- Text Size +
Chapter 34


“So when can we expect the new album?”

“Hopefully at the end of this year or early next year,” Kevin smiled, waving at a few people as he made his way in with the rest of the guys.

“Brian over here!”

“Howie, over here please!”

There were numerous flashes and the roar of the crowds as the guys waved before making their way into the building. The lobby buzzed with the sounds of people talking and more cameras going off. The guys filtered into the large auditorium, finding their designated seats.

Nick hated these things, he really didn’t like all the cameras in his face, generally he dealt with it like he had the past ten plus years. There was a time and place for everything. This was definitely one of those times, but with everything going on with him, he didn’t feel like being here. He wanted to be home in bed watching the game, hell he wanted to be anywhere but here.

He looked around casually as the guys all started talking amongst themselves. He really should be making some kind of effort, but he felt like the odd man out for some reason. They all seemed so happy and their lives seemed to be falling into place, he envied that and he didn’t want to have to hear about it.

“Nick? Hey Nick…”

“What Kev?”

“How ya doing? How ya holding up with everything that’s been going on?”

“I’m fine.”

“Ya know, you don’t have to pretend with me…with us Nick. It’s cool ya know.”

Nick turned to look at him; “I’m not.”

“So then what? You’re not pretending, then what are you doing?”

“I’m sitting here waiting for this damn thing to start.”

Kevin rolled his eyes; “You know what I meant, stop being such a smartass.”

“I told you I was fine, drop it Kev.”

“You’re ok with just acting like everything is fine?”

“I’m not acting.”

“Nick…”

“Kevin stop it! Just drop it already!” Nick spat.

“Nick, we’re just worried about you,” Brian offered softly.

Nick turned, looking at Brian who sat on his other side, glaring at him, “Well don’t, I’m fine I said. Leave it alone.”

AJ rolled his eyes, looking towards the stage as Howie shook his head.

He couldn’t wait for this to be over, he couldn’t wait to get away from them.