- Text Size +
Prologue:

NICK

Obsession. It’s a funny word. It just has so many meanings. Some fans are obsessed on a conventional level, some on a more unbalanced level, but others–and there a only a few of these–on a personal level.

What I mean is simple. A normal obsession would be a fan going to concerts, buying merchandise, and trying to meet us. A fan with a couple of more screws loose might sneak into a dressing room or hotel; attack bodyguards or rip A.J.’s earring out.

But then there are the fans who get personal. There are levels in that too. The first level would be innocent stalking. The next– violent stalking. I would guess the next up is kidnaping Brian’s dogs. But way up above that--in it’s own little world–is kidnaping the actual celebrity. And yet, still above that, is wanting to preserve that celebrity in an unhealthy way. That includes stalking said celebrities and their friends and family and kidnaping said celebrity. It also includes just about anything from video tapes to blood.

As I said–Obsession. It’s a funny word. To some who have been on the receiving end of it, they might say it’s a form of mental illness.

I would have to concur. Obsession is scary. Obsession is demented.

It can even be fatal.