- Text Size +
Feel like I was an Angel

Summery: Nicole Fox the captain of the worse team in Athena Academy history. Her soon to be retired defense teacher thinks she is incapable to be a captain and her team is not worthy to be in the tournament their 7th year. Her personal life is about to have some drama. It is a prequel to Misfit.

(It still needs some editing. I have a form of dyslexia, which is difficult for me to spot the spelling and grammar problems.)

Chapter 01 * Warning

It was a simple assignment. Anyone could have done it. A 1st year team could have done it. But no, they could not get it right, as usual. All the years before this one was for fun but things were getting serious. Nicole sat in her defense teacher’s office wearing her dripping wet uniform. She waited for him to come in and when he did, he slammed the door behind him. With the 4 years of training that was suppose to help her control her reaction to the unexpected and not to be scared, all went out the window that moment.

“How could it happen?” Mr. Wolfram yelled.

“Well, you see what happened is…” She started to say softly.

“I don’t want an excuse your brothers would give me right now. You are top of your class but I don’t understand how a girl as smart as you can’t handle a group of hooligan. You were an excellent leader in the beginning but now I don’t know what to do with you. Mr. Kelly was not getting along with half of the team first year. The problem with Miss. Upwood last year.”

“We like to think of it as a minor set back.”

“Miss. Fox that minor set back set your team back a lot. Your team has not been performing well on these assignments. If you keep going the way you have been you and your team won’t be in the tournament.”

“But we can improve. What can we do to improve?” He sighs.

“I’m giving you all one more chance. If you all mess this one up, your team won’t be going to the tournament and you will not be captain.”

“What?”

“I know in your whole family history no one has never been demoted. But this is for the best.”

“But my sister, she…”

“Her team was able to afford her ‘minor set back’ as you would call it.” Nicole felt herself getting upset. She did not want to start crying in front of him.

“May I go, sir?” She asked looking down.

“Yes you may.” She got up from her seat and walked out of the office. She felt all her senses become numb as she walked down the hall to the outside entrance, which led out to the housing for the students. She walked in to the Artemis’s four-story house. She found her team changed out of their soaked uniforms and were now sitting around talking and laughing about their last assignment.

“Hey Nic.” Sean, her twin brother said holding a towel for her. “What did Mr. W want?” Nicole looked at her brother and felt the numbness go away. She busted in to tears. “Nikkei, what happen?” He walked up to her wrapping the towel around her before pulling her into a hug. She buried her face in to his shoulder. He rubbed her back as she sobbed.

“I’m the worse captain.” She said.

“What? No, you’re not.”

“Yes I am.” She lifted her face from his shoulder. “Mr. Wolfram said that if we mess up our next assignment I’m not going to be captain any more.”

“Oh Nikkei,” Ashley Star said as she got up to give her friend a hug. “This could be the worse of it all.”

“It’s not.” Nicole pulled away whipping her tears away. “We won’t be able to go to the tournament.”

“What?” Every one yelled.

“We can’t afford to mess up any of our assignments from now to the tournament.” She pulled the towel tighter around her. “I’m going to bed.” She said walking to the stairs that led up to the girls’ dorms.