- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Short chapter all, but enjoy!
Chapter 153

“I’m gonna go take a shower, thanks so much for everything today Nick. I loved the gifts and all,” Veronica smiled, leaning in and kissing his cheek gently before tossing her shoes down beside the door.

Nick smiled weakly, “No problem.”

She winked before turning and heading up the stairs.

Nick watched her leave, listened for the shower, and then hurried over, grabbing his phone and dialing.

“Hello?”

“I’m in love with Veronica!” He blurted into the phone.

“Well it’s about time,” Brian laughed.

Nick slumped down on the couch, closing his eyes. “Yeah.”

“So…?”

“So what?”

“So how’s it going?”

“It’s…going. I don’t know how to act around her anymore.”

“Whoa, you’ve got it bad buddy.”

Nick groaned, “I know, it’s never been like this before. It’s never been quite this bad.”

“Well what did she say?”

“About?”

“What do you mean about? About you being in love with her!”

“Damnit B, I just got to the point where I could admit it to myself, I’m no where near being ready to admit it to her! Geeze man!”

“Fine, but what made you realize?”

“It was last night. I was holding her in my arms and it just like…hit me. I knew I couldn’t let her go this time without her knowing, without making her mine,” Nick sighed.

“Nick you have to do it before she leaves, don’t take the chance of her going back home and finding someone else. Promise me Nick,” Brian stated.

“I will man, don’t worry. Before she gets on that plan, she’ll know and I’ll have my answer. I’ll know if we can be more than friends.”