- Text Size +
Chapter blah blah blah…


The remaining time in the hospital I just sat and thought. I thought about how I was gonna die, I thought about what he was doing. Although I hate to admit it, I loved Cloyd. I mean, he was sort of my dad. He didn’t act like it all the time but he was. Or maybe is. Whatever. He’s in prison now right? No one will tell me how long. That sort of annoys me. I mean, prepare me so I know when I’m gonna die.

Well, after I got out of the hospital I went back to school. School, school, school. How much fun is school? I mean, I hadn’t been there for like 3 weeks. A bunch of people thought I had gotten caught and suspended for fighting. If only they knew.

Turns out, I went back to that school for about a month when mom went crazy and said she had to get out. So, we moved. To Montana. Okay, not Montana. We moved to Virginia.

So now we’re living in Virginia. Cole, mom, and me. Is it fun? There’s nothing to do! How can it be fun? I mean come on. All we do is go to school. And sleep and eat. How much fun is that? I mean, when we’re at home all we do is watch TV and read. The people here are really… ‘friendly’. The old people are all old people and the young people are all smart. Where does that put us? Mom is a waitress. She used to work at Hooters. Now she works at this bar place for old people, Sloke.

We live in a tiny little apartment with two bedrooms and one bathroom and no kitchen. In place of the kitchen is a type of closet. My ‘room’. Think Harry Potter. Yea.

Well, we eat at Sloke. We go to an old rundown school called Heritage. We wash our clothes in an old rundown beat up clothes thing. To tell you the truth, I love it.

***

There are these two guys that work at Sloke with mom. Their names are Kevin and Howie. They are cool. They don’t hate me; they don’t stare at me like I’m some kind of creature. It’s pretty nice. But what takes them down is that they talk about my mom like she’s some kind of slut for them to just have. But they’re cool.

Cole hates it here. She hates mom for moving us here. All of her love for me has vanished. Now it’s all my fault Cloyd is in jail and we don’t live anywhere good. My life really sucks.

Well. There’s my life for you. Fun huh? Wanna trade places with me? I love it but it sucks.

Alright, good versus bad. Good: Kevin, Howie, Sloke, school, no Cloyd, and my conscience, which is always around to help me through the day. The bad things: Kevin, Howie, Cole hates me, Cole hates mom, Cole hates everyone, where we live, no fun, friendly people, and I’m gonna die.

Crap, there’s more bad then good. Not good.

***

Let me explain to you school. This school rocks. It’s like split right? Between boys and girls. I mean, there’s actually a red line. Right down the middle.

Okay, I made it up. So what? Anyways, it’s cool anyway. No classes with Cole! Yay! But, there’s this one teacher. He gets on my nerves. He tells me to shut up and I’m not talking. He tells me to stop and I’ve been stopped. He tells me to sit down and I’ve been sitting down. I’m about to punch him. Not really, but I’d like to think so. He don’t like me, I don’t like him. Simple.

Well, I told my mom about him and she said deal with it. How the hell am I supposed to deal with it when he does it all the time?

Other then him, Mr. Beck, I like all my teachers. They are all rally cool. Especially Mr. V, he’s the vice principal, not a teacher really but he’s my favorite. I mean, he’s cool and funny and doesn’t always like, yell at me or anything. The complete opposite of Mr. Beck. Completely.

***

Cole sat there quietly. She was about to go out that night. Their mom wasn’t home and they were both bored. She didn’t know what Nick was gonna do but she was leaving. Let him do what he wanted to do. Fuck him; he fucked up all their lives.

***

It’s morning, Cole had left last night, and now she’s back. She smells. She stinks. She stinks like beer. Cloyd’s kind of beer.

She’s not going to school. No way. I am not letting her go to school. There’s no way.

***

She’s at school. I have no control whatsoever over her. I wish this twin stuff would kick in so I could know how she’s feeling. I know how I’m feeling, like crap. Shit.

You know, Cole can kiss my ass. I’m tired of worrying about her. I’ll just go on with my day and not worry about her. I won’t think about her at all. Not until she quits acting like a bitch to me.

*** (3 months later)

Mr. Beck’s getting friendly like the old people here are. But more friendly then that. I noticed it like a couple days ago. It’s been a couple of months, three. He’s been getting nicer and nicer, I still don’t like him. He’s been asking lately if I need help and just to ask him if I need it. Well, I DON’T NEED NO FUCKING HELP DAMMIT!

Woo, glad I got that out of my system.

*** (2 weeks later)

You won’t believe it! Mr. Fucking Beck came over yesterday. He asked my mom to dinner so he could ‘talk’ with her about my grades. They’ve been dropping. And you wanna know the weird thing? I haven’t gotten any F's or D's or C's. All A's and B's. Mr. Beck’s class is the only one that that’s happening. Now I have to explain that to my mom.

*** (1 month later)

She’s at it again. She’s drinking and sleeping around. She’s not working. She’s a fucking prostitute! Shit, my mom’s a prostitute.

I just found out today Cloyd’s out in a couple of months. A couple for me is like three or four. Not two. Damn, he didn’t even get a year. Wait, that’s like almost exactly a year.

Damn.

***(1 month later)

Mom’s never home, Cole is never home and Mr. Beck is being extra friendly. Too friendly. Today, he had a conversation with me at the end of class.

“Hi Nick. How you doing kid?”

“Great.”

“That’s not true is it? You have a D in here kiddo. I wonder why.”

“So do I.”

“Is something going on at home that’s bothering you? I could help.”

“No.”

“Is it me? I could help you after school if you like. Well, unless it is me. Then I’ll have to help you loosen up right?”

“Loosen up? I don’t need no help. Can I go now?”

“Yes, loosen up. Tell you what, you go home and talk to your mom about it and then we’ll talk again alright?”

After he said that, I left. Am I going to talk to mom? Hell no.

***

Mr. Beck is over, right now. There in my mom’s room. And the weird thing is, they’re actually only talking in there. Woah. But we know what’s really going to happen right?

“Nick?” I looked up. They were out. My mom looked disappointed. Huh, “I want you to start staying after school with Mr. Beck so you can get your grades up. Got me?”

I looked down. No way. That motherfucker. I hate him.

I was met with a smack to the back of the head, “Nick, listen to me. If you don’t stay after tomorrow or the day after or at all, you and me will be having a nice long talk. Don’t know why you don’t like Mr. Beck, he’s a nice man and he’s gonna help you get your grades up to at least B's. And your attitude with him? Improve it.”

I just nodded.

***(2 weeks later)

I haven’t stayed after at all. Mr. Beck can kiss my ass.

I jumped as the doorbell rang. Mom, home for once, went and answered it. Five minutes later, we were having our nice long talk. If you can call me getting my ass beat talking.

“What the hell is your problem boy huh? After what Cloyd did to you, I don’t wanna beat your ass but obviously that’s the only fucking way to get your ass to listen.”

So then I got the belt on my ass. And I still didn’t stay after.

***(2 months later)

I decided to stay after yesterday. It wasn’t fun.

Mr. Beck sat right beside me. And he fucking touched me! Now I know why I never liked the bastard. Here’s what happened:

I walk into his classroom after school and he’s sitting at his desk staring down at his fucking pants. When I walk in, he looks up like he got caught doing something wrong. Then he smiles this big ass smile.

“Hey Nick, I was wondering when you’d finally decide to come. Here,” he got up and grabbed a chair and sat it right beside his desk and sat down, “Come sit right here. It’s been proven that when the teacher’s sit closer to the students then there is better learning.”

I didn’t believe him but I went and sat next to him anyway.

He smiled and grabbed his grade book. He found my name and handed it to me. I looked at it and noticed that on a homework that I turned in, I got a F.

“I turned that in. And you said you changed that. Also, I had like all the answers on that test right. You’re fucking with my grades!” I went to get up but he pulled me down.

“Hey, I base most of my grades on attitudes and whether I can tell if you put in any effort. You don’t have a good attitude with me and you put in no effort whatsoever. You’re here because you need to improve on attitude and put in some effort on the work that I give you,” he put his hand on my thigh, “I’m here to help, Nick. I think I know what your problem is. I notice that you don’t have a father around, well I want to be your father here at school. Just let me, and I can give you those grades you want.”

I looked down at his hand. It was moving up. I wanted to stop it but I couldn’t. Would a dad really touch you like this? I could only guess that Beck didn’t have kids. I mean, if a dad touched you like this then Beck probably wouldn’t have kids.

“I did too put in effort. If I hadn’t then it would have been nothing right?” At that moment my voice cracked.

Beck smiled, “Your voice would stop cracking also of you had a father figure in your life. Or,” Beck’s hand was on my fucking crotch, “I can always go to your mom about you not staying after school. Tell her I believe boys need discipline and you’re obviously not getting any…”

“I’ll stay after…whatever. Can you please get off now?” He was halfway on top of me. “And that was a random moment.”

He just smiled and got off.

I ended up staying after that. Oddly, me doing no work other then staying after school got me all A’s in his class. People were starting to notice that I was staying after school and getting better grades. They started asking about it.

“Hey Nick? How come suddenly you getting so many good grades? Mr. Beck! Why is he-“

“He’s decided to stay after with me to get extra help on his work. He was diagnosed with dyslexia. I’m just helping him cope and he’s doing his work after school. No, you nor anyone else may stay after.”

Bastard!

***(2 weeks later)

Cloyd’s out. He’s back. He was begging mom to let him move in or us move back to where we were. I just want him to leave.

Cole’s gotten extremely close to me too. Every time I turn around she’s sitting there, or standing. She’s been doing it ever since Cloyd came.

He’s staying.

I’m dead.

***(1 week later)

My life sucks. Mr. Beck came over again and Cloyd saw him and Cloyd blew a fuse. He was pissed.

Now they’re best buddies. After school, I stopped going. Beck told Cloyd. Cloyd now fucking stands outside the door after school and drags me back in. Yay, more ‘fatherly’ bonding.

Cloyd hasn’t hit me, yet. He gives me looks sometimes.

***

Cloyd took me to their bedroom. Yes, their bedroom.

I had actually begun to not be so scared of him…up until he took me to his bedroom.

“I dropped the soap and picked it up. Or, I went to pick it up. Got fucked up my ass. They thought I’d hate it. Clean-cut guy getting fucked up his ass? In prison, they say you ain’t liked much if you beat your kids. They loved me. Said kids these days weren’t getting enough discipline. You were, but not anymore. Or not lately. But, I’ll make you a deal. Since you are my son. If you let me fuck you up your ass then I won’t beat it.” He stopped and looked at me.

Yea fucking right. What a deal. Either way I was gonna get my ass beat and fucked up the ass. I shook my head no.

He growled, “Fine. Expect me to be in your room sometime soon. Get out.”

I got out. Great, it’s started again. But obviously with more shit.

I was met with Cole.

“What were yall talking about?”

“None of your business.” She had obviously been listening up against the door.

Cole just glared at me, turned, and walked away.

***

I ain’t gay. I ain’t even looking to experiment. So why the hell was all these guys all the fuck over me?

I got suspended. For 10 days. Yay. For what? For touching this girls butt. Yea. Horrible huh? They suspended me for touching her butt! She was throwing herself all over me, I promise.

I don’t swear. It’s just not right. I’m horrible ain’t I?

I mean, first I’m talking about guys touching all over me then I talk about me touching girls.

Man.

***

Well, this girl, she is now my girlfriend. Yep. I got a girlfriend. I like her. She has some nice boobs…

Anyway, her name’s Kim. When I first saw her, I thought she was sorta a slut you know. Well, she knows how to please. Yes she does. She ain’t like Frieda who never wanted to do anything. She’s like Kim. Be-a-u-ti-ful.

We’re pretty serious you know.

*** (2 months later)

She broke up with me! She fucking broke up with me! That stupid bitch! She got me suspended too. Fucking suspended! That stupid fucking bitch! I hate- no not hate, dislike her deeply.

See, she was like, “Nick, I don’t think our relationship consists of love anymore like it used to, it’s more like me fulfilling your sexual wants. Yes, wants. I think we should stop before we really get to sexual intercourse.”

I’m sitting there thinking, my sexual wants? I hate to sound like this but it’s true, everyone else knows it too, she always threw herself all over me. Shit man, ask Cole. Cole might not like me but Cole knows.

What led her to this you ask? I believe she got in trouble because we were over at my apartment building and she asked me if I knew where there was a private room. She said it didn’t have to be like clean or anything just a place where no one went much. Therefore, I took her and me to the storage room. They never went in there, well barely.

So we went in there. And, well, let’s just say we weren’t naked. No, let’s say more. How about we say she had on only her ‘panties’ and I only had on my boxers. Yea. We were getting pretty ‘intimate’ in there. Then, in walks Cloyd. Just my luck.

Can you guess what happened? Well, if you go back to about a year before then you’ll most likely know. No? Well, I got my ass beat by not only Cloyd but by Mom too and Kim broke up with me. Bet you it was because she got in trouble and because it was ‘my fault’ she got in trouble. What a bitch.

***

That’s my life for after about a year after being ‘abused by a stepparent’. Maybe I need a social worker now?

Maybe my life will get better. Sooner or later.







Hello, author here. This is a horrible chapter. I hate it, I hate the way it went. Nonetheless I’m gonna keep it and continue on with the story. Hopefully the next few chapters will be better then this one. Within the next few chapters the story will probably be over. So leave the feedback and please tell how sucky this chapter was. Maybe sooner or later after I’m done with this story and Crazy is going I’ll redo this story…maybe.