- Text Size +
Carpe Diem!

First Chapter Farewell Narrated by: Nick’s Kidnaper



I was the only one who saw A.J. twisting at his shirt. He thought no one saw. But I did. I always see. It’s foolish of anyone to doubt my abilities.

For the first couple of years after I paid that dumb maid to snag his blankie, I watched him twist his shirt the way he used to twist that blanket. I was disappointed when he stopped. He stopped because he became famous, and famous people don’t twist their shirts.

There are times when I like the famous Backstreet Boys better and there are times when I like the non-famous Backstreet Boys better. It’s not by much, I saw both sides.

Of course, it was easier then. That was before they kicked me out of their lives. Watching them everyday was simpler. They didn’t question me when I snapped pictures or took out the video cameras. Now I have to hide myself. I hate it.

I have four hidden cameras placed around the room in which I keep Nick. I loved his expression when he pulled the blankie from the bags I held it in for all those years. I did that to keep it fresh. I wanted it to smell like A.J..

I know what I’m doing.

What was better though, was watching Nick sleep. That blankie grasped in his arms like it was his salvation.

He hasn’t cried yet. I expected him to break sooner.

I guess I need to work a little harder. Breaking him makes my job so much easier.

Then maybe he’ll understand why I’m doing this. I won’t confront him yet. I’ll just drop the food off while he’s sleeping a little longer. I’ll know when to talk to him.

These things take time.

I know what I’m doing.