- Text Size +
Nick stuck his tongue out; as he watched his offending duvet lying limply in Kevin?' arms and being dragged out of his room to Kevin's. He flopped back on to his bed; and lay flat on his back closing his eyes tightly. He stayed like that for perhaps a minute before the discomfort of the situation suddenly hit him. Nick was cold; after all the distress trying to get rid of his duvet; he suddenly missed it's presence in his hotel-room.
He sighed uncomfortably as he imagined how lonely his duvet would be; lying on Kevin's floor, alone and cold, missing him. He stood up; Kevin had never treated inanimate objects well like Nick did; he seemed to forget that they had feeling too.
Think Nick; Think Nick. You need a plan; nothing works unless there's a plan. Well actually; his mind drifted to all the times he had managed to do things unplanned for a while. Where was I? ; he backtracked his thoughts; O yeh? a plan. I could just go and knock on Kevin's door and ask for it back, but Kev can be a bit scary...especially at night time. HEY! He's only sleeping next door; I can sneak in to his room and steal it.
(For those of you who are new to the world of Nick Carter; sneak + Nick = system error.)

He walked over to the window and looked outside, a tree; how perfect and strangely coincidental. He climbed on to his windowsill and gazed at the distance from his window to the tree, then closed his eyes and jumped. He bit back a scream as the branch began to wobble under his weight and he looked ruefully down at the ground some three stories beneath him. You'd better appreciate this he thought to his duvet. He scrambled up his branch so that he could be nearer the tree trunk, where the branch was sturdier.
Why the hell; do the Backstreet Boys have a climbable tree outside their room? I'm definitely going to complain tomorrow morning.

He couldn't crawl all the way to Kevin's window because it was much too weak; maybe a 'Quit-Playing-Games' Nick could have managed it; but certainly not an 'Incomplete' Nick.
I'm going to need to fly to be able to get to Kevin's room; damn. Why am I in the Backstreet Boys? If I were in Westlife, I could have flown without wings. Maybe I should just go back.

And then, he saw it; his duvet sprawled across a chair, one end over the open window and the other lying on the floor and his heart went out to it. How could he abandon something so precious? He gritted his teeth and crawled along the branch. What if I fall? You won't fall Nick. What if the branch breaks? The branch won't break Nick; stop being so pessimistic. What if- STOP IT! Do you want to save your duvet or not?
He paused mid-way; did he just have a conversation with himself in his head? He looked up at the open window and saw his duvet reaching out for him and his eyes brightened up suddenly; it was so close. He crawled ridiculously fast along the thinning branch and scrambled in through the window.

He fell on top of his duvet making a loud clatter as his head bumped in to the chair
'What was that?' Kevin asked sitting upright on his bed
Nick coughed nervously 'It's-just-me-Kevin-no-need-to-worry-I-was-getting-lonely-next-door-so-I-decided-to-come-in-and- get-my-duvet-yeh?'
Kevin stared at him blankly; what the hell was the boy saying?
'So-I'll-be-leaving-now-and-let-you-go-back-to-sleep-yeh-Kev?'
Kevin shook his head and lay back down. That Nick had always been a weird one anyway.

Nick opened the door to Kevin's room, and stepped out in to the corridor.
'Duvet dude; I seriously missed you' he said cuddling the duvet. Nick and his duvet stood in the corridor for a moment hugging as if though they hadn't seen each other for millennia.
'C'mon; let's go back to bed' said Nick walking back to his door and then stopping and closing his eyes
'CRAP'

I could go back to Kevin and get his key; damnit Nick; you're so remarkably dense sometimes; you can't wake Kevin up AGAIN; remember he's scary. Stupid Nick. HEY! Don't call me stupid. You are. So are you then. I'm not denying it am I? STUPID. stupid. You're stupid. So are you. Shut up. No you. NO IT'S MY BRAIN; YOU SHUT UP. Well actually it's MY brain. Wer- th-fer? No I'm confused too now.
Nick sighed. Sometimes his brain could be such a headache. He spread the duvet out on to the floor outside his door and lay across it; covering himself with the other half. It wouldn't be too long till the morning; and now that he had his duvet for company; he wouldn't be cold or lonely. So much for the plan he thought to himself as he closed his eyes.

'Check it out'
'What?s he doing?'
'Sleeping I guess'
'Weirdo'
'I wonder what was wrong with his room that made his resort to the corridor'
'Good Question'
'Should we ask him?'
'It'd be kinda mean'
'Yeh; I suppose, he looks like an angel when he sleeps'
'Little Nicky'
Brian and Howie grinned at each other
'NICK'

Nick jerked away and sat upright bashing his head with Brian's.
'OUCH! Nick! DUDE! What was that for?' Brian shouted falling back on the floor
'Sorry Bri; what are you doing in my room so early in the morning? What happened?' Nick asked
Howie sniggered. There it was again; that annoying Howie snigger that made Nick's blood boil.
'WHAT?' he yelled at him
'We just wanted to know; why your sleeping in the hallway' said Howie smothering a bout of laughter
Nick looked around him; this was definitely not his room; and he couldn't for the life of him work out why he wasn't in his room. Brian was staring at him in amusement and Howie had burst in to gales of laughter. He felt his cheeks begin to burn. Why was he always caught doing stupid stuff?