- Text Size +
Very carefully, Nick opened the door the room that he was sharing with Mandy. He hoped that he had beaten her back to the room, or that she was tired enough to fall asleep. His eyes fell upon Mandy sitting on her bed flipping casually through the television channels.
"Hey, babe, how was your night out with LeighAnne?" Nick asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"I felt a little ill, so we came home early. Where were you just now?" she couldn't help but ask as soon as possible.

Trying to think quickly, he answered, "I was with Brian."

Narrowing her eyes ever so slightly, she continued to question Nick. "What did you two decide to do?"

"We were watching T.V. in his room. I think I'm gonna take a shower now."

Nick walked into the bathroom and shed his clothes, hopping into the shower quickly. The hot water felt good running down his skin. He had to think of some way to break up with Mandy, but with a tour with her looming ahead of him still, now may not be the best of times to go through with it. He had just finished lathering up his hair when he heard the bathroom door open. Sticking his head under the showerhead, he cleaned the soap off his head.

"Need any help in there?" Mandy asked as she opened the curtain. Smirking, she eyed Nick up and down. "I would certainly love to help you in any way that I can," she said with an innocent tone to her voice and batting her eyelashes.

Before Nick could say anything, Mandy was in the shower with him and she was doing things to him that she knew he liked to have done.

*****

Lorena sat in the room that she and Nick were just in together in a daze. Her mind was refusing to believe that she just kissed Nick. Instead her mind tried to play off the occurrence like it was a dream. She sat on the bed, forcing herself to remember the kiss so that it would stay fresh in her mind. Soon she laid down on the bed and rested her eyes, smiling at the pleasant feeling she had at that moment.

Soon her daydreams were filled with flashes of different kisses mingled in with her memories of her recent kiss. She thought nothing of the memories, except that she wasn't really herself in many of them. Her face showed that of confusion as images of distant places flashed in her head, but her kiss felt the same in all her daydreams. One of them captivated her the most, and she tried to focus in on that one the most.

Lorena could only make out that it was the same scenario that one of her dreams took place in, the mid-1800's scenario. She was sitting in a gazebo with a young blond boy sitting on the bench next to her. They were both young, couldn't have been more then thirteen or fourteen. The boy had his hand holding hers tightly, and slowly he moved towards her. The kiss he placed on her lips was soft and sweet, the way a first kiss should be. She reopened her eyes to look at the face of the boy that she had just shared her first kiss with, and smiled.

Looking at his face, she saw him go from a smile to a look of almost pure terror. He had spotted something that terrified him. Lorena, curious, turned around to see what he was looking at. Her gaze fell upon a girl with a look of pure anger on her face. The other girl turned and stormed off, obviously upset at the scene she had just witnessed.

Lorena tried to focus on the face of the girl, replaying the moment she turned around and saw her face over and over again. After a while she was able to make out that the face of the girl who had just been angered was the same face that she remembered seeing in her dream she'd had when she recieved the news of a young Nickolas's death.

A bit startled at this new dream, she longed to learn what it could mean. Dreams are passageways to know more about yourself, and Lorena wanted to learn why she kept dreaming about being in love and then losing it almost as soon as she realized she had it.

She got up quickly and left the room she was sharing with Nick and made her way back to her hotel room. She unlocked her room door quickly and made her way to her suitcase. She always had her dream book with her since the dreams had started, and she wanted to look up what the possible meanings of this dream could be. She rummaged through her suitcase and couldn't find the dream book. Frustrated, Lorena threw her clothes down on her bed. Falling from the pile in her hand was another book, not the one she was looking for, but the one that she had just finished reading. Why did I bring this one? Lorena questioned herself as she stood looking at the book The Law of Love.

*****

Dry desert heat warmed the back of his neck as he watched the activity of the city from his terrace. There was a brief commotion in the marketplace, but he need not pay any attention to that, the local guards would tend to it. He was watching for a certain person, a rival in work, society and love. He only had to wait a few more minutes before he saw the man he was waiting for. Leaving the place he was standing and making his way down the stairs, the man hoped he could catch up the the man he had been watching for.

It did not take him long to reach the man since his stride was so much more powerful. Knocking the man out had been an easy task; it was not as easy, however to drag the body into a empty warehouse. While the man was still out cold, the observer took to beating the man, kicking him and making the blood spew from his mouth. With every hit and kick, the man felt more and more power surge through his body. The man laying on the ground soon was breathing shallow breaths. "Hunh," was the only sound the attacker made as he left him to die and went off in search of his prize, the new widow.