- Text Size +
Chapter 114

“So, what do you want to play? I’ve got Xbox, PS2...umm…Gamecube…”

“Uhh…well considering I’ve never played the other two and they give you the distinct advantage, I’ll have to say PS2,” Veronica chuckled.

“Damn, I figured you’d say that.”

“You know I’ll kick your ass Carter,” she laughed, following him towards the back of the bus.

“Whatever. I’m so confident; I’ll even let you pick the game.”

“Hmmm…”Veronica looked the titles over and selected one.

“Man, you don’t pull any punches do you?” Nick asked as he sat on the couch after loading the game.

“No way, all or nothing baby,” she grinned, sitting next to him.

“Well, it’s your funeral.”

“We’ll see about that.”

An Hour Later…

“Damnit, not again!!”

“Do you give up yet Carter? I mean…this is getting kinda…pathetic.”

Nick sighed, “I don’t believe this, I’m loosing…I’m loosing badly, I’m loosing to a girl.”

Veronica smirked, “Hey, you were warned.”

“Yeah, sure. If I wasn’t tired and worried about hurting your feelings, I’d challenge you to a rematch.”

“Oh please!” Veronica groaned, shaking her head.

Nick grinned, startling a bit when his cell phone went off. Standing, he pulled his phone out of his pocket, flipping it open.

“Hey, what’s up J?”

“Hey, I was wondering if I could…first I should ask are you two decent?”

“Huh? Decent?”

“Yeah, you two dressed and whatever?”

“AJ shut the hell up man!! Of course we are, god.”

“Well damn, it wouldn’t be the first time I called and you were indisposed with some chick.”

“Yeah well, Veronica’s not some chick ok. She’s not like that I told you.”

“I can tell from meeting her, but you have a way of taking girls who aren’t like that and making them like that.”

Nick sighed, shaking his head, “I wouldn’t do that with her ok? Now what did you want?”

“I wanted to come over and chill with you two.”

“Oh.”

“Is that a no?”

“No that’s not a no…just…let me check with her first.”

Veronica watched as Nick talked on the phone. The last hour had been interesting. The last time they’d played video games together, was the day her father was in the hospital and she hadn’t really been able to focus. This time however, her focus was all there and in the beginning she’d been a bit intimidated and nervous. Nick was a fierce competitor and didn’t like to loose, and after awhile, she’d been able to relax and actually play properly.

“Hey V, AJ wants to come chill with us, is that ok?”

She blinked, was he serious?

“Of course, you don’t have to ask.”

“Well I didn’t know if…if you wanted to…uhh…ok cool. Yeah J, come on over.”

Veronica watched him in confusion, didn’t know if she wanted to what?

Nick flipped the phone closed, looking over at Veronica. “Ok, he’ll be here in a few minutes.”

“Really? Wow cool,” she smiled.

Nick frowned, the jealousy rising. She looked entirely too happy that he was coming over; he’d hoped she would’ve refused. He’d hoped that she wanted to spend this time with him alone, that they just hang out together.

Damn AJ.