- Text Size +
Chapter 54


Heaving a sigh, Veronica waited to connect to the internet, rubbing at her forehead wearily, her head was pounding. It’d been a lousy day at work. More than once she had wanted to burst into tears. Customers had been at their worst all day; she wouldn’t be surprised if she ended up getting written up.

Heading over to Yahoo, she clicked to check her mail, signing in. She quickly deleted the junk mail and then read over the others, coming to Nick’s last. A small smile formed on her lips as she opened and started to read.

Date: Mon, Nov 17 2004 6:45:05 -2000 (GMT)
From: chucktaylor11@aol.com
Subject: When I’ll be on
To: freesialover@yahoo.com

Hey! It’s me. Just wanted to say and see what’s up. Thanks for the email, I enjoyed chatting last night too. Ummm, I’m gonna be goin’ out tonight for a bit, but I should be on when I get back. Probably around the same time as last night. I should be able to staye up later tho, I don’t have to be up as early tomorrow.

Sooo, I hope to talk to ya later tonight/this morning.

Lata,

Nick


Veronica looked down at the clock, eight, which meant it was about two over there. It was a little later than last time, but maybe he was on. Opening her buddy list, she brought up a blank IM box and found his name from the list and quickly typed a hello and hit send. He must be online because no message came on saying otherwise. Figuring he wasn’t at his computer, she minimized the box and decided to catch up on some work that had to be done on her site. About ten minutes later, she was right in the midst of uploading something into the server, when the familiar sound from the IM box blared through her speakers. Quickly she clicked on the box, the IM opening.

Chucktaylor11: hey!
Freesialover: Nick, hi!
Chucktaylor11: sorry bout that, just got out the shower. sup?
Freesialover: Oh nothing, just hanging out, messing around a bit. How are you?
Chucktaylor11: I’m alright, just got back.
Freesialover: Yeah? That’s right you said in your email that you were going out. Did you have fun?
Chucktaylor11: yeah it was alright.
Freesialover: So what’d you do today?
Chucktaylor11: all kinds of shit. I had a photoshoot, radio interviews, magazine interviews.
Freesialover: Wow, when’d you finish?
Chucktaylor11: At about six.
Freesialover: Long day huh?
Chucktaylor11: Yeah, I mean, it’s good and all, but god, it’s not like I can enjoy anything.
Freesialover: That sucks.
Chucktaylor11: It does, but it’s all worth it I guess. I can always come back on vacation if I really wanna.
Freesialover: True. So, where’d you go tonight?
Chucktaylor11: Went to some clubs with AJ and Howie.
Freesialover: Cool, wow, AJ and Howie.
Chucktaylor11: lol yeah
Freesialover: How are they?
Chucktaylor11: they’re good, real good actually. We’re all glad to be out here doin’ our thing again ya know.
Freesialover: Well us fans are glad you’re doing your thing again too! LOL

Nick smiled, he was glad to hear that. He ran his hand through his damp hair, yawning. Turning his head he watched as the girl gathered up the rest of her stuff and started for the door. She stopped at the door, giving him a wink before heading out. Slumping back in the chair, he ran a hand over his face. Standing he grabbed his laptop and made his way over to the disheveled bed, sitting, wishing he could change the sheets.

Sighing he focused his attention back to the screen.

Chucktaylor11: so tell me now, how was your day?
Freesialover: Ugh, don’t ask.
Chucktaylor11: That bad huh?
Freesialover: The worst. I hate days like this, makes me hate my job even more than I already do.
Chucktaylor11: Aww sweetie, I’m sorry to hear that. What happened?
Freesialover: Oh it’s just customers. You can’t please em no matter what and they’re so quick to wanna complain about every little thing. I’m sick of taking their shit.
Chucktaylor11: *Frowns*
Freesialover: Sorry, I’m sorry to lay all this on you.
Chucktaylor11: Hey don’t be sorry, its aight, ya gotta get it out. I wanted to know.

Veronica smiled, it was nice of him to put up with her ranting. She always felt bad telling everyone else about it, it seemed she was always complaining to them.

Chucktaylor11: Ya gotta try to let it go, forget it. They a bunch of assholes anyway.
Freesialover: Easier said than done.
Chucktaylor11: I know, but ya gotta try.
Freesialover: I will, talking to you helps.
Chucktaylor11: I’m glad to hear that! *Smiles* Freesialover: Well let’s go back to you. How were the interviews and stuff? Man I can’t even imangine doing that kinda stuff.
Chucktaylor11: eh, it’s boring really. Same old questions over and over, it’s kinda frustrating. I always hope for something fresh and original.
Freesialover: Yeah, fans get tired of the same questions too.
Chucktaylor11: Glad I’m not the only one.
Freesialover: LOL you’re not!
Chucktaylor11: I have hope that it’ll happen one day.
Freesialover: Heh heh. So, do you have any time off? Any days that you guys can do what you want?
Chucktaylor11: not really, we’re usually busy during the day, but we have the evenings so it’s not so bad.
Freesialover: I guess that’s better than nothing.
Chucktaylor11: yeah, I kinda gotta take what ican get.

Nick stifled another yawn, he didn’t want to sleep, but after the previous exertions, he was finding it harder and harder to stay awake. Shifting, he felt something below him, sliding his hand under his thigh, he pulled out the used condom wrapper which was stuck his leg and groaned, tossing it into the garbage can beside him. There really had to be a way for him to get some clean sheets.

Chucktaylor11: Do you work tomorrow?
Freesialover: Nah I’m off, I’m so glad.
Chucktaylor11: Good, I think you should do something to relax.
Freesialover: Yeah, I may just go to the mall or go visit my friend at work or something.
Chucktaylor11: sounds like a good idea. Buy yourself something nice.
Freesialover: Lol, maybe I will.
Chucktaylor11: yeah, email me and let me know what ya get ok?
Freesialover: Sure!
Chucktaylor11: Alright, I think I’m gonna go, I don’t wanna, but fuck I’m sleepy.
Freesialover: Aww alright.
Chucktaylor11: I’m sorry honey. We’ll talk again soon.
Freesialover: That’s alright, try to get some sleep, I’m sure you’ve got an early start tomorrow.
Chucktaylor11: Not really, not as early as today, so I can sleep in a bit.
Freesialover: That’s good.
Chucktaylor11: yeah, I’m pretty excited lol
Freesialover: It’s the little things
Chucktaylor11: it really is. But hey, you take care.
Freesialover: I will, you too.
Chucktaylor11: Ok, I’ll try to email you if I can.
Freesialover: Alright, no rush. Talk to ya later Nick
Chucktaylor11: Goodnight Veronica
Freesialover: Night Nick!
Chucktaylor11 signed off at 9:42:16 PM

Veronica smiled, she really enjoyed that. He was so easy to talk to. She quickly finished up and shut down. She was anxious to talk to him again, hopefully it wouldn’t be too long.

Nick shut his laptop down and set it on the floor next to the bed, he was too lazy to put it back in the case, he’d do it in the morning. Turning he flopped down onto the pillows, groaning. It was too late to call someone and get fresh sheets and he really didn’t feel like dealing with anyone. Sighing heavily, he kicked the sheets down on the bed, grabbing the blanket that had been shoved roughly to the side in an attempt for his knees to gain more purchase on the mattress. It had been left unscathed. Quickly he unfolded it over himself, flipping the pillow around before resting his head on it. He couldn’t wait to go home.