- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is an interesting chapter. My friends who've read it already, were a little...appalled by it, which kind of confused me. I think they thought of it in a different way than I intended. I'm curious to see if anyone else has the same issues with it. I'll just say this, it's not how it looks, and I did not write it with the intention of it being something...wrong or controlling. Actually, there were a couple things, I'll see if anyone else picks up on the second one.

In anycase, I'm anxious to hear what you think.

Enjoy!
Chapter 143

They made their way back into Nick’s house, Veronica pulled her shoes off and stretched, it’d been a long day and she was glad to be back at Nick’s.

“I think I’m gonna go hop in the shower,” Nick announced.

“Ok.”

“I’ll be back in a bit.”

Veronica watched as he made his way up the stairs and sighed, rubbing at her head. The more time she spent with him, the more she felt…well she wasn’t sure.

Turning, she decided to look more at the house. Walking around she looked at the various rooms and remembered that Nick had shown her on the tour, the room where he kept all of his awards and plaques. She wandered around for about five minutes before stumbling onto the room. Making her way in, she looked around. It really was amazing, she was looking at the things she’d seen them win on TV and read about in magazines. Walking closer, she looked at one of the Billboard awards and smiled, she never thought she’d be able to see one up close. Veronica clasped her hands behind her back, not trusting herself to not reach out and pick it up, knowing her luck; she’d drop it and break it.

Smiling a bit, she turned again and looked the other wall over, her gaze resting on something. Stilling her mouth dropped as she realized what it was. There between the Millennium plaque and his Now or Never plaque, was the plaque she’d made for him. He’d hung it up with all of actual awards. Biting her lip hard, she swallowed against the lump in her throat. She couldn’t believe he’d done it. It looked stupid amongst all the professional ones and really did pale in comparison, but he didn’t seem to mind, it was right there with everything else.

“It belongs there don’t ya think?”

Startled, she went to turn, when she felt Nick slide his arms around her waist, pulling him back against his body. He smelled of soap and water, she let out a soft sigh.

“No way, c’mon Nick it looks silly amongst all of those professional cool looking ones.”

“It does not, it’s perfect. I told you that I loved it, it does belong there. I love everything else in here, why shouldn’t what you made me be in here too?”

Turning, she looked up at him, smiling a bit.

“Enjoy your shower?”

“Yup, I feel all clean and ya know…good.”

Veronica chuckled, “Glad to hear it.”

“C’mon, let’s go watch TV or a movie or something.”

“Alright, we can chill in my room if that’s ok. It’s a bit more comfortable.”

“That’s fine, I’ve been wanting to see your room anyway,” she started then looked away, her face turning beet red. “I mean…”

“It’s ok, no problem,” Nick laughed.

Clearing her throat, she looked at him briefly before looking away.

“C’mon girl, no being shy,” Nick announced, taking her hand and pulling her from the room.

They made their way upstairs and into his room.

“Luckily my room is clean; I made extra special effort to keep it looking decent for you.”

“I appreciate that.”

“Go ahead, have a seat.”

She hesitated a moment before walking over, sliding onto the mattress, sighing loudly.

“Oooh this is nice.”

Nick grinned, “Ya like that don’t you?”

“Wow this mattress is super comfortable,” Veronica sighed, flopping back.

“Well you pick a movie; I’m gonna go make some popcorn and get some drinks.”

Veronica slid off the bed and headed over to his DVD collection, picking out a movie and putting it in the DVD player before climbing back up on the bed. A short time later Nick made his way back in, bowl of popcorn in one hand and a six pack of coke in the other.

Reaching out Veronica took the bowl from his hand.

“I picked SWAT, I hope you don’t mind.”

Nick blinked, “You like that movie?”

“Oh yeah, aside from it being a good movie, LL Cool J is in it,” she winked.

“Oh man, you like him huh?”

“Are you kidding, he’s beautiful!”

Nick grinned, shaking his head.

Veronica placed the bowl between the two of them and opened her can of pop. They munched on the popcorn and made the occasional comments about the movie, Veronica’s directed more towards LL.

After the movie was over, they gathered the empty cans and bowl up and brought them downstairs before heading back up.

“Well, I guess I’m gonna head to bed,” Veronica announced.

Nick stared at her a moment, looking away quickly.

“Nick?”

He looked back over at her, started to say something, and then stopped.

“What?”

“I just…”

“You just what?”

He shrugged, “I dunno, I thought it’d be a little easier if you just…ya know, stayed in my room…ya know with me…in…in bed.”

She blinked again.

“I mean, if ya want you can. No pressure or anything, if you don’t wanna that’s fine.”

“Ok.”

He stared at her, “Ok?”

“Yeah.”

“Wow, alright.”

“It’s not like we’ve never done it before,” she blurted out.

Nick’s eyes widened, smiling suddenly.

“Oop, well you know what I mean. We’ve slept together before, uh slept in the same bed…”

Nick barely stifled a smile.

“I’m gonna go brush my teeth,” Veronica muttered, turning and heading into her room and then into the bathroom.

Nick hurried into his bathroom, brushing his teeth and then changing into a pair of shorts and a wifebeater before slipping into the bed, scooting over to one side, turning the light off. A soft glow from the moon light up the room enough for him to see Veronica make her way out of her room and into his, she’d changed into shorts and a t-shirt. Making her way over, she slipped under the covers.

“Well, goodnight Nick,” Veronica smiled.

He looked over at her, his heart pounding so hard it felt like it was going to stop.

“Goodnight Veronica.”

They looked at each other for a moment before leaning in, kissing each other on the cheek. Slowly they pulled away, their lips inches from each other’s. Neither knew who moved first, suddenly they were locked in a passionate kiss that they both seemed to have been waiting for.

Nick wrapped his arms around her, pulling her as close to him as possible. He couldn’t believe it, couldn’t believe it was happening. Gently, he pushed her back, rolling on top of her.

“I need you,” he murmured.

“Yes.”

Sliding his hands down, he pushed her shorts and underwear down and off, shoving out of the bed. Moving his hands up, he pushed her t-shirt off and reached under her, unhooking her bra and pulling away long enough to whip it off and toss it aside.

She had no hesitation, no thoughts of what would happen in the morning, no fear. All she knew was that it felt right, it felt good.

Nick pulled away suddenly, breathing hard. God he wanted it to last, it’d been so long, he refused to take her like some animal. Slowly he opened his eyes and looked at her.

“Veronica…do you trust me?”

She stared at him for a moment and he could see her nod, “Yes.”

“Will you let me do something?”

“What?”

“You have to trust me, you said you do.”

“I do trust you Nick.”

“Ok.”

He pulled away and Veronica watched him open his closet door and rummage through it for a few seconds before coming back to the bed. Reaching out he took both of her arms and raised them above her head and through the spindles on his headboard.

She tensed, “Nick…”

“Shh, just trust me, I won’t hurt you, I promise.”

Slowly she relaxed and allowed him to tie her hands together. Sliding his hands down her arms gently, he leaned in, kissing her softly before pulling away again. Suddenly something covered her eyes.

“Nick!”

“Please relax Veronica, I want you to be able to enjoy…to feel.”

She took a calming breath, forcing herself to relax.

Nick licked his lips, pulling the covers back; he wanted to see her so bad. The first time, it’d been dark like this, it’d been her first time, and he’d been so nervous about it being right for her, that he never took the time to savor her body the way he should’ve. Then the second time had happened so fast, neither had stopped to enjoy the moment.

He wanted his chance now; he wanted to see her, all of her. All of the woman who he’d grown to care so much for. Reaching out, he flicked the lamp on, blinking as his eyes adjusted.

“Nick…what was that?”

“Shh Veronica.”

“No! What was that?”

“Veronica…”

“Nick…did you turn the light on?”

“Huh? Well yeah, I wanted…”

“No! Turn it off…untie me, Nick!”

He blinked, “Veronica, hang on…”

“Please…please untie me Nick!” She cried, bringing her legs up, curling into a ball.

Nick leaned over and untied the tie that he had bound her hands together with.

Veronica scrambled away from him, tarring the blindfold off and slid off the bed, gathering her clothes up.

“Veronica, what are you doing? What’s wrong?”

“I-I’m tired, I’m gonna go to bed in my room.”

“Wha…why?”

She hurried around, gathering up her clothes, holding them against her body like a shield as she bolted out of the room and over to hers.

“Veronica, would you just wait a minute, talk to me,” Nick demanded, following her out of the room. He didn’t make it in time though and ended up talking to the door.

“C’mon Veronica…baby open the door, let’s talk about this. I thought it was what you wanted; I thought…I thought you wanted me. Veronica? Veronica?”

Veronica pulled her legs close to her chest, closing her eyes as the tears streamed down, forcing herself to block out the sound of his voice.