- Text Size +
Chapter 2


“Thank you, so I can just pick up my ticket there right?” Better that then lose it in that hellhole he called a bedroom. “Great, thank you so much.”

Nick hung up, normally his assistant booked his flights, but smart him had given her the month off, what in the hell was he thinking? No matter, it had been handled with minimal trouble, he really hoped he’d gotten the best deal. He would be leaving in a few days and had loose ends that needed to be tied up before heading off to London for a month.

He had to make sure everything was secure and start packing. Of course he would wait till the night before to pack, he was such a procrastinator. Why do it early and have all those suitcases and bags in the way?

Damn and where the hell was his passport anyway? Frowning he went over to his large closet, opened the door and flipped the light on. Had he left it in his jean pocket from before? Nick looked around, and saw a shoebox, grabbing it from the top shelf and opened it, digging through it…nothing. He shoved the box back up top and looked down at the pile gathered on the floor and frowned. He’d clean it up later, not right now, he had to find that passport. Managing to shut the door, he flipped the light off and turned, placing hands on his hips. He needed to find it, but he really didn’t want to look anymore.

Walking over to his nightstand, he grabbed the phone and dialed. “Hey man, what’s up? Nah, I just booked a flight to London to work on my next album, no I know, so you gonna come with me? Didn’t anyone tell you? Figures, whatever, so yeah, call up and find out and let me know aight? Cool, later.”

Nick hung up, what the hell was going on? His own bodyguard didn’t even know they were supposed to be leaving in a few days, why didn’t it surprise him that nothing was organized?

Maybe he should start packing? If Kevin were here, he’d be all up his ass about it. Smirking, Nick walked out the room, he’d wait till the day before. Not that he didn’t love Kevin, but being even a little rebellious felt good. After spending ten years together, they knew each other inside and out, what made each other ticked and what pissed each other off. That was true with all the guys though, it was a nice feeling to be honest. Here he was eleven years later, a solo project under his belt and some acting experience. He had no idea it could actually happen, the success, the popularity, it was overwhelming. It had been a long ten years, filled with many successes and triumphs. Nick had always hoped to do something in the entertainment field and being apart of something like the Backstreet Boys or anything along those lines, had been a dream of his for years. A dream he never thought would happen, but had worked hard for it, he’d worked very hard. It was worth it in the end, he now had the kind of success others only dreamed of, and he didn’t take it for granted. Here he was twenty-four years old; almost twenty-five and he’d seen it all. Nick had seen things someone his age should never have to see, but also done some pretty amazing things as well, all because he was a Backstreet Boy.

There were downsides associated with being a Backstreet Boy though, a lot of unexpected things, having his face plastered all over the walls of young girls rooms, loads of underwear and other things thrown at him on stage, phone numbers, and proposals of marriage. He loved it though, what guy wouldn’t? It was also easy he found, to be with someone for a little fun without the worries of being in some deep relationship, which was nice for him since he couldn’t really commit to anything at this point. No ties, no strings, no nothing. He knew it wasn’t the best thing, but it was all he could do right now. Fans thought they knew, but they had no idea what it was like, the temptation he’d given into time and time again. He wasn’t a bad person, no, he really wasn’t. He was a man, with a man’s urges. Let’s face it, it took will power to turn them down, will power he didn’t always have. Now he didn’t always take part in the illicit affairs, sometimes he just didn’t feel like it, sometimes he knew it was wrong and could stop himself, other times he couldn’t. He’d pay the price for it later he was sure, until then though…

Groaning he remembered he had to call up his publicist Laurie and talk to her about the itinerary for London, God he didn’t want to but he knew it had to be done. Heading into the kitchen, he once again grabbed the phone and dialed.