- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Alright I just wanted to say that there is a song in this chapter that for those of you who download and are interested, may want to get if you don't already have the cd prior to reading this chapter. I know that most people probably don't listen to this person, but this song is PERFECT for this chapter and for Nick's character. It's a beautiful song called "My Confession" by Josh Groban. Kinda funny, same name as a song from Nick's cd. Completely different kind of song though. Anyway, enjoy!
Chapter 148

Veronica carefully set the picture down before looking at him again.

“Nick…”

“Why don’t you go take a bath, I have one more surprise for you for when you get out and one waiting for you in the bathroom as well, but I want you to wait until you‘re done with your bath before you look at it. Meet me in my bedroom when you‘re finished.”

“Ummm…”

Nick watched her closely.

“Uh ok, sure,” she stood, making her way around him and then up the stairs.

Nick let out a breath slumping back on the couch, that had gone even better than he’d hoped. He also hoped the last part of his surprise would go over just as well. Standing he hurried upstairs to get everything ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Veronica carefully stepped out of the dress and hung it on the hook on the door. Looking around, she saw a box with a ribbon on it. Guessing this was the surprise Nick was talking about; she picked the box up, fighting the urge to open it. She shook it gently and was rewarded with a soft rustling sound. Quickly she set the box down before she was able to do anything else.

Reaching over, she turned the water off and quickly stripped down and stepped in. She carefully lay back, staring up at the ceiling. She wondered what he had planned, what could possibly be left? They had dinner and watched a movie; he’d given her a gift, there was nothing. It was all too much anyway, she did not know what she’d done to deserve this, and she was sure that she actually hadn’t done anything.

She washed and let the water out before grabbing a towel and wrapping it around. Reaching out, she grabbed her pajamas and quickly put them on and was about to head out, when she remembered the gift. Turning, she grabbed the package, sitting on the toilet, she removed the ribbon and carefully lifted the lid, setting it aside before peeling back the tissue paper, her hands stilling, eyes widening.

Lying inside the tissue paper was what appeared to be lingerie of some sort. A single envelope with her name rested on top of it. Veronica picked up the envelope opened it and pulled out the sheet of paper inside.

I hope you’ll wear this for me

Veronica set the paper aside and pulled the lingerie out, it was purple, her favorite color. Swallowing hard, she unfolded the first piece and then the other, letting out a breath. It wasn’t extremely revealing and yet it was provocative all the same. She looked down at her shorts and t-shirt and then back up at the lingerie. It would mean revealing herself to him, letting him see her as she was. Frowning she carefully set it back in the box and stood, grabbing her robe and slipping it on.

~~~~~~~~~~~

She tightened the tie on her robe before knocking lightly on Nick’s door. She heard his muffled reply to come in and slowly turned the knob.

“Nick I…” she stopped as she made her way into the bedroom.

The light was out, but several candles lit up the room, emitting a soft glow. Soft music was playing from the stereo, the bed turned down. On the bedside table, several bottles stood, along with a single rose. Nick stood beside the bed, his sleeves rolled up, the first few buttons on his shirt undone, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

“What’s going on?” She whispered.

“The last part of your surprise,” he gestured towards the bed. “A massage.”

Again, her eyes widened, “A massage?”

“Yeah, I thought it’d be a great way to end the evening. Now don’t worry, I’ve learned a lot about giving massages, ya know sometimes we’d get Charlie horses after performing and muscle spasms and all that, and ya know trainers and whatever would show us how to do it and stuff incase one of us got one and there wasn’t anyone around, so don’t worry I know what I’m doing, although I’m no professional or anything.”

“Aww Nick.”

“You can even pick what massage lotion I use; I have patchouli, rose and spearmint.”

She chuckled softly, “Well if you insist, spearmint please, I love spearmint.”

“I do insist and I figured you’d pick that. Ok, so go ahead and take off your robe and lay down on the bed, face down please,” Nick smiled as he turned to grab the bottle.

Taking a fortifying breath, Veronica untied the robe and slipped it off, tossing it on the chair next to her.

Nick turned, bottle in hand and stilled. She was wearing it. He watched as she made her way past him, climbing up on the bed and laying down, resting her head on her arms. He stood there for a moment before slowly turning beside the bed. Clearing his throat, he opened the bottle, pouring some over her back lightly before recapping it and setting it back down. Licking at his lips, he reached out, placed is hands on her cool skin, and started to rub.

She closed her eyes, stifling the moans, she pushed her face into the pillows, letting herself relax and her body go limp. She’d never forget the look in his eyes when he turned and saw her, she never thought she’d ever have any guy look at her like that.

He continued to rub, moving his way over to her right shoulder. She was wearing it, he couldn’t believe it. When he’d written her that note, he hadn’t really thought she’d go through with it, especially after what’d happened last night. He could barely contain his excitement when he’d seen her, he’d wanted to reach out and pull her into his arms.

I have been blind, unwilling to see the true love you’re giving. I have ignored every blessing. I’m on my knees confessing…

“I’m gonna have to unhook this…top part,” Nick whispered.

Veronica nodded, and forced herself to relax when she felt his fingers unhook the clasp, pushing them aside. It didn’t help that with her eyes closed she kept thinking back to that night at her apartment when one thing had led to another. Slowly she opened her eyes, trying to focus on the massage. Nick continued to rub, the soft sounds of the music floating through the room and she tried to grasp on to it, anything to keep her thoughts from drifting where they shouldn’t.

He had the strongest urge to bend down and taste her skin, massage lotion and all. Nick ran his hands over her back, loving the feel. Sliding down a bit, he rubbed the back of her thighs and then over her calves.

“Oh god Nick, you’ve got amazing hands,” Veronica groaned.

Wincing, he shifted, trying to relieve the pressure that had started to form in his pants. Reaching out, he grabbed the bottle again and squeezed some more lotion into his hands, working it into her legs. Sliding back up, he hooked the clasp on the lingerie again and stepped back.

“T-turn over please and I’ll get the other side,” he stuttered. Nick watched as she slowly rolled over, his gaze resting on her face. Her eyes were shut, her lips slightly parted.

“Well I can lift up the small part here that covers my stomach if you want, I mean, there’s not a lot you can really get with this thing on…Nick…Nick? Earth to Nick.”

He blinked and realized she was talking to him. “Huh? Oh yeah, that’s fine. I’ll just get your stomach and legs and we’ll be finished.” Sighing heavily, he grabbed the bottle and squirted more lotion into his hands.

That I feel myself surrender each time I see your face. I am staggered by your beauty, your unassuming grace. And I feel my heart is turning, falling into place. I can’t hide, now hear my confession.

She quickly scanned the room; it wasn’t bright enough for him to really see her stomach well, but just enough to make everything out. She’d suggested lifting up the thin material that was covering her stomach before she could really think about it. Veronica knew she needed to trust him, that he wanted her to. It was at that point that she made up her mind.

He rubbed carefully at her stomach, smiling at the softness. He could just barely make her body out, but he didn’t mind. He’d purposely lit candles so that it wouldn’t be too revealing for her, but enough light so that he could do the massage. Nick finished her stomach and then her legs, standing and closing the bottle.

“Well, you’re all set honey, I hope you enjoyed it,” Nick smiled.

Veronica slid off the bed to stand before him, “Enjoyed it? Are you kidding? I loved it! I feel so relaxed; I’ll have no problem sleeping tonight. This has just been and amazing evening Nick, thank you so much for everything. You have no idea how much it all means to me, seriously.”

“Aww sweetie, it’s nothing. We’re valentines; we’re supposed to do this kinda thing.”

“I’m such a loser, I haven’t gotten you anything,” Veronica frowned.

“Believe me, you saying yes was enough.”

“If you say so,” Veronica sighed, looking away for a moment before looking back up at him. “So I guess I’ll be going then.”

Nick stared at her for a moment, “I…yeah, ok.”

She blinked, giving him a small smile before turning and heading for the door.

“Veronica wait…don’t go. Stay, stay with me tonight,” Nick announced softly.

Veronica turned to look at him, “Nick…”

“I want to be with you Veronica; I don’t care what it takes. We can turn blow out the candles and not look at each other, I don’t care. I just want to be with you, I don’t want to be alone tonight. Please Veronica, let me make love to you,” He whispered.

She stared at him in shock, she’d been hoping that he still wanted her, but didn’t want to push him and here he was offering to do things her way so she’d be comfortable. Smiling, she made her way over to him.

Reaching out, Nick cupped her face in his hands.

“I need you.”

“Undress me Nick…”

I have been wrong about you. I thought I was strong…without you. For so long nothing could move me. For so long…nothing could change me…

He stilled, he couldn’t have heard her right. Nick had dared to believe, dared to hope that she would allow him to touch her, to feel her beneath him again, but then again last night had happened. Just now, he’d laid it all out there for her on a desperate attempt to keep her close and to have her with him, even if that meant only for one moment, for one more night.

Everything had suddenly changed, he wasn’t the same person, the same man that he had been. She’d done that for him, made him want to be a better man, made him want to be a better man for a woman….for her.

Reaching out, he ran his hands over her hips and then up and around her, pulling her closer to him. His fingers deftly unhooked the clasp again. He hesitated a moment, watching her for any signs that she’d changed her mind. When he saw none, he pulled back; he took with him the top of her outfit, his eyes never leaving hers as he tossed it aside.

Nick took her hands, placing them on his chest. He watched as she slowly unbuttoned his shirt and pushed it off his shoulders, letting it fall to the ground. He sighed softly as she ran her hands over his chest lightly. He’d give up everything in the world just to feel her touch him like this. Sliding his hands down, he hooked his fingers in the band of her underwear and slowly pushed them down, smiling as she shimmed out of them and kicked them aside.

Quickly, he unbuttoned his slacks and pushed them down and off along with his boxers. They stood there naked before each other

“Nothing has to happen Veronica.”

She looked up at him, “I trust you Nick.”

He stared at her, realizing what she was giving him. The trust she so desperately held on to, that trust that she was so unwilling to give to anyone, especially a guy, she was giving to him. Pulling her up against him, he pressed her naked body against his and held her tightly.

Now I feel myself surrender each time I see your face. I am staggered by your beauty, your unassuming grace. And I feel my heart is turning, falling into place. I can’t hide, now hear my confession.

Carefully, Nick walked her back to the bed and gently pushed her back. He watched as she lay down and he went to slide in next to her, when she stopped him with a hand on his chest.

“Turn on the light.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m sure.”

He hesitated a moment before reaching over and flipping the lamp on. It took him a moment for his eyes to adjust to the light, but when they did, he looked at her, into her eyes and nowhere else. He could see the apprehension, the fear. But he also saw determination and pure trust. Nick watched as she stretched a bit, raising her hands over her head.

“If you want…”

Nick shook his head, “No, it’s ok.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I want you to be able to move or leave if you need to.”

“I won’t need to.”

He smiled, and finally let his eyes roam over her body, exhaling loudly. “You’re beautiful.”

She blushed, “No I’m not.”

He nodded, “You are, god you are.” He ran his hands over her breasts lightly, kneading and squeezing them. Nick heard her sigh softly and he leaned in, brushing his lips over a nipple before sucking it into his mouth and then doing the same with the other. He’d missed this part the other times, never taken the moment to taste her and touch her properly.

Nick slid his hands down, rubbing and kissing her stomach gently. “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do this, how long I’ve wanted to be with you again Veronica.”

She swallowed hard, trying to focus on what he was saying, but it was hard, the sensations were too much. “Nick…”

“I need you to know, you need to hear it,” he whispered, coming back up, resting on her carefully.

“You…you don’t have to say that.”

“Yes I do, it’s the truth.”

“I’ve wanted to be with you too Nick, It’s…it’s been awhile since I’ve…”

He frowned, “If…if ya know this is about Jared, if you can’t because…because…”

She blinked, “Jared?”

“Yeah, if you’re still not over all of that, and it’s too soon to ya know, then it’s ok,” Nick said softly. He couldn’t believe he was saying, couldn’t believe he’d be willing to give up this moment because of an ex boyfriend.

“Nick I don’t know what you’re talking about. Jared and I well we never, I mean…I couldn’t. It just didn’t feel right.”

Nick stared at her, “You mean you two never…ever?”

She shook her head.

“But…you two dated for a few months.”

“Yeah I know.”

“And you never…”

“No.”

“So you haven’t…since we…since us?”

“No, it was one of the reasons we broke up. Don‘t get me wrong, that wasn‘t all of it, but yeah, it played a part. I tried, I tried hard, but I just couldn‘t with him. I kept thinking about, well about other things and I just couldn‘t.” she whispered.

He couldn’t believe it; she hadn’t been with anyone else. She was his; he’d branded her that night, just as he would this night. She would be his and no one else’s

You are the air that I breathe, you’re the ground beneath my feet. When did I stop believing?

Leaning in, he kissed her deeply, pressing his hips against hers gently, but insistently. Reaching out, he pulled the drawer open on the nightstand and dug around inside, grabbing a condom. He pulled away long enough to protect them both before resting on her again.

“Let me in Veronica, let me make you mine,” he whispered.

She shifted, wrapping her legs around his waist and pulled him down to her, kissing him deeply, lifting her hips as he slowly slid inside her body.

Nick stifled a groan and buried his face in her neck, panting hard. “God Veronica.”

“It’s…been so long, feels like no time has past though,” she panted.

He lifted his head, “It’s been too long, but you’re right where you belong, in my arms.”

“Nick…”

He kissed her again and started to move slowly, trying to memorize the feel of her body, so hot and smooth…wet. He could feel her body starting to react, the tightening and the slight stiffening. Nick knew she wouldn’t last long, but he knew he wouldn’t either.

“Veronica,” he moaned, starting to move faster.

She shifted her hips again, pressing them up to meet his, moaning loudly suddenly. She knew she couldn’t experience this with anyone else, not when he’d been the one to show her everything. Veronica felt her body tense, and she instinctively tightened around him, and heard his low growl.

They moved together, bodies slick with desire, the rhythm increasing, their moans growing louder and stronger.

Nick kissed her hard and deep, rocking harder and faster into her. He tensed, his eyes widening when she tore her lips from his, her body arching up as her release hit, his name escaping from her lips on a low moan. He squeezed his eyes shut, thrusting into her twice more, crying her name out when he found his release.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick watched her sleep, a soft smile on his lips. He ran his hand over her bare arm before leaning in, kissing her neck gently. Perfect, it’d all been perfect and he didn’t want it to end. He wanted to wake up every morning with her beside him if only she’d have him.

Sliding deeper under the covers, he rested his head on the pillow, just watching her. She was amazing, beautiful in every way. She’d given so much of herself, trust, friendship, he knew she cared deeply for him. Was there a chance that maybe she more than cared for him? There was one thing he knew though, there was no way he was giving her up without a fight, that he was sure of. Scooting closer, he pulled her into his arms and held her close.

And Nick knew in that moment that he’d fallen in love with her.

‘Cause I feel myself surrender each time I see your face. I am staggered by your beauty, your unassuming grace. And I feel my heart is turning, falling into place. I can’t hide now hear my confession.

I can’t hide now hear my confession…hear my confession


My Confession - by Josh Groban