- Text Size +
Shannon sat down behind the mediocre desk. She turned her blue eyes upwards toward her friend and sighed.
“ I guess an explanation is at hand.”
“ Yes that would be a good thing.” Leo said sitting down next to her. Shannon wasn’t sure how she was going to explain what she’d done let alone why she’d kept such a thing hidden from her friend and why no one on Castia knew about it.
“ It seems that a lot of things that have been hidden in my life are slowly coming to the surface.”
“ Yeah that it seems.” Leo said looking at her.
“ Things have always been different for anyone living on Seledona. We were always keeping the peace but still staying hidden from the rest of the population of Castia. But when the earthlings came it seemed that our planet was different. It was something more beautiful than we had ever imagined. We listened to the earthlings speak of how our people, Seledonans and Castians alike, it was as if we had become more than we were. But we held a dark secret.”
“ What kind?”
“ Seledonans came to this planet first over 5000 years ago. When the others began to arrive we kept our powers or gifts as father calls them a secret. We had made new friends and didn’t want to frighten them already.”
“ But why keep the secret so long?”
“ Because when the earthlings arrived we thought they’d exploit our powers and everyone would want us to be able to save their loved ones from certain death. Our gifts don’t work that way.”
“ But keeping this a secret for so long this must have drove you insane.”
“ Why do you think I left?” Shannon asked. “ I left because I couldn’t handle the secret anymore I couldn’t handle the lies we told our people, the lies we told ourselves.”
“ You never told me and I never asked. That’s not considered a lie.”
“ I was lying to myself. Telling myself I could run from who I was.. But it seemed after I got shot it proved to me that I can’t hide from my true self so here I am. I am here proving to my father and all of my people that I am not a fraud and I am here to be the princess and ruler they wanted. “
“ So that explains why the others looked strangely while those that have lived on this island bowed down to you.”
“ Many thought I left because the power ended with my brother, that I couldn’t the their ruler because of that. But I showed them today it didn’t. I think even Daniel was surprised.”
“ A lot of them were surprised.”
“ Our kind seemed to have forgotten their heritage and seem to have forgotten about their powers. By me using mine it will show all those on this island that we are as powerful as any on Celina. All of the people living here all have powers. They just need to learn to tap into them.”
“ Even me?” Leo asked.
“ Even you my friend. But that can wait. It’s late and we must rest. The earthlings wont hide forever.” Shannon said. Leo nodded and stood and left the tent. Shannon smiled. Her friend would soon learn that he has powers deep within him, powers that even rival her own.