- Text Size +
Shannon’s anger began to flow to the surface, she could hardly believe that standing right here before her was the man she loved with all her heart and he was telling her that her destiny was written before she was born. That her birth was that of gods, the gods that had abandoned their people years before.
“ Wasn’t your intention? So basically Daniel was sent here just to keep my attention and for him to report to you daily?” She growled.
“ No, Daniel was one of our own, is one of our own.”
“ Then stop speaking through him and show yourselves. Show me who are the ones that created me, created this very war.” Shannon shouted. Leo watched from his distance wondering what was being shouted about. Shannon looked angry and then in a sudden flash both Shannon and Daniel disappeared.

Shannon shielded her eyes from the blinding light and then felt as if she had suddenly reappeared somewhere else.
“ Where am I?”
“ You wanted to speak to them.” Daniel said. Shannon looked at him and then looked around. The room was seemingly calm with white walls, it wasn’t as she had expected, seeing the gods of her world. They were dressed in long flowing robes. Many looked no older than she herself was, all different in size and stature. Each baring something similar with those that inhabited the planet below.
“ Tell me why I was chosen?”
“ You were chosen from all those that are on the planet to be the savior. To be the one person to show the people the way to return to the love, the purity and peace to the world.”
“ Not likely.”
“ The peace has already started to come together. But your brothers have seen to start a war between the people of this planet and the earthlings that have been here for over a hundred years. We’ve taken them into our world and into our hearts yet they seem to think this world is theirs for the taking.”
“ They have a right to feel that way. Our people have treated them like outsiders. Why did you all wonder why I strayed away from my family, away from all that I was to do.”
“ You’ve been away to long. We understand the earthlings, the newcomers are what we have seen to be the threat. The new ones that have come from some place other than earth.”
“ Who? Who would have brought them to our planet?”
“ You already know that answer. “ One said looking at her. She looked at the tall woman with the golden wings.
“ My brothers.” She growled.
“ Yes, they wish to rule without bounds and without the watchful eye of the gods.”
“ And what of my destiny? What am I supposed to do?”
“ Bring their rule to an end.”
“ To bring it to an end would mean ending their existence I am unsure if I can do that.”
“ Then you must find the truth within yourself to find a way to stop them before they rule the world and destroy all that that you have tried to keep pure and free.”
“ I need time.”
“ Then time you shall have.”
“ But what of Daniel. We were to be married?”
“ Once you have found yourself again he shall return to your side and a marriage shall be done.”
“ But until that time I am to make my choice? See where this may lead?” She asked.
“ Yes.”
“ And of the war? If I make the wrong choice the people of Castia will die because of me.”
“ Time will remain as it is. Until the time you return here to tell us what choice you’ve made. Until that time you will go to a far distant planet to make that choice.”
“ And I have one more thing to ask.”
“ What is it?”
“ Are my parents really my parents.”
“ No.” Two gods said. Both wore large crowns and walked towards her.
“ You are our daughter. The powers within you are ours gifts from us both. You are the hope, faith and love of both of us and the entire planet. Make your choice wisely my child.”
“ I will.” Shannon said before she disappeared.