- Text Size +
Chapter 110

“So she’s here now?” Leighanne smiled.

“Yeah, she’s around somewhere. I told everyone that I was expecting her and to bring her back when she came, I hope she doesn’t get lost,” Nick frowned.

Leighanne chuckled, “I’m sure she’ll be fine Nick, someone will help her out.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right.”

He couldn’t stand the waiting, he was wondering what was taking so long. He hoped she hadn’t run into any problems. Pulling his phone out he checked to make sure that he hadn’t missed any messages.

“Relax Nick,” Leighanne laughed.

“I am, I’m fine.”

“I haven’t seen you this worked up over a girl in long time, it’s nice to see that she makes you so happy.”

“I’m not worked up, it’s just it’s been a while since I’ve seen her and everything that happened with her dad, I just want to make sure she’s ok and introduce her to everyone.”

“Well you’re positively glowing.”

“Leigh, I am not!” Nick mumbled, he could feel his face burning.

“Aww look at you!” She giggled, reaching out to shove him playfully.

“Cut it out,” Nick groaned, sighing.

“Poor baby, c’mere!” Leighanne laughed, pulling him into a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Veronica followed Rich back around the small maze of rooms backstage, her nervousness growing every second. She couldn’t help but keep wondering what was gonna happen, how was he going to introduce her to everyone? Would he tell everyone that she was just a fan? Would he be reserved and cold towards her? He sure seemed really excited on the phone, but maybe that was just because there was no one around. He did hold off on telling the guys about her in the first place.

Rich stopped suddenly by an open door.

“This is the rec room, he said he’d be here and to just bring you here when you arrived.”

“He told you specifically?”

“Well he told everyone actually, made sure that everyone knew you were coming and where to bring you,” Rich grinned. “Everyone kept teasing him about it.”

She laughed, “I would’ve too.”

“See, I knew I liked you for a reason,” Rich smiled, gesturing for her to go in.

Veronica took a fortifying breath before stepping into the room. Her gaze found him immediately, her heart dropping. He was hugging a small blonde haired woman. She let out a breath, she didn’t even think of the fact that maybe he had someone with him, that the reason he wanted everyone to bring her there and didn’t meet her right out was because he didn’t want her to know…maybe he figured he’d still have time before she actually got there. She had to get away. Turning, she went to leave, when she ran right into Rich.

“Hey Nick, Veronica is here,” Rich announced suddenly.

She stilled, her body stiff, ready to bolt.

“Veronica!”

Veronica closed her eyes for a moment, taking a breath before slowly turning to look at him. She gave him a nervous smile and a small wave. She watched as he started towards her, her eyes widening as he came forward, pulling her into his arms, hugging her tightly in front of Rich and everyone else in the room. She looked over and noticed that the blonde haired woman was now gone.

“God I’ve missed you,” Nick whispered, “I’m so glad you’re here.”

She smiled suddenly, slowly bringing her arms up and around him, hugging him close and tight, “I’ve missed you too Nick.”

He slowly pulled away, looking at her.

“I-I didn’t mean to interrupt,” she blushed.

He frowned, “Huh?”

“I saw you hugging someone, I didn’t mean to interrupt.”

Nick blinked, “You mean Leighanne?”

“Huh?”

“That was Leighanne.”

The realization slowly sinking in, she looked back over at the empty spot and then up at Nick to find him grinning down at her.

“Who did you think it was?” He asked, knowing good and well who she thought it was.

Veronica shrugged, her face beet red.

Nick chuckled, reaching out he took her hand, leading her out the room. “C’mon, I want to introduce you to some people.