- Text Size +
Chapter 37


“Hello?”

“He emailed me. I left my email address in the last letter and he emailed me Lynne! Can you fuckin’ believe that?”

“No shit? Wow, so what’d he say?”

“He said he wanted to give me his personal email address and that he’d written me another letter and then he asked if I just wanted to keep in touch through emails, that it’d be a lot easier that way. Of course, that’s what I’d said in my last letter.”

“Mmmhmm, so what’s his address?”

“I can’t say.”

“Why not? It’s not like I’m gonna go and email him or something.”

“I can’t Lynne, I’d be breaking that trust.”

“So you’re sure it’s him then?”

“I didn’t say that.”

“Well then, if you’re not sure it’s him, then it should be no problem for you to give me his address.”

“Nope.”

“You exhaust me.”

“I know!” Veronica giggled.

“Anyway, what else did he say?”

“That was it basically, he said if he can expect to hear from me, he’ll check his mail more often, and then I wrote him back.”

“So are you gonna keep in touch through emails?”

“Of course! It’ll be so much quicker, though I will miss the letters though.”

“Ya can’t have your cake and eat it too.”

“I guess not.”

Lynne was silent for a moment before blurting out, “Just give me a hint! Is it something really easy?”

Veronica groaned, “I’m hanging up now Lynne, I’ll call you later in the week.”

“Bitch.”

“Love you too! Bye!”

“Bye” Lynne grumbled before hanging up.

Veronica shook her head, staring back at the computer screen. What if he’d written back? Would he be online right now? Signing back on, she quickly checked her mail to see that he had not responded. Of course he hadn’t, she just sent the email an hour ago, it wasn’t like he was sitting there waiting for her response. Pushing away from the desk, she stood. She’d do some work to take her mind off it.

Walking out her room, she started to pick up, every time she past her room, she glanced at her computer. Heading back into the living room, she started organizing the table and then went into the kitchen to do the dishes. After dusting the furniture, she went to the closet to get the vacuum out, her gaze again resting just inside her room, on her computer. Who was she kidding?

Hurrying back in, she went to her email and clicked on the compose button.