’t even been aware he’d been carrying around seemed to evaporate from his shoulders. He breathed a sigh of relief before answering. “We need to tell the boys,” he said quietly. “I cannot release a statement, tell the rest of the guys or anything else until Mason and Maxwell are fully aware of what’s going on. I don’t want them to be blindsided.”

“I agree with that. You sound like you’re worried about their reaction. I thought they liked Nick.” she commented.

“Of course they like Nick, the fun goofy uncle that visits every once in a while and plays video games with them. We’re talking about something else entirely now. Maxwell will more than likely not even bat an eye about it. Mason is who I am most concerned about. I know he still has strong feelings about the divorce and now to throw in that dad has a boyfriend who also lives in his house with two additional kids is quite a different story.” Kevin answered.

“True. How do you envision this happening, there’s four different kids here.”

“Honestly, I’d like to sit down with you and Nick for us all to discuss. He was adamant I have this conversation between you and I first before he got involved. I can’t predict the future Kris, I have no idea what’s going to happen, but I do know he will be part of it. The steps we’re taking, the choices we’ve made have all been in the vane of blending our families together. It’s going to be messy and we’re all going to have some growing pains. I guess what I am asking here is if you are willing to let him into our parenting dynamic, are you willing to recognize Nick as my partner, as another authority figure in the boys’ lives on the weeks they are here?” Kevin asked softly. Honestly, this was the part of the conversation he was scared of the most. Being able to actually parent the boys easily together was going to be a big deal when it came to blending their families.

“What’s the end game here Kevin?” she questioned quietly.

“What do you mean Kris?”

“I mean, where do you see this ending? Are you going to date him? Get married? You’ve been together a week and now we’re talking about co-parenting and going to the press. Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying any of these things are wrong. We both knew if you ever got together things were going to be a lot different in your relationship then they would normally be under these circumstances. It just comes from who you are. I also know that you are not one to go with the flow without a plan, so that’s what I am asking for. What is your plan that I already know you’re cooking up in that head of yours.”

Kevin had to chuckle at that one. She knew him so well it was scary sometimes. “You’re right. Of course you’re right. It’s not necessarily a plan, just a general outline. Yes, I want to manage to get through this divorce process and then yeah, I would like to ask him to marry me, but we’re talking down the line. It could be years before this thing gets settled and he’s legally available and there’s the added factor that I have no idea how he feels about any of it. I just don’t want to present this to the boys as something that has the option of changing. In my opinion, this is not going to change, even if we never get married, as long as I have him with me then I have everything I need.”

“Then I am okay with sitting down and having the conversation. I would like to be present when we talk to Mason and Max. I think it will add to your credibility if they can see that I am accepting and okay with this.” she said.

“I would love nothing more. It would be wonderful to have you there. We’d like to talk to them on Saturday. I am not sure we can hide it inside the house and I don’t like the idea of keeping something so important to me from my sons.”

“I agree. I am okay telling them on Saturday. I love you Kevin. I will support you in whatever you need. If you need or want me to write an official statement or speak to the attorney myself, I am more than willing to be a character reference for both of you. Regardless of everything that happened, I can’t fault Nick for any of it. He’s an excellent father and I know will only be better under your guidance. You two deserve all the happiness.” she answered honestly.

Kevin couldn’t stop the tears this time. “Kris.” he started before his voice gave out.

“Hey,” she said soothingly. “Don’t cry. I just don’t want you to feel like you two are alone in this. I am here. I will help however I can okay?”

“I don’t know how to thank you, seriously, for all of it.’ he started.

“Hush. These are my kids too. I know you would never do anything to put them in danger. Making yourself happy is doing what is best for them. If Nick is that person that makes you happy then they will need to get used to it. I really don’t think it’s going to be that hard on them. It will take some getting used to, but we’re all going to be just fine. You’ll see.”

Kevin was still staring at his phone when Nick entered the bedroom a few minutes later. He couldn’t wrap his mind around not only Kristin’s acceptance, but her outward insistence on trying to help them, in whatever means were necessary. He only hoped the conversations with his sons went as well as this one did. Once he had them on his side then he could really accomplish anything. He was startled out of his thoughts as Nick climbed up beside him on the bed.

“Well?” he asked quietly, tilting his head to the side.

Kevin smiled at the beautiful blonde who had so quickly become his entire world. “She’s okay. More than okay. She’s willing to write a statement and help us fight.” Kevin said softly, looking into the blue orbs of Nick’s sweet face.

Nick broke out into a grin. “See! I knew it would be okay. Is she okay with us talking to Max and Mason on Saturday?” he asked hesitantly.

Kevin nodded. “Yes, she wants to be a part of it, but she’s very supportive. It was such a weight off Nick. It means a lot that even after everything, she’s going to be supportive of us.”

Nick scooted on the bed until he was close enough to pull Kevin into his arms. The older man fell against him easily, the emotion from the call making him weak. Nick wrapped his arms tightly around the man and hugged him close. “I love you, so much.” he whispered before placing a kiss on top of Kevin’s jet black hair.

“I love you too.” Kevin said against Nick’s chest. “So much.”

They sat together for several long moments. “If the boys need more time,” Nick started before Kevin cut him off.

“No.”

“You didn’t even let me finish.” Nick said exasperated.

“I don’t need to. I know what you’re going to say and the answer is no. I’m not going to go back to a place where we’re not together.” Kevin said simply shifting in Nick’s arms so he could peer up at the younger man. “It’s not happening.”

Nick gave him a small smile. “I don’t want it to, but these are your children. It’s completely different. Mine are small and none of this phases them, if yours need more time..”

Kevin grabbed Nick by the back of the head and brought his mouth down to meet his. “No.” he whispered before pressing his lips tightly against the blonde. Nick opened his mouth, allowing Kevins’s tongue to push forward, licking and claiming Nick’s mouth as his own once again.


No, Nick didn’t think he could go back either. Especially not when Kevin kissed him like this. He could get lost in these arms, this mouth. They finally broke apart for air before Nick pushed him down against the mattress.

“Are you going to kiss me every time you don’t like what I have to say?” Nick asked, smiling down at him.

“And even when I like what you’re saying.” Kevin said smiling as he reached for him again.

They fell together, a mess of arms and legs as they battled for dominance over the kiss and the situation. Nick came out victorious, shifting until he was straddling the other man. He leaned down and kissed Kevin once more, soft, slow memorizing every crevice of his mouth and lips before pulling away. He reached down and pulled the ponytail holder restraining Kevin’s hair, once it had fallen around his shoulders, he wasted no time running his hands through it. “I love your hair long.” he said gazing down at the older man.

Kevin smiled. “I love everything about you.”


Nick blushed and looked away. Kevin took the opportunity and bucked his hips, unsettling Nick enough for him to flip them over. Nick stared up at him, shocked and on his back. Exactly where Kevin wanted him. He smiled sexily at the younger man. “Nicky, did you think I was going to let you be in charge?” he asked, dropping his voice lower, knowing how much of an effect it had on the other man. Nick groaned and wiggled his hips against him.

“Patience Nicky.” Kevin mumbled as he pulled his shirt over his head.

He reached for Nick’s shirt, carefully, determined this would be the night he wrangled it from the other man. Nick’s eyes went wide and his hands were already moving to block Kevin’s movements when Kevin shot his hands out and took Nick’s in his own. Crossing them above Nick’s head he pinned them to the mattress before lowering his mouth to Nick’s. He gave him a sweet kiss before moving his lips to his cheek, his jawline, and then to his ear.

“I am going to remove this shirt, even if I have to rip it off. Then I am going to kiss, lick and suck every inch of skin that’s exposed. Then I am going to show you just how sexy I think you are and how hard you make me just from looking at you. If you fight me on this, I will restrain you. Do you understand, baby?” Kevin whispered seductively as he sucked gently on Nick’s earlobe before biting it gently.

Nick moaned but resisted the urge to move again. “Good boy.” Kevin growled before letting go of Nick’s hands. He slid his hands underneath the t-shirt and caressed every inch of exposed skin he came into contact with as he slid his hands up Nick’s chest. He kissed Nick again as he leaned down to pull the offending shirt completely from Nick’s body. Sitting back on his heels, still straddling the other man, he smiled as his eyes drank in his prize. “My god you’re beautiful.” Kevin breathed out.

Nick blushed again and started to move to cover his stomach before he felt the pressure of Kevin’s hand against his wrists, keeping him in place. Kevin moved his hips to get closer and in doing so, brushed against Nick’s straining erection. Kevin smiled down at the blonde. Even in his discomfort, Kevin still managed to affect him. That thought alone was intoxicating. Kevin started with Nick’s neck, knowing how much those kisses turned on his young lover. He nipped and kissed down one side before moving to the other. Nick’s eyes closed out as he repeated Kevin’s name over and over softly as he continued his movements. Kevin moved from his neck to his collarbone, licking and sucking one side and then the other. Once he’d made his mark there he moved a bit lower. He brushed his fingers over Nick’s nipples watching in fascination as they hardened beneath his touch. He pinched each one gently and followed with his tongue, licking and then biting each one in turn. Nick groaned out, panting as Kevin continued his actions.

“You doing okay baby?” Kevin asked gently. He sat back on his heels and brushed the shaggy hair out of the other man’s face. Nick caught his hand mid movement and brought it down to his mouth, kissing his palm before gently biting the side “I’m wonderful.” he gasped out as Kevin retrieved his hand back and continued lower.

Kevin continued to kiss Nick’s exposed skin as he moved even lower, nose brushing gently against the hairs on his stomach, tickling the other man. Nick giggled and then growled out, fingers threading through Kevin’s hair as Kevin reached his belly button. Kevin kissed it gently before poking his tongue out and diving it inside. Nick bucked against him, trying to get closer to the sensations. Kevin smiled against his skin and kissed his stomach a few more times, muttering “beautiful” as he went. Once he was satisfied he had licked and kissed every part of Nick’s upper body, he was ready to move even lower.

He crawled back up Nick’s body before taking his mouth in a bruising kiss. “Are you starting to understand now? Do you see how beautiful you are to me?” Kevin whispered against his neck. Nick moaned and shook his head. Kevin pulled back slightly. “No? You don’t? Well let me show you baby.”

Kevin reached for Nick’s hand he brought it up to his mouth and took his turn kissing Nick’s palm. Nick closed his eyes, trying to snuggle closer to the other man. Kevin took Nick’s hand and placed it against the growing bulge in his sweatpants. Placing his own hand overtop of Nick’s he leaned down to whisper again. “You feel that baby. That’s just from looking and kissing you. This is the first time you’ve even touched me and already I’m hard baby. You make me crazy, all day, everyday. I’m just biding my time, waiting until I get the chance to have you. You are so fucking sexy baby.”

Nick was writhing now. “Please.” he moaned out.

“Please what baby.” Kevin asked. He enjoyed teasing his lover, enjoyed hearing Nick tell him exactly what he wanted.”

“Please fuck me Kev. I’m so hard, I feel like I could explode without you ever touching me. Please.”

Kevin smiled and released Nick’s hand. “Tell me you think you’re sexy first.” Kevin moved his hips, rubbing his crotch against Nick’s causing the other man to moan out. He bucked his hips, trying desperately to rub against Kevin, any kind of friction to remove the intense feelings the older man was giving him.

“Say it and I will fuck you. I want you to understand and believe how sexy you are. How much I love you.” Kevin said shifting his hips forward.

“OH fuck.” Nick moaned out as he increased the rhythm he had started with his hips, rubbing against Kevin. “Okay, okay. I believe you. I’m sexy.” he said quietly.

Kevin leaned down and kissed him. “See that wasn’t so hard. And you are the sexiest thing I’ve ever seen.”

Kevin pulled away from the younger man and quickly rid them both of their pants. Grabbing the lube from the nightstand, he was kneeling between Nick’s legs in no time. He quickly lubed up two fingers and slid them easily enough inside of the younger man. He was still slightly stretched from their love making that morning, so Kevin made quick work of stretching him, knowing the time for teasing was over, for both of them. Once he was satisfied he lubed himself up and pushed inside. He let out his breath as the sweet heat of Nick sucked him deeper inside. “My god baby. I never get tired of this feeling. Being buried inside of you, making you mine.” Kevin ground out as he waited for Nick to signal that he could move.

“Uhhh,” the blonde moaned out before he started pushing his ass back against Kevin’s cock, pushing him inside even more. “Fuck me baby.” he said huskily, his eyes still squeezed closed.

“I love you.” Kevin moaned as he picked up his pace. Kissing and touching Nick had gotten him so worked up he didn’t think he would last long. Every time Nick pushed his ass back in time with Kevin thrusting inside he hit Nick’s prostate, causing the younger man to yell out in pleasure. The sound alone could make Kevin come. He steadied himself with one hand on Nick’s hip while he used his other hand to wrap around the younger man’s cock. He jerked his hand in time with their movements, bringing Nick closer to the edge. “Are you ready baby?” he asked, his voice low and throaty. Nick nodded and with one final thrust and jerk they were cumming together once more.

Kevin gripped Nick’s hips tightly as he rode out his orgasm, loving the feeling of being inside of him as long as possible. After they’d come back down, Kevin gently pulled out, both groaning at the loss, before falling on the mattress beside him.

“I love you.” Nick was the first to speak.

“I love you too baby. Thank you for trusting me enough to take off your shirt.” Kevin rolled onto his side to peer at the other man. “You are so sexy. I don’t want you to ever think badly of yourself or ever doubt how much I want you.” Kevin said as he leaned in and kissed Nick softly on the cheek.

“I’m trying. It’s hard. It’s something I’ve struggled with my whole life. I just don’t want to disappoint you.” Nick said softly.

“Never. Never could you disappoint me. Especially with the way you look. I’m not a shallow person. I don’t care about any of that. I care about what’s in your heart. And I know that person pretty well. And I love him very much.”

Kevin kissed him softly once more before drawing him into his arms. He pulled the blanket up around them as he pulled Nick even closer. He never wanted to let go.