- Text Size +
Nick stood up as Lorena got closer to him and the table. "I thought you were never going to arrive," he managed to say.
"I'm sorry, I had some thoughts I had to wrestle with before I came to see you."

Nick nodded in understanding; it couldn't be easy for Lorena to pursue this relationship either, especially since he hadn't called it quits with Mandy yet. "Do you wanna go somewhere we can be alone to talk?"

Lorena started to tense up a bit. That was all she needed, to be alone with Nick; he was someone she wanted desperately to have something happen with, but deep down she knew nothing should be happening between them. How do you say no to someone you've been thinking about for the last few months? She nodded her head slowly in response and took the lead to the elevators.

When the elevator doors closed and they started their ascent, Nick took hold of Lorena's hand and both could tell each other's apprehension. Walking hand in hand, they left the elevator and approached a door. "Is this your room?" Lorena asked Nick.

"No, I got this one specially for us. No one else has a key, no one should be wondering where I am, and no one knows that you are here," Nick lied. It wasn't a complete lie; LeighAnne and Brian were the only ones that knew she was there, but he could sense Lorena ease up with his reassurances.

Casually, Nick walked in the room and plopped down on the loveseat. Lorena was more cautious to enter and, not wanting to make Nick think she was nervous, sat down next to him. She sat facing forward, staring at the blank television screen, waiting for Nick to make a move of some kind.

As fast as he could, Nick blurted out what he had to say next. "Lorena, there is something I want to share with you. I've wanted to share this with you many times, but it didn't seem like the right kind of thing to address in a letter. Now that we are together again, I feel like I should tell you." Confused, Lorena just turned to face Nick. "I... you... I... this is going to sound so weird, but I've been having dreams about you."

Unsure about just how to respond to that, "What kind of dreams?" was all Lorena could think of to ask.

"Well," Nick paused to rub the back of his neck. "Well, we are lovers, you are a queen, and your king orders my death upon finding out about your indiscretions." Turning, he faced Lorena's unpreturbed face. "You aren't shocked? Scared? Wanting to leave now?"

Lorena just sat looking at her hands for a few moments. "How can I be shocked when I've been having strange dreams with you in them as well?"

*****

Something inside of her told her that she needed to go back to the hotel as soon as she possibly could. LeighAnne was sitting across from her, rambling on about something that Mandy had a hard time paying any attention to. She continuously glanced towards the door, trying to hint to LeighAnne that she wanted to leave soon. Mandy could not believe that she could just talk on like she was; she was not paying any attention the 'guest of honor'.

"LeighAnne, I hate to interrupt your story, but I'm not feeling well suddenly. Can we go back to the hotel?" Mandy finally got the courage to ask.

LeighAnne looked at Mandy and wondered if she really was sick or if Mandy knew that Nick was up to something and this dinner was really a plot to keep her away. "Sure, girl, last thing I want is for you to get sick while on tour," she lied.

The two girls threw some money on the table and left the restaurant. Mandy hailed a cab and quickly got in and told the driver what hotel to drive to. She had a feeling in her gut about Nick and she hoped that it was wrong, but she trusted her gut, it was rarely wrong.

They arrived at the hotel promptly, and Mandy made her way to the room that she and Nick were sharing. She unlocked it slowly and revealed to herself what she already had known: Nick was not in their room. There was not much she could do, unless she wanted to tear through the hotel like a madwoman. Some of Nick's fans probably expected to read some story about her doing this, but Mandy decided to wait in the room; he would show up sooner or later. He, after all, had to get his stuff before they left for the next city.

*****

Nick and Lorena laid in each other's arms. They had just spent a good two hours talking about their dreams with each other. They both agreed that the dreams were because they missed each other very much and mainfested that into their dreams. Nick did not really want to tell Lorena that his dream was reccurring and that he'd been having it since before they met, and Lorena did not want to tell Nick of the powerful emotions her dreams evoked in her.

Nick knew he had to get back to his room soon; he could only have a few hours with Lorena and he knew that. He wanted to hold her like he did in his dreams. He pulled her closer to him and thought about how he was going to say goodbye yet again to this woman that he felt so connected to.

"I have to get going," he finally decided to tell her.

"Already?"

"I know it seems like we just got in here, but it's been over two hours and I need to be getting back before Mandy gets in."

"Are you going to keep in touch?"

"I promise I will."

Lorena then asked a question that had been on her mind since she walked in the door earlier that evening. "Are you ever going to leave Mandy?"

Nick looked Lorena straight in her eyes and said with all honesty, "Yes."

She was so happy to hear this that she moved closer to him, kissing him deeply. Nick responded by kissing her with the same passion. They were soon locked in an embrace, using their lips to tell each other their desire for the other.

They remained that way for a few more minutes before the realization hit Nick that he had to leave to go meet Mandy. What he had to think of now was how to end it with Mandy.

He left the room Lorena was in and slowly, very slowly, made his way back to the room he was sharing with Mandy.