- Text Size +
Chapter Four.




Nick woke to the sound of heavy breathing and snoring. He whined and realised he was in a bed. He sat bolt upright and started to panic. He looked around and saw a big built body in the bed next to his. He saw dirty blond curls all messed up and smiled. Brian. Nick was a little confused to say the least. How did he get in here? Why was he only in his boxers?

“Huh?” he asked himself and rubbed his eyes. He couldn’t remember much except feeling sick and that he couldn’t think straight. He remembered Brian and then pain struck him hard therefore he lost his vision and realization went away. He was confused. He knew for a fact that he had hit his head pretty hard coz he had a souvenir…a headache.

“Must…get…Advil!” he spoke out and got up off the bed. Nick felt bad, not only bad as in ill but bad as in guilty. He hadn’t thanked Brian, if it was Brian, for looking after him. He would do when he woke up. Just that. Nick thought no one cared enough to actually do what he had done, got him to his room and stuff. Well, what you do if you had found him out cold on the floor?

Right now, Nick wanted Advil. He slowly slumped to the kitchen thingy and rummaged around in the little bag Kevin had made up for them, supplies of band aids, plasters, painkillers and other medicines just in case. Nick finally found his Advil and took out a little white pill and placed it on the worktop. He then rummaged around in the cupboards for a glass, once he had got one he placed that next to the little pill. He opened the fridge and got out some Orange Juice and poured himself a good amount into his glass and then placed it back in the shelf and shut the fridge door. He picked up the pill and placed it on the back of tongue and drank his OJ.

“Ahhh…” Nick left half the OJ in the glass so he could drink it as he walked around. He heard Brian roll in his sleep and he smiled. He decided to go see what Brian looked like when he was sleeping because he always woke up after Brian did. As Nick rounded the corner of the door he stopped dead in his tracks.

“Wow…” The sight he saw was breath taking. Brian asleep. Lying on his back, hair ruffled up, mouth slightly open, bed sheets twisted around his legs and only in boxers. Nick was so mesmerized that he forgot the glass in his hand and dropped it, smashing all over the floor. Brian moaned and rolled over, now almost falling off the bed.

“Oh…dammit!” he cursed and was about to pick up the glass bits as Kevin’s voice rang through his head. ‘Don’t ever pick up broken glass. You’re 14 Nick, I don’t want you getting hurt. Cover it up with something and get someone older to clean it for you.’ Nick left the glass and went to get a towel out of the bathroom; he came back and covered it up. He made sure no more glass needed covering up and just as he was about to look up…‘THUD’. Brian fell off his bed and hit the floor face first. His head shot up like lightening and Nick went and sat on his own bed, laughing. Brian whined.

“Ow! Stupid floor, wasn’t supposed to introduce itself to my face *that* hard! Hell-o? Nick-y?” he dragged his accent out as he called. Nick watched as Brian slammed his hand on his bed and try to pull himself up, half asleep. He dragged his left foot and it landed with a small bang and then the other foot followed. Brian eventually got up, groaning something about how he wanted a bigger bed.

“Behind ya.” Nick said and Brian spun around so fast he almost introduced his ass to the floor this time. Nick began to laugh again but kept his gaze to the floor. He didn’t want Brian to see his face for some reason.

“There you are!” Brian said and went to his bag, got some clean clothes and went to the bathroom. Nick stayed on his bed. Brian washed up, brushed his teeth, changed and brushed his hair. Nick got up and went to walk out of the room but turned to look at Brian again. He didn’t know that Brian could see him in the mirror; he smiled.

Nick walked towards the door but jumped in shock as he trod in the towel on the floor. Brian saw him jump and went to see what was wrong. Nick looked at him shyly and blushed.

“Nick…?” he asked and raised an eyebrow.

“I dropped my glass of OJ earlier and remembered that I wasn’t to clean it up, just in case I hurt myself. So I waited for you get up but…well…I kinda forgot about when I was looking at something. Sorry.” He explained and Brian smiled, bent down and gathered all the glass up into the towel and walked into the kitchen and dropped it in the bin.

“S’ok Nicky. All done now. You might wanna go get a shower man, we gotta go out today, can’t remember where though.” Brian said as he scratched the back of his neck. Nick just stood in the bedroom doorway with a funny look on his face.

“Brian…what happened last night?” he asked and folded his arms across his chest, waiting for some sort of explanation.

“Well, you must have pass out Nick, I found you at midnight and woke you up. You were moaning and whining about how you couldn’t think straight and that your head hurt. I asked you what time you passed out and you said about 9pm so you were out cold for 3 hours dude. And I then asked if could remember who I was and you said…no. Kevin helped me get you in here and I undressed you and put you to bed…” Brian walked round to where Nick was and hugged him. Nick went ridged at the touch. Brian pulled away and smiled.

“Go get your shower now man. Don’t go being a girl either…taking hours!” Brian laughed and Nick smiled and went to find some clothes in his bag and walked to the bathroom. Brian watched him walk away; his skin was so pale and silky looking, soft. He may only be thin but Nick was cute. He was a tall 14 year old but he was sure that he would grow up to be a tanned god. Brian eyed him and thought ‘Stop it!!!!!’ as Nick vanished into the bathroom.

“Hmm.” Brian thought and looked at the door and then at the wall and back at the door. He sighed and went to open the drapes in the living area, as he pulled them across, the sunlight poured through and brightened the room up. He opened the catch on the doors and walked out onto the balcony and looked out of the city. The light breeze blew his hair and h lost himself deep in thought.

Nick let the water wash away his sleep and refresh him for the day ahead. He found the liquid soap and washed his chest and legs. He did it all over his thin body before rinsing off and finding the shampoo. He poured a small amount of his hand before lathering it in his hair. He washed it out and turned off the water before drying off. He pulled on his clean underwear and clothes, brushed his teeth and hair. His hair was still damp so he ragged it around in the towel before re-brushing it. It was so soft, like feathers. He smiled and walked out of the bathroom and dropped the towel on his bed. Looking around, he saw that Brian had opened the French windows; the nets were flying around like someone was pushing them about. Nick walked around to the balcony and saw Brian in a similar position to what he was like the night before, deep in thought.

“Bri…?” he called softly and Brian turned his head to look at Nick. He grinned and stood up.

“Yo. Ready now?” he asked softly and Nick nodded, looking out on the city below. It wasn’t as beautiful as it was in the dark. Not as peaceful.

“Ok. Let me get the keycard and put my jacket and shoes on and we’re gone buddy.” Brian said as he walked back inside with Nick not far behind. Nick smiled and took his gaze from the floor upwards, accidentally looking right as Brian’s ass. ‘Oh my god! No Nick no!’ he warned himself and walked back to his bed, got his sneakers and his light blue jacket and walked back to see Brian putting his sneakers on. Brian was wearing a white wife beater, light blue t-shirt, baggy dark blue jeans and a yellow cap and was putting white sneakers on. He tied his laces, pulled the hem of his pant legs over the sneakers and looked u at Nick who was stood like a post, staring at him.

“Dude…put your shoes on. Quick!” Nick put his sneakers on; he had practically the same as what Brian was wearing except Nick had the number 88 on the back of his t-shirt. It looked like a light blue football shirt, probably was, he didn’t know. He didn’t care what he wore because no cared what he looked like really. He tied up the laces, put his green cap on backwards and did as Brian had done with the hem of the legs. He pulled on his bright green and blue jacket and walked to the door. Brian ran around like a nutter trying to find his jacket.

“Where did I put my jacket?!” he moaned as he looked around for it. Nick smiled…it was in the floor next to his bag where he left it the other day. Couldn’t miss it, it was bright blue and yellow after all.

“It’s by your bag on the floor Bri…where you left it.” Nick simply said and Brian smiled and shot to their room and returned with a victory smile spread on his face. He put it on, grabbed the keycard and other necessaries before Nick opened the door, walked out. Brian looked around before shutting the door behind himself and waiting for the ‘click’. Once that was done, they both headed down to the lobby to meet the others. Nick was a little happy that they didn’t forget him this time and sad because he knew they were gonna ignore him again. He would be forgotten again…but someone didn’t want to leave him out on his own. Not this time.