- Text Size +
There was a disturbing sound of flesh tearing and bones crunching all around her as she glanced around a dark room. She couldn’t see one single thing. She began to scream in fear and run circles around the room, holding her ears to block out the intolerable noises

The door swung open and the light flipped on, Angel stopped in the middle of the floor and un-covered her ears. Bryon stood at the door in his boxers, “Angel?” She ran crying into his arms, “They started again, they won’t go away! They’re all around me!” He held her close to him, calming her just by his touch, “You can do it Angel, you just have to keep it together.” He looked up past her to see she had busted every mirror and window.

He sat with her till she fell asleep and went back downstairs to keep a watch out with the rest of the boys. He stepped into the kitchen, James raised his head, “It happen again?” he sighed as he asked the question. Bryon leaned against the window, “She’s getting better, “he picked up a glass and threw it, “She’s getting better dammit!”

James stood up and put a hand on his shoulder, “Maybe we should take to that hospital just for a little while longer, she might get better.” He shook his hand from his shoulder, “She doesn’t belong in there, she’s not crazy!” James got in his face, “Look Bryon! She’s got a problem! She’s gonna bust us with all her screamin’ and yellin’! And I’m not gonna let this operation go to shit, so take care of it!”

Bryon took a deep breath to keep from fighting back and walked away. James sat back down at the table weighing and packaging his “product”. Bryon fell asleep on the couch by the window, trying to keep watch.

He woke at dawn from Angel screaming, he ran to the hall and saw her sitting, cutting off all of her hair and eyebrows. He ran up and pulled the scissors from her hands, “Angel! Stop it, what the hell do you think you’re doing?!” She was crying holding onto her legs, “Get the worms out of my hair! Please!”

He pulled her to her feet and picked her up, carrying her back to the room. He sat on the bed with her in his arms, “Come on Angel, you can do it, I know you can get better.” She looked up at him crying, “Bryon. Do you love me?” He smiled at her sweetly and brushed the side of her face softly with his hand.

“Of course I do.” She shook her head, “Then why don’t you ever really say it?” He kissed her softly, “I love you.” She smiled and laughed, “No you don’t!” She pushed him away and grabbed the gun from his pants. She lifted it up and pointed it at him, “You fucked around while I was in that shithole didn’t you! Didn’t you!” He stood up shaking and backed away, “N-No.” She smiled again, but evilly, “You’re the only thing that drives me crazy!” Her eyes moved to the door and then back to Bryon.

“Is she the one you’ve been fucking?!” He looked over, there was no one there, “Angel, sweetie there’s no one there!” She shook her head, “You’re lying, you just want me to think I’m crazy! I’m not dammit!” She was about to pull the trigger, he jumped forward to stop her and had her pinned to the bed. The gun turned and went off, hitting Angel right in the stomach.

Bryon’s eyes filled with tears as her blood began to spill onto the bed, she shook and began to cry, “Oh my god! Bryon I didn’t mean to…” He held her close, “I was just trying to stop you from hurting anyone.” She took a breath, “Don’t worry Bryon, I’m nothing anyway. But I do love you.” He kissed her, “I love you too.” She smiled, “I know.” Her eyes closed and her whole body fell loose. He held her in his arms and cried. Seeing only one way out, he lifted the gun into his mouth and pulled the trigger.