- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a fun chapter. I'm particularly proud of Veronica for several reasons in this chapter, but for one major reason, I think everyone will agree with. And the plot continues to thicken. With chapter 173 that I'm working on right now, I've hit 600 pgs, which is huge for me. I will say that the story ends with chapter 175, that's the little bit I'll give away.

Enjoy!
Chapter 164

Nick shut the door behind them, leaning heavily against it as he watched Veronica put her purse down on the kitchen counter before bending over to untie her sneakers. She was so beautiful; everything she did was done a grace she didn’t seem to know she possessed.

He closed his eyes, to force himself to get his thoughts straight. Slowly he opened his eyes and watched as she turned to look at him, a smile on her lips.

“Look, I’ve got to go back out for a bit. It shouldn’t take me too long, maybe an hour or so, will you be ok here by yourself?”

“Of course, I was thinking of taking a bath actually…”

“No!”

She blinked, “No?”

“No.”

“Uh, why not?”

He stared at her, “Ummm…”

“Nick?”

“Just…you can’t right now ok?”

She frowned, “Yeah, sure.”

“Ok, so I’ll be back soon, see ya in a bit,” he said, hurrying over and kissing her cheek gently before leaving quickly.

Veronica watched him leave and frowned again, what’d just happened? Why wasn’t she allowed to take a bath? Shaking her head, she hurried upstairs, grabbing her purse from off the kitchen counter along the way. Hurrying into her room, she grabbed her suitcase and tossed it on the bed, better to start packing as soon as she could to avoid forgetting anything on Monday.

She pulled her cell phone out of her purse, flipping it open and pressing a button and waiting as she started to pack some things up.

“Hello?”

“Hey you.”

“Veronica, what’s up? Are you home already?”

“Nah, Nick’s out doing something, so I thought I’d call you a little early.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, so how are you?”

“Pretty good.”

Veronica sighed, “Lynne come on.”

“What do you want me to say Veronica? I mean, I answered the question.”

“You have that tone, like you’re not happy that I called early.”

“Of course I’m happy V, I’m always happy to hear from you.”

Veronica slumped down on the bed, “James called me.”

“Yeah?”

“Yup, just a little while ago. He’s coming home for a few days in a couple weeks and he wants us to get together.”

“That’s great V! Are you excited?”

“Oh god yes, I can’t wait. It’s been awhile and I dunno, it’ll just be nice to see him again.”

Lynne chuckled, “You still have it bad for him don’t you?”

She was quiet for a moment before responding.

“Yeah, I guess in a way. He’s a great guy, I think the only reason that we couldn’t actually try anything is because he had to go; at least I hope that’s why. He did say that he wanted to ya know, go out again, but we really couldn’t because of the situation. Not that anything has changed but…”

“What if he wants to do a long distance thing? Would you be up for that?”

She smiled, “Actually I would, I mean…I know it’d be hard, but I think it’s something I could do.”

Lynne giggled, “Ohh this is so exciting!”

“Lets not get ahead of ourselves here Lynne; we don’t know that he’s going to ask or anything like that.”

“C’mon, I know you’re thinking about it and he’s who you’ve been wanting over this last year, you’re single and hopefully he is too, if the opportunity comes along, take it!”

Veronica frowned, what Lynne was saying was right, but…she shook her head, she had to stop even thinking it. It wasn’t going to happen. It was time she was realistic and removed any thoughts of…of…

“You still there?”

“Oh sorry, yeah, just thinking. Yeah you’re right. I guess we’ll just see when the time comes.”

“Well I’m rooting for the both of you.”

Veronica stilled, “What about Nick?”

“What about him?”

“You’re rooting for me and James but…”

“Veronica, c’mon we’ve been over this,” Lynne sighed.

“No, what I don’t get is why you’d be supportive of one relationship over another? You’re my friend; you’re supposed to support me no matter what, even if you don’t agree. I’m not asking for your approval, all I’m asking for is to respect whatever my choice would be. Ever since I started talking to Nick, you’ve done nothing but discourage it. We’re not even dating, but you’ve have a problem with me even being friends with him. Now when this whole thing with James comes up, because you like it, you’re all about supporting and encouraging me. That’s not what a friend does Lynne. You’ve done a lot of things I didn’t like or agree with and still I stayed by you and supported you, I didn’t keep telling you you were wrong.”

There was silence on the other end and Veronica for once, didn’t care. She was tired of feeling bad for doing something Lynne didn’t like, and she was tired of hearing the censure in her voice.

“Look Lynne, when you’re ready to grow up and treat me and my choices with respect, you give me a call ok? Until then, I’ll talk to ya later,” she stated and flipped the phone closed, a smile spreading over her lips. That felt good, really good. She wished Nick had been there, she knew he would’ve been proud.

She continued to pack a bit, turning, she turned the radio on and managed to find a station that she liked and sung along softly with the song playing.

~~~~~~~~~~

About an Hour Later…

Nick made his way up the stairs and into his room quickly, he was in the midst of getting some clothes out of one of his drawers and grabbing a duffel bag to give to Veronica, when he heard music playing. Turning he made his way out of his room and across the hall to Veronica’s room, poking his head in, a smile spreading over his lips.

He watched as Veronica pranced around the room, waving what looked like a sock in her hand, singing along animatedly to a song that had just started playing. He grinned wider as she turned and saw him, and slowly started over to him. Tossing the sock aside, she singing along with the song.

“Don't you know that when you touch me baby that it's torture. Brush up against me I get chills all down my spine. When you talk to me…it's painful. You don't know what you do to this heart of mine…,” she sang, slinking up in front of him, dancing seductively.

Nick straightened a bit, watching her intently. She turned suddenly, rubbing up against him as she continued to sing and move her body in time with the music.

“Don't make this one dimensional, the way I feel is sexual, the way I feel is sexual. It can't just be intellectual; the way I feel is sexual, the way I feel is sexual…when you're next to me.”

He cleared his throat, letting out a breath. Nick recognized the song and up until this point couldn’t stand it, that had all changed as he watched her move, his eyes widening as she made her way around him, running her hands over his back slowly as she continued to sing.

“I confess I watch your mouth move baby when you're speaking, study your body when you walk out of the room. You'll see how much you value my friendship, but I want you addicted to my perfume,” she whispered in his ear, her hands wrapped around his chest.

Nick shifted a bit, wincing at the sudden tightness of his pants and the feel of her hands on his body. His grip tightened on the duffle bag in his hand as he struggled to keep his composure.

“Don't make this one dimensional, the way I feel is sexual, the way I feel is sexual. It can't just be intellectual; the way I feel is sexual, the way I feel is sexual…when you're next to me.”Veronica slowly made her way in front of him, pressing her body close to his as she danced.

Suddenly he dropped the bag he was holding and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her flush against him. He saw her eyes widen and a slow teasing smile spread over her lips.

“Baby talk to me and let me kiss you let me show you the things I can do for you…” she giggled softly, turning and tipping her head back, looking up at him as she finished along with the song, covering his arms around her waist with her own. “Don't make this one dimensional, the way I feel is sexual, the way I feel is sexual. It can't just be intellectual; the way I feel is sexual, the way I feel is sexual…when you're next to me. Don't make this one dimensional…”

Nick watched as she turned back around and grinned up at him.

“God I love that song! I’m in such a good mood right now; I hope you didn’t mind that little impromptu performance just then. A pole dancer I’m not, but what the hell.”

Slowly he closed his eyes, pulling her tighter against him, rubbing against her a bit before opening his eyes. She was staring at him in shock, not that he could blame her. He knew she’d just been teasing with the dance, but his reaction to it had been anything but teasing.

“Veronica…do me a favor will you?” He reached down and grabbed the duffle bag, holding it up. “Pack a few things, pj’s and whatever you’re going to need for the rest of the night.”

“Huh, why?”

“I’m taking you somewhere, it’s a surprise.”

“Oh, well ok,” she turned to leave when Nick tightened his hold on her. She looked back up at him. “Nick? Everything ok?”

Nick held her tightly and just stared at her, it took all the control he had not to toss her down on that bed. He looked over, noticed her open suitcase, and looked back at her.

“Why are you packing?”

“Oh, I decided to get an early start so there wouldn’t be so much to do on Monday when I leave. I wanna make sure I get out on time so I don’t hold you up or anything.”

Hugging her body tighter against him, he stared at her fiercely.

“Goodness Nick what's wrong?”

He let out a sigh and shook his head, “Nothing, pack and I’ll meet you downstairs.”

She slowly nodded and dropped her arms from around him. Nick reluctantly let her go before turning and hurrying out the room.

Sexual - by Amber