- Text Size +
15



One Night with Paris






I think I’m in love. I mean I know I tend to jump the gun with these things but man, this is different, I can tell. I have that tingly feeling in my butt, it sounds strange and I would never openly say something like that to anyone, but when I know I have just found the perfect person for me whether it is a new friend or Mrs. Right, my butt gets all tingly like it’s fallen asleep.



Boy was my butt tingling up a storm last night, from the second we started talking on the phone we just hit it off. I didn’t even feel uncomfortable like the way I usually do when I first meet a girl, especially a famous one. She just had this way of making me feel instantly at ease.



We talked for about an hour before she invited me out to a club with her and some of her friends. I should have gone back to the hotel to change at least because I wasn’t really dressed for club hopping but when she saw me she said I looked perfect just the way I was.



She had the most beautiful smile I have ever seen, I mean seriously her smile can make me melt.



“Heeheehee”



“What the hell?” I closed my eyes, my GOD did I just giggle like a little girl?



“Nick why are you giggling like a little girl?” Okay Kevin just answered my question.



“Sorry, just thinking of something humorous.”



“Well unless you are going to let us all know, shut the heck up, I’m trying to listen to Brian.”



We were sitting in the control room as Brian started singing the song Money. We decided to just sing a few covers to get us started, try to bring our levels to where they were before our break yada yada yada.



Anyway…



So at the club we kind of just sat down and looked into each others eyes and there was something there. It’s so hard to explain, but I felt like I have known this girl forever! We didn’t even have to say very much to each other, all we did was smile knowingly. Then she grabbed my hand and we danced. It was like everything just disappeared and it was only the two of us. The club was packed, even the VIP area we were in, but yet as she whispered into my ear, it was as if we were alone in the room.



“I like you.” She said to me as she licked my neck and gave me goose bumps.



She likes me! She really really likes ME!



“Nick?” I looked over at AJ who was laughing at me I’m pretty sure.



“Yeah?”



“What the hell has gotten into you?”



“Huh?”



“You look like you’re either drunk off your ass or insane.”



I looked at Kevin and Howie who were both very focused on what Brian was doing and then grabbed AJ’s arm and walked out of the room. “I think I’m in love AJ!”



“What?”



“Paris and I went out last night, I called her like you said I should and we went to a club and hit it off.”



“Wow man, I have to admit I never thought you’d actually have the balls to call her.”



“AJ she is the most magnificent woman I have ever met. Just everything about her is perfect!”



“Wow dude, you’ve got it bad.” He smiled; I could tell this was amusing him greatly.



“This is the real thing AJ, I can tell.”



“Slow down there buckaroo, you just met her.”



“I know, but there was this weird chemistry there. Anyway I’m seeing her again tonight. We are doing dinner, the whole nine yards this time.”



“I’m happy for you man, just take things slow okay?”



“Yeah, okay.”



I sighed and smiled just thinking back to last night. We talked, we danced, we kissed, we…well we did it all and let’s leave it at that. Kevin walked out of the room and sneered at us, “You are up next Nick.”



“Okay.” I walked over to him and grabbed him into a huge hug as I walked past him and into the booth.



~*~*~*~*~*~*




I am worried about Nick. I think he may be doing drugs or something. His behavior today has been so odd, not that it isn’t always a tad bit on the odd side but today he was just weird. I can’t believe he stayed out all night knowing that today was our first day in the studio. A queasy feeling hit my stomach when I realized that maybe my gut was right all along and that he wasn’t going to take this comeback seriously.



“Kevin!” I was nudged by Howie which caused me to look over his way.



“What?”



“Are you okay man? Nick has been trying to get your attention for at least a minute in there.”



I glanced at the glass where Nick was smiling as he tapped at his headphones so I adjusted the sound in them and he nodded and gave me a thumb’s up. I picked up the microphone, “Okay Nick, try it again.”



“Okie dokie smokey!”



Howie laughed, “Sometimes I wonder about that child.”



“Sometimes?”



I started plugging the instrumental through the headphones and within seconds Nick was singing. I thought for sure he would sound off due to lack of sleep but actually he sounded pretty amazing, I even had to smile.



“Wow! He should stay up all night more often.” I nodded at Howie who had this ‘I’m really impressed’ look on his face.



“How was that?” Nick asked after he was done singing his part.



“Sounded great Nicky.”



“Woohoo!” We both laughed at that. The boy was in a great mood but I was curious as to why. Not that I wasn’t happy he was happy but, call me crazy when it came to Nick I worried. Have I mentioned?



“Wow he is on today isn’t he?” My cousin said from behind me as he took a seat.



“Yup…” I placed my hand on Howie’s shoulder, “Okay buddy you’re up.”



“Alrighty.”



Nick came out of the booth just as Howie was going in. He grabbed a donut and came and sat next to me, whistling the entire time.



“You seem to be in a very good mood.” I said as once again I began to cough my lungs up.



“Who wouldn’t be? I mean we are finally back in the studio Kev, right where I’ve been dying to be for months now.” Instantly I felt bad for doubting him.



“True, but you seem extra giddy.”



“Eh, I had a great night last night.” He didn’t elaborate and I didn’t ask. We just sat there and listened to Howie sing his parts on the song, as Nick hummed in the background.



~*~*~*~*~*~




I held the headphones up to my ear with one dangling off just like the old days. I hated wearing both phones on my head at once. There was something about being able to hear the emptiness of the room that I liked, because it reminded me of everything I loved about music for some reason.



Even though I hated this song, I didn’t object to us singing it. What’s funny is they started calling it my theme song for some reason. Trump junior suddenly became my nickname every since my call with my brother. They said soon I’d be a mogul just like the Donald himself and then they could all retire and live off of my money.



I know it’s sad that it seems like my life suddenly revolves around money considering out of all of us, minus Nick I guess, my family was the poorest of us all. I don’t think Kevin or Brian’s families ever had to worry about money the way that AJ, Nicky’s and mine had too. There were many days we weren’t sure how we were going to pay all our bills and manage to keep a roof over our heads. My father worked as hard as he could but with as many kids that were in my family, it was almost impossible to keep our heads above water so now that I was suddenly able to financially support them all, I just kind of got the knack of working with and understanding money.



As for that new nickname, I’m not sure I like it that much. Donald Trump is an exceptional business man but when it comes to being a person, I’m not sure if it’s being totally complimentary calling me Trump junior even though I know they mean it in that financial sense.



My thoughts are all over the place, why is that?



“Okay Howie are you ready?” Maybe that’s why I am thinking all of these random things because I wasn’t feeling ready. I started rubbing at my sweaty palms, actually I was terrified for some reason.



“Howie?”



“Uh…yes, sorry.”



“Everything okay D?”



“Yeah,” Don’t mind me just having a mini panic attack.



“You sure?”



“Yes Kevin, just go ahead and roll it.”



I took a few deep breaths and by the time I heard the first few chords I had managed to calm myself down. I looked up through the glass which separated me from the rest of the guys and smiled at them as they listened intently. This is the part that needs to change for me, I need to realize that I have just as much talent as they do but yet whenever we are in the studio I feel like I don’t belong.



Nick looked over at me and winked so I smiled in return. It’s not like they did anything to make me feel this way, I know it’s more of a ‘me’ thing than a ‘them’ thing but still, I needed to feel differently when it came to this whole process.



When I was done I took off my headphones and headed back into the booth, “That was awesome Howie!” Nick said giving me a high five.



“Thanks.”



“I have a feeling we are just about back!” Brian said with an air of confidence which I wish I had.



“All riiight!” AJ added before Brian had a chance to.



“Kevy you’re up next my man.” AJ said booting Kevin from his seat and plopping down taking control of the session.



“I am going to sound like crap.”



“You always sound like crap!” He slapped Nick upside the head for saying that but we all laughed.



I suddenly felt more at ease, things were going to be different this time around, just looking at Nick and AJ taking control of the console was enough for me to realize that. We were really grown up now.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~




“Hey guys, I’m going to go run out and call Leigh real quick. I’ll be back in a few.”



I glanced over his way and smiled, “Tell her I said hello!”



“No.”



“You’re just jealous because she likes me more than you.” I loved playing around with Brian.



“You wish AJ.”



“I don’t have to wish, I know.” He shook his head and left the room. Once gone I turned to Nick knowing he would never spill the beans with the Kentucky cousins in the room.



“So tell me more about Paris.” I asked like I was some 14 year old girl in a locker room wearing braces. Not that I would know if they did those types of things or not. I mean I am assuming they do but then again when you assume it makes a…well you know how the saying goes.



Howie curiously looked over at Nick when I said that and just for an instant I wasn’t sure if I blabbered to soon, not that if I did I was going to cry or anything. “What do you want to know?” He asked a second later.



“Just about everything, for one…well is she as hot as she looks?”



“Hotter!”



“Excuse me but what the heck are you guys talking about?”



Nick looked over at Howie with this shit giggly grin, but for some reason I was the one that felt like spilling the news, “He went out with Paris last night.”



“The Hilton one?”



“Is there another one I’m unaware of besides the country?” I asked Howie of course to mock him.



He ignored me and once again addressed Nick, “You are dating Paris Hilton? When did that happen? You didn’t even know her when we went out to eat the other night.”



“She gave me her number that night so we went out last night.”



“Is that where you were all night?”



“What do you think D?” I said rolling my eyes at him.



“Hello!” We all turned around to see Kevin standing at the door not looking very happy with us.



“I have been waiting for at least five minutes trying to get your attention. I’m sure whatever you are discussing in here is intriguing but I’d very much like to record this century!”



“Sorry Kev.” Howie said apologetically.



“She is the best thing that has ever come into my life guys, seriously.”



“Paris Hilton?” I tried my hardest not to laugh at Howie’s reaction.



“Yes D, she is so awesome! She said she can’t wait to meet all of you. Apparently she’s a big fan.”



Howie gave me that look of concern I was so used to seeing on his face when he felt something was not going to go well. This look was usually followed with those very words, “this is not going to go well at all!” It looked like he wanted to say those words as our happy little blonde headed member bounced around the studio like he was a puppy in heat.



“So you are going out tonight as well?”



“Yup…D, Kevin is scowling again.” Nick waved at Kevin and gave him a thumbs up to avoid another angry confrontation.



“Oh…” Howie quickly sent the music through Kevin’s earphones and adjusted the volume controls as he began to sing.



“So what did you guys talk about last night?” Howie asked once again. It was as if Kevin had taken possession of his body.



Nick sat back on the chair and twirled it around actually saying ‘whee!’ as he did it. Good Lord the boy has it bad. “I can’t even tell you D, I mean we talked about all different things. She likes boats and dogs and stuff.” Once again Howie looked over at me and all I could manage was a shrug. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for this conversation.



“Are you sure she isn’t seeing anybody else? Wasn’t she dating someone else?”



“Howie relax…you sound like Kevin. She’s single and I’m single, we’re just having fun.”



“So you guys aren’t really a couple then right?”



“No way, I mean we just are hanging out.”



I swear to God that Howie breathed a sigh of relief to which Nick actually giggled when he heard it. “You guys worry too damn much sometimes…now excuse me, I’m going to go check my messages.” He got up, walked over to Howie and licked his cheek and then pat my head as if I was his pet poodle or something.



“This is not going to go well…” And there is was, ah I am SO good sometimes I scare myself.



“Howie, you know how the kid gets when he starts seeing someone new.”



“I know, but this one…I don’t know about this one, does Kevin know?”



“Hell no!”



“I hope this is as far as it goes, maybe after the second date they will realize they have nothing in common?”



“Maybe D but I’m not sure. I mean she seems like a nice enough girl. I mean what could possibly go wrong?”



He shrugged again just as Brian walked back into the room laughing, “What is going on with Nickolas Gene today?”



“He took some happy pills.”



“He is acting like he usually does when he is in love.” Brian said once again attempting his gay voice.



“Maybe it was you baby!” I lisped at him.



“The two of you scare me sometimes.” D said while monitoring Kevin who was not looking very happy. Within a few second Nick came bounding into the room once again whistling.



“Hey guys, will you need me right away?”



“No, I don’t think so why?”



“Because I am meeting up with an old friend for some coffee.” He gave Howie and I that grin again.



“Just be back within the hour okay?” Brian said taking a sip of his own coffee.



“Okie dokie smokie!” He grabbed Brian in a huge hug and then waved to the two of us.



“What was that all about?” Rok asked me suspiciously.



“I have a feeling you wouldn’t want to know B, let’s leave it at that.”



“Okie dokie smokie!” Howie and I laughed as Brian mocked our little heartthrob.



It was good that Nicky had found himself a little distraction and like I said, what could possibly go wrong?

End of part one....


Thanks for reading! I'll be back next Monday with the first chapter of part two of this story! :O)