- Text Size +
Lorena had been wrong when she thought she would never hear from Nick again. She heard from him almost daily in e-mails and the first phone call she recieved from him startled her.
"Lorena, the phone is for you, some guy."

"Kay, I'm coming." She got up from her computer and walked to the living room where her roommate was watching TRL. "Hello?"

"Lorena? Is this really you?" the male voice asked.

"Yes, may I ask who is calling?"

"Did you forget me already? It's Nick."

"Nick! Oh my god, I didn't expect to hear your voice again, this is definitely a surprise."

Getting an annoyed look from her roommate got Lorena to quiet down and move to another part of the room so that they could speak about what had been going on with them. She told Nick everything she thought he could possibly want to know that had been going on in her life lately, that is, all but the dreams she had been having about him.

Last night, she had had another dream like the one she had after that first night she met Nick. Nick hadn't really been in this dream, but Lorena had felt the same emotion towards the blonde girl in her dream that she had felt towards Nickolas in her first dream.

They ended their phone call on a happy note; Nick was giving Lorena a couple of tickets to a show out east and they were going to meet up again. She couldn't wait, and when she went back to her room to work on her homework she couldn't concentrate, but let her mind flow back to the dream she had started to remember on the phone.

She and her blonde friend were living together; they were best friends, they were more than friends. Everything they did they did for each other: they were in love. Lorena shook her head in disbelieving manner; she was in love with another woman in her dream. What did that mean for her now?

There was an angry mob that was pulling her lover away from her; she then realized she was being dragged away too. Piles of twigs and a pole were ahead of her, and there were people gathered around holding torches. Lorena had watched as she and her friend were tied to the poles. A man stepped forward, but the man was not who Lorena couldn't stop glaring at; the woman next to the man had her attention. This woman was trying to look as innocent as she possibly could as the man next to her started to read from a black book, a Bible, Lorena thought.

Lorena watched as the men with the torches moved in towards her, but she turned her head quickly to look toward her friend instead. The blonde girl was looking at her as well; tears started to stream down her face while she watched the flames grow around her. She felt the fire grow around her as well, and with a deafening scream Lorena could remember shouting out the name "Nicole", and that was where she had awoke.

Lorena looked around her bedroom through hazy eyes; this dream had obviously gotten the best of her, like the one she had with Nick in it earlier. She hated being so emotional; tears came way too easily to Lorena, or so she thought. Her friends had always thought of her as a hardass, someone who didn't cry unless it was unavoidable. She got up from her bed, which she had thrown herself on when she got back in her room, and sat at her desk.

Maybe sitting will help me concentrate on the subject at hand, she thought to herself. It was times like these that she wished she knew more people around campus and could get out and do something; she wanted to leave her room, and she wanted desperately to forget the feelings she had felt in her dream.

*****

The time had finally arrived for Mandy to join Nick and the rest of the guys on tour. She couldn't wait to get out there and perform, to show all those little girls that she was more talented than Nick and the rest of the boys combined. She had begun her packing process two days ago and was still in the process of deciding exactly what she wanted to take. It wasn't so much what she would be seen on stage in - those were already decided for her anyway - it was more want she wanted to be seen in on Nick's arm. The way she looked with Nick would be very important to her, as this was how the girls would see them, and she had to portray that she and Nick were perfect for each other.

Mandy laid out her different outfits one more time and gave a final nod of approval; she finally had gotten the right combination of clothing together. Her task at hand now was the accessories that she needed to go with them.

She decided on her earrings for all her outfits at the same time the phone rang. "Hello, this is Mandy," she answered.

"Hey, babe, what have you been up to?" the voice on the other line, Nick, asked.

"Nick, hon, I was in the middle of packing. Is there something you wanted to discuss with me that was totally important?"

"I was just wondering and hoping that you would want to go grab a bite to eat, this being our last night not on tour and stuff, ya know."

"Not tonight, I'm not hungry nor in the mood to see you scarf down your food. I'll see you tomorrow when we leave. Love ya." Not waiting for an answer, she simply hung up the phone. She cringed as she thought of watching him stuff a hamburger in his mouth. Food was not something she wanted to see go in his mouth at the moment. She would love to be with Nick, but she wanted to be what Nick was eating, not the hamburger.

She sighed, knowing that Nick and her doing anything she wanted to do wouldn't be happening for a while, since his mind seemed to always be elsewhere. Mandy turned back to her task at hand, what necklace to wear with her outfits, and soon let the call from Nick drift out of her mind. This tour was going to launch her career and she had to have everything perfect, she thought as she placed a gold chain with her first outfit.