- Text Size +
Hello, Nick and Cole in this one... told you about it right? Okay then.



Chapter 1



“Nicole!”

“Yes. Coming.”

My step dad is on another one of his rampages again. Sometimes he’s just weird. I would never say that out loud though.

“You’re taking too long and getting yourselves into more trouble!”

Did you see the word yourselves? Wanna know why? Well, I have a twin you see and sometimes we combine our names since we’re twins and all. She’s older and her name is Colein. Mine is Nick. Combine those and you get Nicole! Does that answer your question? I’m in a hurry right now so no more.

“Yes dad?”

He wants us to call him dad even though we hate it. If we don’t then we can kiss our bruise free bodies away. He has a short temper.

“I want to know who the hell was in my stuff. Which one? I ain’t stupid! If you get into my stuff and I find out then you will be in a load of trouble. Now if one of you don’t confess then both of you will be in trouble. OK?”

“OK”

“So who did it?”

Now was the time to fess up. Here we go.

“Dad? Um………I did it.”

Wanna know what happened? My stepfather exploded.

“WHAT? I TOLD YOU TO STAY OUT AND WHAT DO YOU DO? YOU GET IN! COLE! You can go to your room. NOT YOU!”

I had tried to sneak past and had gotten myself into more trouble. How stupid can one person be?

“I told you to stay out of my stuff Nick. Why did you go and get into it?”

“I needed a paperclip.”

“If you needed a paperclip hen you could’ve asked. Am I right?”

“Yes.”

“Now.”

Wanna know what now means? It means now it’s time for the real punishment. The real punishment is a beating. That really sucked.

10 minutes later, he was finally done with me. He told me to go get cleaned up and go to bed. Oh and guess what? We just moved! That means tomorrow I’m gonna go to a new school with a black eye!

“Nick? You okay? Did he hurt you bad? Oh how I hate him.”

“I’m okay Cole. Is my eye black?”

“No.”

Okay. So I don’t have a black eye! So what?

Okay. I think it’s time you learned a little about me. My name is Nickolas Gene Carter. My favorite color is green, which is something you don’t need to know. How about my life? I was born premature with my twin sister Colein Twain Carter. My father died when I was four and my mother married this bozo. I think the only reason she married him is because his last name is Carter. His first name is Cloyd. My mom calls him CC. My mom’s first name is Jane. My real dad’s first name is-was Robert. My dad was killed in an automobile accident when I was four. My mom remarried when I was seven. My life has been a living hell since she married him. My mom doesn’t know what he does to us. She’s always off working or doing something I would rather not say. That’s sad dude. Both parents cheating on each other.

Maybe someday she’ll find out.