- Text Size +
Chapter Fifteen.


It had been a few days since the kissing in the kitchen. That day, after everything started to get a little out of hand, Brian decided that it had to stop. He had his needs and having them driven wild by a minor wasn't fair on him. It wouldn't be fair on Nick if he found out Brian wanted to go fuck a random person to take his mind off Nick for a while. So, he stopped it. Nick was hurt, like he had said he would be, and had cried for at least an hour. Brian tried to comfort him but he got pushed away and yelled at. So he had left Nick to himself and sat on the balcony, had even slept on the couch. Now, since that day...his thoughts had plagued him constantly, Nick hardly spoke to him and had found the clerk in reception better company. He didn't know that Nick had poured his crushed little heart out to this guy, but, now Brian was crushed. He was alone most of the day now, nothing to do and no one to talk to.

"It's your own fault Bri...you should have known better. Forget about it now, nothin's gonna happen again so...forget about it," he spoke to himself, trying his best to believe and understand himself. He stood up from the couch, grabbed his key-card and headed downstairs to the lobby. He decided he wanted something to eat and there wasn't anything filling in the fridge so he wanted to go eat in the restaurant. Maybe they'd have something good to eat? Maybe not, what he really wanted was someone to talk to or be around more people. Sitting on your own, wollowing about rights and wrongs in a hotel room really wasn't good for ones mind.

As he got into the elevator, he was thankful it was empty and pressed G. He knew he's see Nick in the lobby talking with...was his name Tristen? He thought it was. But, he knew he'd see if but he wouldn't appraoch him either because...if Nick wanted to talk with him he'd let him do it in his own time. Although he badly needed to explain why he did what he did, he just couldn't force Nick into something he didn't want to do just yet. In his own time would be best because then he'd be in control and not feel presured. The elevator bell sounded and he stepped out into the lobby. He looked to his right and saw the desk and sure enough, Nick was sitting on a chair chatting away with Tristen. He didn't look happy at all, in fact he looked really upset still and Tristen just sat there, looking all sympathetic and concerned, rubbing Nick's hand and listening to his every word. Brian felt a pang of jealousy but brushed it off and made his way over towards them. Nick spotted him coming over and watched him carefully out of the corner of his eye. Brian smiled at them both, Tristen smiled brightly and nodded his head...Nick didn't do anything but stare at the wooden desk in front of him. Brian sighed painfully and carried on past into the restaurant.

"Sweetheart...really! You could have smiled at least, let him know you don't hate him. He's looks even more devastated than you do," said Tristen, still rubbing his knuckles. Nick sighed and nodded slightly.

"I know but I really need to think about what I'm gonna say to him...I have been cruel to him, made him sleep on the couch, not spoken to him, screamed at him for no reason but it hurt me. I should have known because he did say it would before I kissed him. He said no then. I shouldn't have done it. But...I couldn't help it..." he said, eyes welling up again. Tristen smiled sadly at him and sighed.

"I know how you feel, Nick, I do. But you need to show or tell him you don't hate him because it'll destroy him. I could talk to him if you want?" he said softly. Nick smiled and nodded gently.

"Could you? It might help me decide what I'll say to him," Tristen smiled, stood and left his desk and headed for the restaurant. Nick sat in his chair and thought things over.

Brian was now sitting in the far left corner, by the window. Simply staring out of it as if nothing was even there. A waitress came over and gave him latte and began to take his food order. Simple macaroni cheese. She smiled and went away again. Tristen spotted him and made his way past customers and staff, the occasional 'Hello Tristen!' from some of the male staff. When he got to Brian's table, he stood there by the empty seat oppostie the dirty-blonde teen. He didn't sit down at all, waiting to be told to. Manners. Brian looked up at him and sighed, and looked at his hands on the table.

"Have you come to yell at me as well? If you have, can we wait until I've eaten?" he said softly and looked back up at the gorgeous clerk. Tristen had never been this close to Brian before and now saw why Nick really did like him. He was cute.

"No, I haven't Mr Littrell, I have merely come to talk to you on behalf of Nick and maybe help in a way. May I sit?" he asked sweetly and Brian nodded. Tristen sat down and smiled at Brian who began to look out the window again. Tristen could take as long as he liked to talk now, he had finished for the day and when Nick had come down to him, was in the process of waiting for his lover. Who was late. Again.

"Ok, Nick as you know, is very upset but it's not entirely focused on you, he blames himself as well for doing what he did after you had said no. He knows it's his own fault and also knows how much he has hurt you. The reason why he hasn't spoken to you since is because he hasn't collected his thoughts and knows if he doesn't, he'll only shout at you again and say something he might regret. Give him time, he will talk to you," he said softly and Brian sighed again. The waitress came over again and asked Tristen if he would like his usual cappucino, he thanked her and she went away yet again.

"I still can't believe how bad this really is. I blame myself for kissing him in the first place. I sparked it all off and now look what it's done. I should have known better...he's a minor. It's not fair on either of us. I don't think he knows how sorry I am but...I will give him his time. Keep sleeping on the couch." he said sadly, now finding his fingers interesting. Tristen smiled softly again and waited for Brian to talk again. Which he didn't for a very long time. Tristen had all day and so he sat with him until he was ready to face an empty hotel room again. When something good happens, something bad will happen. Even if it is not related to the good thing. You can't have pleasure without pain. Everything happens for a reason.