- Text Size +
Chapter Sixteen.

Tristen and Brian sat in the restaurant for well over an hour, talking about lovers, how to sort things out between Nick and Brian. Brian made a very good, truthful friend within Tristen which right now, is what he needed the most. Meanwhile, Nick had moved to the couches on the other side of the lobby, thinking. He now decided for himself that nothing like that should ever happen again, even if it torments him. At least, not until he's around 18 anyway. It'd get to complicated and they'd keep hurting each other and besides, if Kevin found out...well, he really didn't want to think about that. Nick was brought out of his little world when a very flustered looking man ran into the lobby and slammed his breaks on at reception.

"Oh shit! Tell me he's not gone? Please tell me he hasn't?!" he asked frantically. He was around 5'11", dark hair that just settled on his shoulders, tanned skin and from what Nick had seen he had big, deer-like eyes. The colour he hadn't see yet. He looked spanish but the american accent was too thick to say if he was or not. He was gorgeous. He seemed to be panicking as the lady at the desk wasn't giving him the answer he had wanted, obivously. Nick felt confident in the fact that he knew who was, so he raised his voice.

"Excuse me sir? But is your name Kayle?" he asked shyly as those big eyes settled on him, a warm smile graced his features as he made his way over to Nick, sitting in front of him.

"Yeah, yeah it is. Do I know you?" he asked softly, his bangs, level with his jaw line, swung forward when he titled his head forward to speak. The way he was sat was as though he wasn't bothered by Nick at all, like he didn't mind him talking. He had his forearms on his bent knees, hands together and leaning forward. His eyes were the brightest green Nick had ever seen...absolutely gorgeous. No wonder Tristen was marrying him!

"Um no, but I know Tristen," he answered, a smile escaping him. Kayle's eyes went huge and he smiled again.

"You do? Wow! But...do you know where he is?" he asked carefully, as not to scare Nick at all. He looked so fragile, so worried, confused.

"Yeah, but he's kinda busy right now though...he's helping me...I'm in a bit of a predicament you see," he said, flicking his own hair out his eyes. Kayle nodded in acknowledgement, eyes softening gradually.

"What's wrong...if you don't mind me asking?"

"Um, well, I'm 14 and my best friend is 19 and we kinda kissed...and now he's put a stop to it, which is right but...I've treated him really badly since then, but it was my fault he had to stop it. I didn't listen when he said 'no', so...it's my own fault I got hurt, I just didn't listen and now he thinks I hate him, but I don't! Really I don't! I hope I didn't hurt him too badly...hope he doesn't hate me," he finished quietly, sadly. Kayle looked at him with sad eyes, full of support. Just like Tristen would. Kayle got off his couch and sat next to Nick, putting a supportive hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry little man. These things happen for a reason...don't dwell on something that has happened which you can't change, just take it in your stride...move on, but don't rush to fast. Give it time to heal and see what happens then yeah? You'll be fine, both of you. And I'm sure he doesn't hate you, probably thinks you hate him though so...make up before you get hurt more?" he said softly and smiled again, Nick smiled back.

"Thanks..."

"No problem...?" he asked...as if for his name. He'd forgotten to introduce himself.

"Nick, sorry...Nick," he said apologetically. Kayle smiled again and stood up to look at something pinned to the notice board. Tristen chose that moment to come back into the lobby with Brian, who now looked a lot better. Nick smiled and waved. Tristen smiled and spotted his lover browsing articles and decided to sneak up on him. Carefully, he pressed himself aginst his back and said in a very deep voice,

"Excuse me sir, but I believe you are looking for moi?" Kayle spun round and smirked before kissing him gently, not caring who saw. Brian gave Nick a 'sorry' look and got one back, if more innocent. Kayle let go of Tristen and held his hand.

"Guys this is Kayle...who is almost 2 hours late," he said with a disaproving tone. The latter grin sheepishly.

"Didn't mean to be babe, I swear! I have no real excuse to why I am late but just know that I am really, really, really sorry!" he said, clearly sorry. Tristen gave him 'the look' before hugging him tightly, smiling at Nick before hugging Brian then Nick.

"He feels bad, talk to him honey...gotta go have some...fun hehehe. See you tomorrow!" he whispered, kissed him on the cheek, winked and ran out the door with his husband-to-be in tow. Brian looked at Nick who stared back...

"I'm so sorry!" they said together, then laughed.

"C'mon, lets go back upstairs...and talk," Nick said, heading for the elevator with Brian following. Help comes from the most unlikely source but it's never unwanted now is it?