- Text Size +
Sasha walked into a large control room and each of the men dressed in red seemed to stand at a attention.
“ What are your orders?” One asked.
“Ready for battle.” She announced. She turned and looked out the large view screen and could see several star cruisers that were headed their way.
“ Are those part of the rebellion?”
“ Yes Commander it seems they are.”
“ How do they know we are here?”
“ Someone within our ranks has been spying for them.” Sasha said looking around the room. Each of the men looked towards the floor and went about their duties, none dared look her in the eyes.
Palpatine moved slowly into the room and watched Sasha’s movements and knew that those that were there feared her.
“ Master.” Sasha said bowing slightly to her uncle.
“ What news do you have Lady Vader?”
“ There are three Rebel attack cruisers and it seems several fighters.” She said looking back towards the screen. “ They have yet to pin point our location but it’s only a matter of time. Are we ready?”
“ I have yet to hear from Lord Vader. But soon my dear.” He said sitting down in his chair. Sasha stood at his side, she had yet to understand her uncle’s craving for power, but she loved the feel of someone’s fear and that power as it coursed through her vanes. She turned her eyes to the door to see Nathaniel entering the room, a little bruised but nothing a few days of rest wouldn’t fix. Sparing with Vader was hard on any man even those that were there to train with him.
“ What is your news young apprentice?”
“ Vader has readied several fighters and is ready to deploy master.”
“ Then send the word Lady Vader. We fight now.” Palpatine said, Sasha nodded and looked around the room.
“ Open flight bays and prepare to launch.”
“ Yes ma’am.” One said. “ Opening bay One.”
“ Opening Bay two.”
“ Opening bay three. All is ready.”
“ Launch.” Sasha said. She could feel Vader’s touch against her own mind as his fighter launched into space. This would be the first time since her binding with him that he’d ever been away from her.
“ This will be a short battle my dear.” Palpatine said as he watched. The battle seemed to begin once the cruisers noticed the fighters headed their way. She watched as the Imperial crafts seemed to flow perfectly across the laser filled sky. She knew which craft held Vader but what surprised her was that Maul had joined the fight. His own cruiser seemed to aim right for Vader.
~ Don’t even think about it Maul. I’ve got all the ships guns on your ship. You fire at him and I destroy you.~ Sasha said telepathically. She watched the ship move away and take aim at several rebel ships.
“ Well done.” Palpatine said as Jahda entered the bridge area.
“ Thank you master.” Jahda said moving to his right side. Sasha turned to see what Palpatine was talking about when she saw Jahda at his side.
“ Well done? What for?”
“ Maul was always one of my best fighters and being in battle will be good for him.”
“ This is true. But be warned master if he fires at Vader I will destroy him.”
“ Duly noted.” Palpatine said. Jahda didn’t seem to like Sasha’s attitude and even more so didn’t like the fact that Palpatine was doing nothing to detour the young woman’s vengeance towards her Maul. She’d take care of that in her own time