- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry everyone, kinda short chapter this time! Enjoy though!
Chapter 136

She zipped the bag up, placed it strategically in the suitcase, and then grabbed a couple pairs of jeans, setting them in the suitcase followed by some shirts and blouses. She really wasn’t sure what to pack; she didn’t want to not be prepared for the weather. Nick had assured her that the weather in Florida in February wasn’t exactly freezing, but it wasn’t necessarily roasting either. He did tell her to bring some formal wear, which she found a bit daunting, as she had no clue as to what he had prepared. She brought a couple of dresses, nothing too fancy as she didn’t own anything fancy, worse come to worse, she could pick up something while she was there.

Running around, she was finishing packing her carryon, when her phone rang. Hurrying into the other room, she grabbed her cordless.

“Hello?”

“Hey girl.”

“Hey Lynne, what’s up?”

“Not much, just thought I’d give you a call and touch base, see how things are going.”

“Things are alright, just trying to get everything settled.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah, I hate packing,” Veronica muttered, making her way back into her bedroom, continuing to pack her carryon bag.

“Wait packing? For what?”

“For my trip,” she answered vaguely.

“Oh? Where are you going?”

She hesitated a moment before responding, “To Florida, to visit Nick.”

There was silence on the other end.

“Lynne…”

“Oh, well that’s cool.”

Shaking her head, Veronica slumped down on the bed; she could tell that Lynne wasn’t too pleased with the idea.

“Look Lynne…”

“Sounds like fun, when do you leave?”

“In a few days.”

“How long will you be there?”

“Eight days.”

“Mmmm.”

“Lynne I know you don’t agree but, I really want to go.”

“I know. So uh, who suggested it?”

“Actually it was Nick’s idea.”

“Oh yeah? Wow.”

Veronica could hear the surprise in her voice and suddenly her anger got the better of her.

“Ya know what Lynne? I want to go and I shouldn’t have to explain myself to anyone, including you. You may not think so, but Nick is a nice guy ok? And I wouldn‘t be doing this if I thought for a second that there were some ulterior motives ok?”

“I know Veronica I know. Look, you enjoy yourself and be careful ok?”

She sighed, “Lynne please, I wish you weren’t so upset.”

“I’m not, just cautious.”

“I know.”

“Yeah, I’ll talk to ya later. Call me when ya get back ok?”

“I will.”

“Alright, bye”

“Bye.”

Veronica hung up, staring at the phone. That was why she didn’t want to tell her, she knew Lynne would make her feel bad, make her have second thoughts about going.

And she now did.