- Text Size +
Inner Hell - Chapter One
Wreckless Behavior

“AJ, you are an asshole! God, just leave me the fuck alone, okay? I know what I’m doing and who the fuck died and made you boss anyway?” Nick yelled when AJ McLean grabbed the partially empty bottle of Jack Daniels that was setting on the nightstand in Nick’s hotel suite.

“Yeah Nick, I’m an asshole, but this asshole also knows you’re getting yourself into some pretty heavy shit,” he rasped as he walked towards the bathroom with the bottle.

“Just cause you couldn’t handle alcohol doesn’t mean that I can’t, you fucker!”

“Well I can tell by your agressive anger that you’ve got things under control Nick,” AJ stated in a calm voice as he poured the contents of the bottle down the drain.

Nick glared as he watched AJ pour the whiskey out. Sticking his middle finger up he gritted his teeth. “Go...to....hell!”

“Thanks, I plan on it,” was AJ’s reply as he smiled at his younger Backstreet brother. “I’ll be in the room down the hall if you need anything.”

Once the door was closed, Nick grabbed his wallet and tucked it in the back pocket of his jeans. He swayed momentarily as he reached for his white ball cap. Stepping out into the hall, Nick didn’t care if anyone was waiting for him, he wanted to go to the hotel bar and there wasn’t anyone that could stop him if they wanted to.

“Yo, Nick, where you going?”

Never hesitating in his steps, Nick recognized the voice as one of the guys from detail and shot back, “Downstairs for a drink.”

“You can’t go unescorted, I’ll go with you,” Juan offered.

“Nope, don’t need any detail,” Nick tried to wave off the man.

“Well then I’m coming down with you as a friend then, is that okay?”

“Suit yourself, but I ain’t buying you any drinks that’s your own business,” Nick spat as he punched the button for the elevator.

“That’s fine with me, can you wait for me to get my wallet?”

Nick grinned, but there was no joy behind the smile. “Sure thing Juan.”

“Okay, thanks, back in a sec.”

The elevator bell chimed as the car reached the floor.

“I’ll hold the elevator,” Nick called out as he stepped in. Smiling maliciously, Nick pressed the close door button and then selected the button for the hotel lobby. “Hold my ass, Juan,” Nick muttered under his breath.