- Text Size +
"Faith, guess what...?"

Faith looked up from the newspaper she was reading at Courtney who had skipped happily into her bedroom. "What is it?" She asked.

Courtney, with a huge smile on her face, sat down next to Faith on her bed. "I have good news and good news. What do you want to hear first?" She asked.

Faith rolled her eyes. "Oh, what a hard decision." She said sarcastically.

"Okay, fine Ms. Meany Pants," Courtney said, "I'll just tell you. Okay, so Craig called Rick last night."

"So?"

"So...he said that he really liked you and he would like to see you again!" Courtney said happily.

Faith on the other hand was not so excited. "Oh my gosh. He was so boring. Courtney, please don't make me go out with him anymore. My brain was turning to goo."

Courtney sighed. "Well, the other good news is that AJ seemed to really like you. I don't know if you care, but-"

"He said that?" A smile came onto Faith's face, "Really?"

"He was talking all about how great you were when he came over the other day." Courtney smiled, "Faithy...you didn't like him did you?"

Faith nodded as she said, "We got along well. I guess that I did like him."

"Opposites attract, I guess," Courtney said with a shrug.

"Hey, give him my number, okay? Well...only if he asks for it. Don't just give it to him for no reason."

Courtney rolled her eyes and said, "You sound like you're in the eighth grade. Besides, Rick already gave it to him. He's probably going to call you soon."

"Okay, that's good then. I hope he calls. I'd like to go out with him sometime. He was sweet." Faith said dreamily.

Courtney raised her eyebrows. "Faith, I hate to burst your bubble, but AJ McLean is not sweet. He's a player and he knows it. Didn't you see him sucking faces with Brittney Diel before you got there? He didn't even know her." She explained.

"Well he was sweet to me," Faith insisted, "And all guys have that 'player' side to them. I'm sure that Rick, at one time or another, was 'sucking faces' with girls he didn't know at his frat parties."

"Whatever," Courtney said, "Rick isn't like that. He's a nice guy. You'll learn the hard way that AJ McLean is not."