- Text Size +
It made kevin sick. His body giving him no choice but to sit down on the steps before the dizziness did it for him. Not being able to control himself, he cried for the little boy murdered at the top of the stairs. Then prayed that Lee would be next.

Kevin knew Lee was still around because he never heard him leave. And at the moment, he didn't care if the tears made him look weak, he couldn't stop them even if he wanted to. They poured from his eyes faster then he could wipe them away.

Moments later, he wasn't aware of anything else, only the darkness awaiting him.

He awoke sometime later, with a killer headache and a wierd feeling that what he thought was a dream-really wasn't. He tried to sit up, but found he hadn't the stregth for even that mundane task.

Kevin was aware only of pain. Pain in his head and pain in his heart. Slowly remembering the sight of his nephew dead.

He opened his eyes slowly to discover he was no longer in that house, but laying on a soft white sterile bed in the hospital.

To his left he saw the door, and on his right he saw a man with jet black hair, pulled back into a small pony tail. His back was to him so he couldn't see the face. Nor could he tell if the guy was sleeping. He wasn't moving so it was a safe bet that he was asleep.

Now to figure out who he is...

Well it's not one of the guys, I know that much, but...

Lee.

Kevin looked at the door on his left, and then glanced at the IV in his hand, then back to the door. He hoped Lee was sleeping and prayed for speed and to become so quiet no one would hear him leave. He had to get away before Lee saw he was a wake. Who knows what would happen to him if he stayed. Obviously Lee was dangerous, so staying was an option Kevin wasn't about to take.

He reached for the IV with the intent on pulling it out, until a hand caught his and forced it back.

A hand covered Kevins mouth, quieting the scream before it could be heard.

Lee leaned down and got right in Kevins face and said in a heated whisper that held so much power,
"Don't make a sound. When the police come, you're going to tell them you were mugged. And they hit you from behind so you never saw their face."

Lee backed up slightly, but stayed close enough to remain in Kevins personal space.

"Why should I listen to you? Why should I lie for you? And what the hell happened anyways?" He reached up to touch the bandage on the back of his head.

Lee laughed. "Don't worry Kev, ain't nothing permanent. Couple of day's you'll be good as new. I did manage to catch you off gaurd and throw you down the flight of stairs you were on. I did want to do the same to you as your nephew Seth, and leave you for maybe Nick to find. Or Brian. He is blood related ain't he? Maybe Howie would be better suited to find you. Think if AJ found you he'd go back to drinking? You see, the thing is, as much as I'd like to kill you, I can't. I need you."

"Need me for what? Why me?"

"You have something I want. You're going to get it for me or I'll make you pay. Maybe I'll kill one of the others instead of you. See how many of your loved ones I can kill before you crack. It's a known fact people can only take so much pain before their bodies shut down. I wonder if it's the same for heartache as real pain." he paused to let that sink in.

"But don't worry, you do as I say and no one else you love will die. I gaurentee it."

"And I'm supposed to trust you-why?"

"You forget that I hold your life and the lives of everyone you love in my hand. Giving me what I want would not only be in your best interest, but would in fact gaurentee your safety."

"How do I know you're not lying? There's absolutely no reason I should trust you."

"Seth felt no pain. I drugged him in his sleep, then broke his neck and did the rest. I left him for you to find. He felt no pain."

If looks could kill, Lee would be worse off then Seth.

"And that makes me feel better? You still killed Seth. He was seven years old and you killed him. What did he have to do with any of this?"

Lee moves away and brings the chair he was sitting on over next to the bed.

"I'm going to start at the begining. The very begining, do not interupt until the end. Understand?"

Satesfied when he only nods, he leans back in the chair, clears his throat, and begins...

"It was a cold and stormy night when I was born..." he breaks off at the irritated look on Kevins face...