- Text Size +
Chapter 74


“Yeah, so I was thinking of coming in July, is that ok? Yeah, great, so I can start making the plans then…ok yeah. Alright I love you too, tell Grams I said hi, alright, bye,” Nick hung up and walked over to his laptop, sitting at his desk he went to his email and typed Veronica a quick email asking her to IM him when she got home.

After shutting down, he grabbed his wallet and headed downstairs, getting his keys and heading out to rehearsals.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

At Rehearsals…

“Take ten guys,” the vocal coach called as she made her way out the room.

Nick looked at the guys and decided this was the best time as any to tell them.

“Hey guys, I’m gonna be going to New York for our two weeks off, gonna visit my grandparents.”

“What are you gonna do with them for two weeks? Most of the time you complain that you can barely find anything to do for one week,” Brian grinned.

“Well I’m only gonna be with them for one week,” Nick explained.

“Oh? Where are you gonna be for the other week?” Howie asked, taking a drink from his water bottle.

“With a friend,” he replied elusively.

“This wouldn’t happen to be that same friend from before would it?” Kevin questioned.

He said nothing.

“Who do you know in New York?” AJ pressed.

“I know a lot of people in New York.”

“So…is it this same girl?” Kevin countered.

Nick sighed, “Yeah it is.”

“What, is she another one of your fuck buddies?” AJ smirked.

“No she’s not! Shut up AJ! God,” Nick spat.

The four guys stared at him, a bit stunned.

“What?” Nick muttered, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

“Why are you so defensive?” Howie questioned, watching him intently.

“I’m not defensive. Did it ever occur to you all that I can be friends with a girl without it being physical?”

“No”, the four answered in unison.

Nick gave them a sour look, “Well I am, she’s a friend, that’s all.”

“I don’t believe it,” Kevin laughed.

“Well too bad, cause it’s true.”

“So…ok, she’s a friend. Are you gonna finally tell us her name?” Brian prodded.

Again he hesitated.

“C’mon Nick! What’s the big deal? It’s just her fuckin’ name!” AJ groaned.

“Veronica, her name is Veronica ok?” Nick exclaimed.

“There, was that so hard?” Brian laughed.

“Whatever.”

“So, is she looking forward to seeing you?” Howie asked.

“Where does she live in New York?” AJ questioned.

“How long have you two been friends?” Kevin smirked.

“Whoa stop, I’m not answering anymore questions, so just drop it ok?”

“What is it about this girl that you don’t want to tell? She’s more to you than just one of your many flings, so what is it then? What are you hiding Nick?” Kevin asked.

Nick stared at him, saying nothing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That Night…

Veronica clicked on her inbox and scanned through the emails, deleting the junk. She smiled when she saw an email from Nick. She clicked on it and read it, he wanted her to IM him as soon as she got the email. She pulled up a new IM box and found his name from the drop down list.

Freesialover: Nick?
Chucktaylor11: Hey!
Freesialover: What’s up? I got your email.
Chucktaylor11: Nothing really, just really wanted to talk to you.
Freesialover: Aww you’re so sweet!
Chucktaylor11: Thaaaaaaaat’s me!
Freesialover: Don’t let it go to your head, tho I think it’s too late.
Chucktaylor11: Hey!
Freesialover: :-)
Chucktaylor11: Yeah yeah, so what’s been going on? Anything exciting?
Freesialover: Nah not really, just getting ready for vacation in a couple weeks.
Chucktaylor11: Oh yeah, was gonna ask you about that. What are you gonna be doing for your birthday? Got anything planned?
Freesialover: Nothing really, gonna hang with my friends if they can, other than that, nothing. I might do something that weekend with my Mom. Not sure yet.
Chucktaylor11: How many days are you taking off?
Freesialover: Eight, the twenty first through the twenty eighth.
Chucktaylor11: Ahh that’s cool, well I hope you have fun.
Freesialover: Thanks!
Chucktaylor11: What’s the name of the store you work at again? And can I have the address?
Freesialover: Sure, what are you doing anyway?
Chucktaylor11: I wanna look it up online, see if I can see a pic of it or something.
Freesialover: Geeze it’s not that exciting trust me.
Chucktaylor11: So? I wanna see where you work. Besides I may wanna come and visit you at some point.

Her heart dropped, he had to be joking.

Freesialover: No way
Chucktaylor11: Seriously, I’m gonna be visiting my Grandparents in Jamestown really soon, I thought I’d swing by and meet you, if that’s ok. I’d let ya know first of course.
Freesialover: Well of course I wouldn’t mind, but I mean, wouldn’t that be out of your way? It’s a long way from Jamestown to Rochester.
Chucktaylor11: Eh, a few hours, not too bad. So, can I have the address?
Freesialover: Oh, yeah sure.

Veronica typed in the name and address of the store, her heart racing. Him come to see her? To actually meet her face to face? She felt her stomach start rolling, nausea rushing over her. She forced herself not to jump to conclusions, she was sure he simply didn’t have time to come see her, and why would he really want to? He had two weeks off, and she knew during that time he’d be getting ready for the tour, it just wouldn’t work out. He’d say he wanted to see her now, but he’d forget, she was sure of it.