- Text Size +
Chapter 123

She rubbed at her eyes as she made her way inside her apartment, shutting and turning the deadbolt. It’d been a long drive and she was glad to be home, she was exhausted. It’d been a very exciting day and she was mentally and physically drained. Veronica made her way through the kitchen and over to her bedroom to get undressed.

Her thoughts drifted to Nick, a wistful smile forming. It’d been great seeing him again, the whole day had been great. Sitting on the bed, she sighed heavily. She’d been nervous about meeting the rest of the guys, but they’d all been nice, everyone had. Reaching out, she grabbed the rose Nick had gotten for her, inhaling the soft sense, god she missed him already. He was most likely in a different state by now, far away, and that made her miss him even more.

Standing, she headed into the bathroom, brushed her teeth and headed back into her room, starting to slip under the covers when her cell started to ring. She grabbed her purse and pulled her phone out, looking at the id, her face lighting up suddenly. She flipped the phone open.

“Hello?”

“Hey!”

“Nick, hi!”

“What’s up? You make it home safely?”

“Yup, all in one piece.”

“Good, I was worried about you.”

“Aww you’re so sweet.”

“Yeah yeah…anyway, I just wanted to call and see if you made it home alright.”

“I’m fine.”

“Cool…so whatcha up to?”

“Nothing, just getting ready to go to bed.”

“Ahh yeah, me too.”

“You must be exhausted.”

“Yeah I am now that I’ve been able to relax, I’m always worked up after a concert, takes me a couple of hours to relax enough to be able to sleep.”

“That’s understandable.”

“Well I just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed myself today. It was great to see you and have you here with me and being able to introduce you to the guys and everyone.”

Veronica smiled, “Same here, it was nice to hang out with you again.”

“I can’t wait until February when we’ll see each other again, seems so far away.”

She chuckled, “It’s only a few months.”

“I know but it’ll be a looooong few months,” Nick laughed.

“I’m excited to see you again too Carter, today went by so fast and you’re so busy and have so much going on, it’s hard ya know.”

“Yeah I know, I wish we could’ve had more time together.”

“Can’t complain, at least we got to hang out at all you know.”

“Yeah.”

“Don’t sound so sad Nick.”

“Can’t help it,” he sighed.

“You’re so cute,” she smiled.

“Mmmhmm. Well girl, I’m gonna get going, I’m half asleep.”

“Ok, have a good night Nick, stay safe.”

“I’ll try, you too. Night Veronica.”

“Night,” she replied softly, flipping the phone closed.

Setting the phone on the nightstand next to her, she laid back, staring up at the ceiling, wishing desperately that she didn’t have to sleep alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick flipped his phone closed and turned to look out the window at the world passing by, sighing heavily. He really was tired and he needed to go to bed, but he was lonely, lonely and missing Veronica. Shaking his head sadly, he leaned in, resting his forehead against the cool glass, closing his eyes, letting the gentle rocking of the bus lull him to sleep.