- Text Size +
She yawned as she woke up in a bed. Quickly she bolted into a sitting position, wondering where she was now and what was going to happen to her. The last thing she remembered was telling Mandy she wasn't going to kill her, then it went dark. Where was Nick? What had happened to him? Where did Mandy get taken to? What was going on? Where was she? There were so many questions that she had, and oh how she hurt. Breathing was even difficult for her.
Giving up the fight to sit up, Lorena fell back down on the bed and lay awake, wondering what happened after she passed out. The room she was in was plain, white everywere; was this a hospital room? No, it had too many things in the room, and there was no smell that a hospital room usually carried. There was nothing else for her to do but lay there and stare at the ceiling. Pain continued to surge through her body, but she was happy for it, because that meant she was alive.

Flashes of her memory came back to her, and she remembered the shadowy figure that was approaching Nick as she made her final attack on Mandy. What if he wasn't there to help? No, he had to be, if he wasn't you would be dead by now. The thoughts rushed her brain, making her all the more tired.

Closing her eyes to try and get more rest, she caught the door beginning to open. She couldn't believe it, Mandy was walking through the door and laughing at her. "It's not over." Her eyes snapped open as Mandy approached her and started to hit her as she lay helpless in the bed. "NO!" was all she managed to scream out.

"Lorena. Lorena, wake up... wake up, you are dreaming," a soft voice was saying.

Blinking awake, she smiled as she saw Nick's face. "Nick."

"How are you doing?" he asked. "I love you so much." A tear traced his cheek before her hand reached up to wipe it away.

"I love you too."

*****

There had been too much internal bleeding to help her, but the doctors did all they could to make her live. They had spent hours on the operating table fixing the organs that were badly damaged. It was of no use; she died three hours after her arrival.

Calling the time of the death, the head doctor pulled the sheet over the corpse. "I suppose we should be calling her family?" the doctor asked the nurses in the room with him. "What was her name?"

"Mandy Willaford, doctor."

*****

It had been a few years since that wonderful yet horrible time in their lives. They had moved on together, making each other happy. They were both completely recovered and had forgotten that someone out there had hated them so much they had wanted them dead.

Curious as to why and how A.J. had known where the three had been, they had asked him shortly after Lorena being released from the hospital.

"I'd been having dreams. I helped Mandy kill two people in a past life. She had approached me and convinced me it was my destiny to help her kill the two again. I found out she meant you two. I helped her kidnap Nick and drag him up to the sixth floor. Then something happened. As I watched for Lorena, I had another dream surface. It was clear in that one that I had wanted to help you, but I couldn't stand up for myself. I decided to help you at that point. Lorena was handling herself pretty well with Mandy, so I helped Nick, then we both carried the two of you out of the building after you passed out."

Smiling down at Lorena, Nick couldn't help but kiss the woman he loved, the one he was meant to love. "Gotta go, babe, the show isn't going to wait for me." He ran off onto the stage and Lorena listened as she heard him sing their favorite song "More Than That".

*****

"It's a girl!" the doctors exclaimed.

"Oh, honey, it's a girl," the ecstatic husband said, looking down at his wife. "She's beautiful, just like you."

The woman smiled at her husband, happy that their dream of a child had finally come true.

"So, what are the proud parents going to name this lucky child?"

The couple looked at each other and smiled.

"Amanda," they said together.