- Text Size +
Chapter 160

She wrapped the towel around her and stepped out, wiping the mirror with her hand and then rubbing at her face. The whole incident at the pool had been interesting, and enjoyable she grudgingly admitted to herself. It wasn’t supposed to have gone that far, she shouldn’t have let it, but the way he was looking at her, the way he touched her. Shaking her head she frowned, knowing she’d succumbed to what countless others before her had, she knew he could be persuasive, and the fact that despite how much she’d prided herself to not let herself be talked into something she didn’t want to do, she’s managed to let him.

It wasn’t of course without conscious effort on his behalf. He must’ve decided that that’s what he was going to do and set out to accomplish his goal, which he had. Bracing her hands on the sink, she stared down into the bowl, breathing hard. She really was no different from all the other woman, he could’ve done it sooner, but chose not to she realized, but the first time he tried and she folded like building made of cards.

Groaning in frustration, she turned and made her way out the bathroom, reaching out, she grabbed her underwear from off her bed and quickly dressed in a long t-shirt before looking over. Her door was slightly cracked and she could see right into Nick’s room and right at that moment he too came out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel. She stilled, watching intently as he dropped the towel before turning and opening one of his drawers. Quickly she squeezed her eyes shut, letting out a breath.

“Stupid stupid Veronica! What the hell are you doing? You’ve turned into a peeping tom!”

Sighing, she slowly opened her eyes and looked up to find Nick staring at her, he’d put his boxers on, but that was in. Slowly he started towards her. Embarrassed, she looked away quickly, but could feel him advancing on her.

“Sorry…I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have been staring,” she whispered. She looked up at him to find he was staring at her.

Reaching out, he took her hand and led her from her room and into his. Turning her quickly, he bunched her shirt up in his hands and quickly tore it from her, tossing it to the floor and pulling her body against his.

“I want to feel your skin against mine when we sleep,” he said softly.

She swallowed hard and stared at him helplessly. She could feel herself starting to crumble, no defenses against him, none. Veronica let him lead her to the bed and pull her in with him. She slid under the covers and allowed him to pull her into his arms, hugging her close.

“Tell me what you’re thinking,” he said softly.

“Nothing really, just that our time together is almost over,” she whispered, biting her lip.

“You could stay another week,” Nick offered suddenly.

She shook her head, “I can’t, I only took off a week, and it’d be too hard to ask for another.”

Nick squeezed her gently, “I don’t want you to go.”

Veronica smiled softly, and hesitated a moment before responding, “I wish I could stay longer.”

“Veronica, I’ll be lonely without you ya know.”

“Aww you’ll have friends to hang out with and maybe things will work out with that girl,” Veronica said, frowning.

“No,” Nick said suddenly, emphatically. “It’s not like that.”

She was confused; she looked up at him questioningly.

“It’s just one of those things I said because…”, he stopped.

“I don’t understand Nick, isn’t there something you’re trying to date?”

He bit his lip, looking away, “Kind of, but it’s not what it sounds like.”

“It’s ok, I get it, I do.”

“No you don’t. I didn’t mean…I was talking about…” he looked down at her suddenly. “I meant, the girl was…”

Veronica stared at him a moment before sighing softly. “Don’t worry about it ok Nick? You don’t have to explain to me, you never did.”

Nick frowned and watched as she turned toward him, burying her face in his chest, closing her eyes. Letting his head fall back onto the pillow he stared up at the ceiling, cursing himself silently. He should’ve said something just then, should’ve told her, but he couldn’t. She was staring at him, waiting for him to say something, and he’d froze again.

Shaking his head, he closed his eyes. He was sure he’d just made things a whole lot worse.