- Text Size +
** Flashback***


“ I love you Sara.” He whispered in her ear.
“ And I love you Matthew. I wish you’d understand that I can’t stay. It’s to much.”
“ But that would mean I’d never see Emma again.”
“ She’s never been yours to begin with, so why care now?” Sara asked looking into his dark eyes. Something inside of his eyes always made her nearly melt. She cared deeply for him but hated him the same. Something inside of her told her that he was wrong for her, and the child she carried. Something about him screamed death.
“ Please, let me be part of the child’s life. That child is as much mine as it is yours.”
“ More mine. Matthew please understand.” Sara said touching his face. He looked into her deep blue eyes and nodded. He knew keeping her there would mean her death as well as his own. She’d rather kill herself than be around him anymore. He knew that she was slowly beginning to see threw the wall he had put up to keep her thoughts from his own. The longer she stayed around the more she’d break threw the wall. Sara kissed his lips once more before taking little Emma’s hand and picking up the bag she had packed and headed towards the cab that waited. Sara turned one last time to look at him and then looked away.


** End Flashback ***

Sara knew that Daniel and Emma would never forgive her if they found out that she was their mother, she’d loved them like her own children and they felt that connection but would they ever find the truth out.

Daniel sat up suddenly in bed, his breathing coming in short gasps. Emma hurried into the room and pulled the smaller boy into her arms. She could feel he was shaking.
“ I felt my mother.” Daniel said looking at Emma. She had felt the same thing, had been feeling it more and more since they had arrived at the house. The house seemed so familiar to her when they arrived but decided it wasn’t best to question Sara when she was as agitated as she was.
“ It’s time we talk to Sara.” Emma said leading Daniel from the room. Sara knocked on the office door to find Sara sitting right where she had been earlier. Sara looked up at them, her eyes red and puffy from crying. She knew why they had come to her, it was time for her to face the truth. But in facing it would she lose the only two people that loved her?

“ Tell us who are parents are.” Daniel said sitting down across from her. Sara looked at him and then looked towards the floor.
“ It’s hard to explain.” Sara started.
“ Can’t be that hard. I don’t remember any thing of my parents.” Daniel said.
“ I barely remember anything and I do remember always seeing you.”
“ Emma, you are my daughter. I know that all this time I’ve told you that I was just your guardian but it’s not true, I had you when I was only 14 years old. I was only a child myself. And when I found out that you had gained some of my powers I knew I could never give you up.”
“ I knew we were close. Why didn’t you just tell me?” Emma asked, Sara could hear the betrayal in her voice.
“ It was safer this way. Matthew couldn’t find you if he thought you were just a child that had been left to me.”
“ And me? Was I just a child left to you?” Daniel asked, his voice laced with anger.
“ No, your mine and Matthews child. I feared what Matthew would do to you so I ran, I took Emma and left him.”
“ Were you ever married?”
“ No, Matthew is an evil man, he’s stalked us for many years and I’ve tried my best to keep you both safe, and keep those that have come to me safe. But he’s found some way to track us. I don’t know if he’s been drawn to you Daniel or if he’s just found my hiding places.” Sara said tears streaming down her ashen cheeks. Daniel was angry, she could see that in his dark eyes, she could almost see flashes of his powers seep threw his eyes. She knew that his emotions controlled most of his powers and angering him was going to make them far worse. Emma seemed calmer, almost as if she’d known for ages that Sara was her mother and not just a friend. But Daniel, he’d always been raised to think Sara was just his teacher and protector. Not that she was his birth mother, the person that gave him his powers the person that gave him life.
“ Why?” Daniel said suddenly.
“ Why what?”
“ Why the lies? Why all this time make us think that you’re just our protector our teacher?”
“ It was safer that way. When you were younger you were able to attend a regular school, I told them I was your guardian and they seemed to understand that at the schools but when your powers began to show I had to leave and take you both into hiding, I’ve wanted to tell you for a long time. But I felt it would destroy what we’d already made as a family. And as I see it has. And Matthew has won.” Sara said standing and leaving the two young adults standing. Not many questions answered and so many more to ask. If they had gained their powers from her, what else could she do, what other powers could they have that hadn’t yet developed. They needed to know this or they’d be lost to Matthew forever. Emma hurried out of the room and began looking for Sara, knowing many of Sara’s powers and her will to be left alone when she was upset she knew she needed to open her mind to find Sara’s now troubled one.
“ Help me find her.”
“ Why? She’s lied to us for most of our lives.” Daniel spat.
“ But she’s kept us safe. She’s always been around. And in some ways I’ve always known that we truly were a family.”
“ I don’t care. I hate her.” Daniel spat heading up the stairs and slamming his room door. Sara’s cries could be heard threw out the house as if they were coming from the walls themselves. Emma hurried to calm Daniel knowing that his emotions now effected Sara’s. If Sara wasn’t calmed whom ever was hunting them would surely find them.


Sara sat in the dark room, her own mind slipping between Daniel’s harsh words and her own betrayal of her own children. She knew that Matthew would surely find them now and with the pain she was feeling she knew she couldn’t protect them.
“ What have I done?” Sara asked into the darkness.
“ Finally admitted the truth.” Emma answered.
“ Yes but at what cost? The loss of both my children? Because I wanted to keep them safe?” Sara asked.
“ Sometimes you do what is needed when times are rough.”
“ I guess, but he hates me.” Sara said.
“ No mother I don’t.” Daniel said. “ I was just angry that you couldn’t admit this to us sooner. I don’t hate you.” He said moving into the dark room.