- Text Size +
“ Dearly beloved we are gathered here today in the sight of god, friends and family to join these two people in holy matrimony.” The preacher began; he looked at the two and smiled.

“ It has taken a long time for two people such as these to find love, and with love comes the commitment of marriage.” He said looking towards Kevin.

“ Kevin and Dianna have written their own vows to each other.” The preacher said. Kevin took Dianna’s hand in his own and smiled.

“ Dianna, from the first day I lay eyes on you I knew that I was in love. You were the first thing I saw when I arrived in the camp and you always seemed to be the last thing I saw before I went to sleep every night. You stood by my side during the trial and never once did your love for me ever waver, you helped heal my heart, soul and body during a time where I thought I had lost everything. I pledge my heart, soul and body to you and that I wish for us to be together forever.” Kevin said to her, he could see the tears rolling down Dianna’s cheeks. She slowly composed herself before she started to speak.

“ Kevin, since the first day I saw you come into the camp, how lonely you looked while you lay in the bed. How much your eyes seemed to light up and the smallest mention of your daughter’s name. I knew that someday I wanted to be a part of that life with you. You’ve got a kind heart and when I first learned that you had already been married once I wondered if you had room in your heart for another. But you proved to me that you did and I stood by you no matter what. I waited and saw all things that came our way and the times I thought I could lose you forever. Today I pledge my heart, mind and soul to you forever and I promise that I will be faithful and true to our love.” Dianna said looking into his deep green eyes.

“ Now that the vows have been said, that a pledge has been made. It’s time to exchange the rings.” He said looking towards the young boy that held the rings. The young man handed them to Jerold and Jerold put them in Kevin’s hand. Kevin placed the two golden bands in the center of the bible.

“ These rings symbolize your eternal love for each other. A circle with no ending as should be your love for each other. Kevin if you’d place the ring on her finger and repeat after me.” He said. Kevin nodded and placed the ring on Dianna’s finger.

“ With this ring I thee wed.”

“ With this ring I thee wed.” Kevin said looking into Dianna’s dark brown eyes.

“ Dianna if you’d do the same.” He said looking towards Dianna.

“ With this ring I thee wed.”

“ With this ring I thee wed.” Dianna said with a smile on her face.

“ Now what god has brought together let no man separate. I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss your bride.” The preacher said. Kevin didn’t need any coaxing on that as he lifted the vale that covered Dianna’s face and brought her lips to his own. Cheers could be heard as Kevin pulled away breaking the kiss.

“ I would like to introduce for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Richardson.” He said with a smile. Kevin took Dianna’s hand and turned and faced the group. He smiled towards Isabelle and then looked at his brother. Jerold nodded and smiled as Kevin took Dianna’s arm and walked back down the isle she had come down.


The reception that followed the ceremony was a gala event. All the aristocrats from neighboring plantations and both Kevin’s and Dianna’s families had assembled to wish the newly weds good fortune. Kevin walked over to Isabelle as she talked quietly to Jeremy.

“ Can I borrow my daughter for a moment?” Kevin asked.

“ Sure. I’ll go congratulate Dianna.” Jeremy said kissing Isabelle’s cheek before turning and walking into the crowd.

“ What is it dad?” She asked looking into his eyes.

“ I wanted to check on my daughter.”

“ I would have thought you wouldn’t want to let your new wife from your side.” Isabelle teased him.

“ Her father wanted to dance with her and I felt the need to dance with my own daughter.” Kevin said looking towards the dance floor where Dianna danced gracefully with her father. Isabelle smiled and took her father’s hand as he led her to the dance floor. Many of the guests had taken this cue to start dancing themselves.

As the night wore on Isabelle watched as the guests slowly said their goodbye and left the house. She loved to see the old plantation full of life again and knew in just a few short weeks it would be again. She had seen her father and Dianna sneak off after the cake cutting. She knew where they had gone and knew that by morning they’d be boarding a boat for England, where they would spend their honeymoon. A smile spread across her face as she thought of the happiness Dianna would bring to her father.

“ What are you thinking about?” Jeremy asked as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“ How happy I am for my father and Dianna and how much I know I have that.” Isabelle said turning and facing him.

“ We will as soon as your father returns, be wed. And I can finally show you how much I truly love you.” Jeremy said kissing her passionately.

“ I know but until then you are to return to you families home and then return when father returns in two weeks.”

“ I know, I leave in the morning right after your father and Dianna do.”

“ I love you Jeremy.”

“ I love you too Issa.” He said.