- Text Size +
Nick couldn't help but pace in the lounge while he awaited Lorena's arrival. His palms were sticky with persperation about their meeting. LeighAnne had taken Mandy out for a girls' night and a celebration of Mandy's first performance in New York, but Nick was starting to worry that if Lorena took any longer to arrive, their visit would be cut drastically short.
The pacing and the sweating finally got to him, and Nick decided that he needed something to drink or he might pass out waiting for her. The coffee bar was deserted when he arrived, and he recieved his glass of water quickly. Drinking down the water, Nick turned to face the lobby of the hotel.

She's not coming, he started to think. Why isn't she here yet? Did she leave without saying goodbye? Could she get away from the crowds? Are the bodyguards harassing her? Taking his glass of water and consumed by his thoughts, he sat at a table with a view of the hotel door where he could see the mobs of girls, but they could not see him.

For some reason or another he felt compelled to look towards the back door of the coffee shop, the one that seemed out of sight. He gasped as he saw Lorena walking towards him.

*****

All's fair in love and war, she kept telling herself as she stood outside the staff entrance of the hotel. He can't be that serious about her if he wants to meet with you and writes to you about love.

Lorena kept trying to make a move towards the door that Nick had advised her to use. Every time she thought about him wanting to meet her, that there had to be something there if he wanted to see her again, she would start towards the door. Two seconds later she would change her mind and decide that she didn't want to be 'the other girl'.

Finally she got the nerve and opened the door and walked in. Knowing that now there was no turning back, she headed towards the lounge, hoping that her anti-perspirant would hold up. She never made it to the lobby; she spotted Nick in the coffee shop getting a drink of water. Standing at the back entrance to the shop, she stood watching Nick look toward the other direction. Something inside of her knew then that she had made the right decision and she decided to stop making him wait any longer.

Lorena only took a couple of steps before Nick turned around and spotted her. She saw him take in a sharp breath, and she smiled back at him.