- Text Size +
Vader was fuming but he wanted to find Maul and make him explain why he had done what he did. Why he had attacked Sasha in such a cruel manor. Nathaniel wasn’t sure what Vader would do once he had found Maul and Jahda.
“ I do know that Lord Maul returned to his quarters about twenty minuets ago.”
“ Then that is where I am headed.” Vader said as he walked quickly down the hallway towards Maul’s quarters. Waiting outside the room finally he moved his hand and the door slid opened.
“ What are you doing?”
“ Entering.” Vader growled. Jahda moved forward only to be thrown back against the far wall. Maul growled and pulled his saber.
“ You’ve hurt my lady for the last time.” Maul shouted.
“ And you’ve made your last threat.” Vader said standing ready to fight. “ I found Lady Vader. And I know what you did. Do you think that I’d allow it to pass lightly? She is one with me, the pain I feel she feels, the anger, sadness and fear.” Vader said.
“ She doesn’t fear me.”
“ She does fear you. I felt her fear, I’ve never felt someone’s emotions so clearly as I did hers. What you did to her will never happen again. I shall see to that myself.”
“ You are not strong enough to take on me.” Maul said laughing at the younger man.
“ I am stronger than you think Lord Maul. I’ve taken on better. And have ruled by the side of my master because of it. I am far stronger than you.” Vader growled.
“ I will teach you the respect that your former master did not. You shall bow down before my power.” Maul shouted. Vader ignited his saber and moved back to give the two of them room to fight. Jahda slowly stood and ignited her own saber.
“ I’d stay out of this milady unless you’d rather die.” Nathaniel said moving into the small room. He watched as Maul and Vader moved into the hallway. Vader waited until Nathaniel had stepped clear of the door before waving his hand and watching it close.
“ Now this is between us.” Vader said with an evil look in his deep blue eyes. Rarely if ever did Nathaniel since arriving had he seen his brother’s true eyes. Vader’s eyes flashed with anger as he looked at the supposed dead sith lord.
“ I will make you pay for all that you’ve caused.”
“ Caring for someone like Sasha will be your undoing Skywalker. You will die because of your love for her.”
“ My love for her has kept me alive, kept me sane after the loss of Padme.”
“ You’re a fool to think she loves you. She only loves your power.” Maul said circling the younger man.
“ That is what Jahda loves about you Maul, the power that you hold that enhances her own. Sasha has her own power why would she need mine? She is the dark side she is the force just as I am.” Vader shouted. He knew that at this point Maul was trying to shake the trust and bond he had formed with Sasha, but like Obi Wan did with his Padme he would not forsake this one as he did the last. He would not watch her death and be aware that it was his own doing. He had nearly destroyed himself at the thought that Padme’s death had been his fault that his own anger had blinded him to the truth. But facing his master once more was something he wanted to do, something he needed to do. But first he would deal with Maul. Nathaniel had ignited his own saber and was standing at his brother’s side.
“ We do this together. Maul will be done with once and for all.” Nathaniel said.
“ I wish to do this myself.” Vader said turning to his brother, he knew that Nathaniel had barely any experience at being a master of the force and taking on a sith lord of Maul’s training would take more than Nathaniel had.
“ I will be at your side.” Nathaniel insisted. Maul enjoyed watching the two brothers bicker. He wanted them distracted while he attacked. Vader anticipated his attack and blocked it.
“ Do you really think I’d forget you?” Vader asked. Maul just smiled evilly at him as he attacked again.
“ Not entirely but I figured your dear brother would prove a rather nice distraction.”
“ I have my ways of knowing things Maul, you were never really a good fighter.” Vader said. His blue eyes changing color, now they matched Maul’s eyes. Nathaniel was surprised when Maul turned to him.
“ If you wish to join this fight then you best fight.” He said attacking Nathaniel. Nathaniel blocked Maul’s move but paid a high price as the blade sliced across his arm. Hissing he backed up away from Maul. Vader growled and attacked Maul, their blades hitting in a loud hissing. The sabers hit sending blinding light through the corridor, Nathaniel covered his eyes before he too joined the fight once again. Maul’s double sided blade seemed to keep the two brothers occupied while he tried to devise a way to keep himself from being killed. Vader pinned the older Sith Lord to the far wall and smiled evilly.
“ I could end your sorry excuse for a life right here.” He said with a smile. “ But I’d rather have Emperor Palpatine deal with your actions. Tell me Lord Maul, what will he do once he’s found you’ve assaulted his niece once again. Will he allow me to kill his former apprentice or shall I just end your sorry existence right here and now.” Vader said holding his saber closer to Maul’s throat.
“ Are you so sure that Emperor Palpatine didn’t order me to do what I did?” Maul asked. He knew that doubt was one thing that was Vader’s weakness. Something he could play on.
“ He would never order that.” Vader hissed holding the saber closer.
“ Are you so sure?” Maul asked.
“ I am.” Nathaniel said.
“ How?” Maul asked looking towards the Nathaniel.
“ Because I was with the Emperor when Sasha was attacked, so I know he did not order it.” He said. Vader growled and slashed his saber blade across Maul’s cheek, Maul howled in pain and looked at Vader.
“ Test my patience Maul and it will be the last time.”
“ Don’t threaten me boy.” Maul growled. Vader grabbed Maul by the arm and shoved him forward.
“ Move, or I’ll leave parts of your body laying here in the hall for your Lordess to find.” Vader said as he made Maul move forward. Maul growled but walked forward none the less. He would bide his time till he could extract his revenge on both Sasha and Vader. Revenge would be sweet for him.