- Text Size +
Chapter 11


Nick pulled on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt before walking over to his bed and slumping down. He grabbed the TV remote and flipped it on; he scanned through the stations, trying to find something to watch. Resting his head back against the headboard he sighed, his visit with his Sister had been nice, basically uneventful. His Mom had come out at one point and proceeded to make small talk; it was strangely uncomfortable and somehow amusing at the same time. She didn’t hang around too long before making up some excuse to get away. He recognized it from years of avoiding subjects and things she didn’t feel was worth her time or energy. Things with his Mom and him had been rocky for some time, and it was like, been there done that. But his Sister was having a hell of a time and sometimes his Mom could be a bit overwhelming, he felt bad for her, for all of them. He hadn’t seen his Dad in a while, he had to get over there and see Aaron and Angel at some point, see how they were doing.

He stopped on a football game and set the controller down, trying to watch. His focus was everywhere except for the game. Blowing out a breath, he glanced idly around his room, his gaze stopping on his dresser were he’d laid the envelope from this afternoon, he’d forgotten about that. Standing, he made his way over to the dresser and grabbed the envelope, bringing it back over to the bed with him and sitting, he turned it over, opening it, he pulled the paper out and read it over. Basically it was just a letter reminding him of a chat he was supposed to be doing once he got back from London. A time and date still needed to be announced, he just didn’t see the point of sending him some stupid notice when nothing was really finalized. Groaning, he stuffed the letter back in the envelope turning to set on the night table, when something else fell to the floor. He tossed the envelope on the table, and bent down to retrieve the other envelope from the floor. He flipped it over and blinked, the letter he’d gotten from that bag in the mailroom, he’d forgotten about that too. The writing was neat and feminine, no words of love or anything of the sort adorned the white paper, just his name and the address of the fan club along with her name and address in the corner.

Veronica Peterson.

He tore the envelope open and pulled the letter out along with another self-addressed envelope she’d enclosed as well. Smiling, he opened the letter and read it quickly. At the bottom of the letter, she’d enclosed an address label with his picture on it. It was a nice letter, nothing gushy professing her undying love for him or anything like that. He appreciated her comments and all that, it was nice to know that there were fans out there who still liked what he did. Nick knew he’d lost a lot of fans when he’d gone solo and it’d hurt, but he had to focus on the ones who were still there supporting him, he never forgot. Smiling, he stuffed the letter back into the envelope, fully prepared to just throw it somewhere, when he found that he couldn’t. He wasn’t doing much of anything right now, he could write her a quick note and thank her for writing, he could. Nick bit nervously at his fingers, he had no reason to be nervous, but he wasn’t that great at letter writing really. What the hell, he’d do it; he really did want to.

He rustled up some paper and a pen and sat back down, turning the volume down on the TV, he thought for a Moment before quickly scribbling. He looked down at the letter; he signed his name and smiled a bit. There was no way he was gonna give out his home address, but he kind of wanted to keep in touch with her, which was really stupid. He didn’t have time for that, but it’d be nice for just once to actually keep in touch with a fan. There was the risk of her giving out his address, he could ask her not to, but that didn’t mean she wouldn’t. Still, the thought of having that kind of connection was appealing, he’d never meet her so it was safe for the most part and if he did meet her, he’d never know. First thing tomorrow, he’d set up a P.O. box. He put the unfinished letter and the envelope aside, once he got the P.O. Box, he’d write it in and send it off.