- Text Size +
Chapter 134

“So hey, you gonna come and hang out right?” Nick asked.

“Yeah, let me shower and whatever first and I’ll be by.”

Nick nodded, giving AJ a quick wave before climbing into the van and speeding off. They’d just finished the concert and tonight was AJ’s birthday and he’d insisted that he wanted to stop by and hang out with Nick before he went out to celebrate.

Of course that was after AJ had tried to convince him to come out with him, normally Nick would be all for it, but he just wasn’t up to it tonight, just didn’t want to be bothered. That conversation had lasted a good twenty minutes and when AJ finally gave up, he insisted on hanging out before he went out. Sighing heavily, Nick made his way out of the van that had just stopped outside of the hotel they were staying at. With his bodyguard Tony in tow, he made his way through the small crowd of girls, scribbling his name quickly on liners and posters, flashing a quick smile as they made their way through the doors and over to the elevators.

A short time later, Nick was making his way out of the bathroom, dropping the towel from around his waist and pulling his boxers and then jeans on. Reaching out, he grabbed the TV remote and flipped the TV on, flopping down on the bed, sighing heavily. He really should go out, but he just didn’t feel like it. They’d already had a party for AJ before the concert so it’s not as if he’d be missing anything for not going, but he felt guilty.

Yawning loudly, Nick reached out, grabbing his cell phone from off of the nightstand, flipping it open. He could call her, it wasn’t that late. Shaking his head he flipped the phone closed and set it back down, he didn’t want to take the chance of possibly waking her up, just in case. God he couldn’t wait until February, it was only a few weeks away, but it felt longer. There was so much he wanted to do while she was there, so many people he wanted her to meet and so many things he wanted her to see.

Slowly he sat up; he really did want to call her, to hear her voice. A smile played on his lips, reaching out he grabbed his phone again, flipping it open and starting to press the button, when there was a knock at his door. Sighing, he closed the phone again, tossing it down on the bed this time before standing and making his way over to the door, looking through the peephole.

“Yo Chaos…open up man.”

“Yeah yeah,” Nick muttered, unlocking the door and flinging it open.

AJ walked in and over to the bed, flopping down.

“Shit, I’m beat.”

Nick shut and locked the door again, making his way over to the bed, sitting.

“I still don’t get why you’re here and not out at some clubs or something.”

“Nah man, the good clubs don’t start picking up till late anyway, shit, it’s only what…ten? Too early yet, I‘ll go out in a little while.”

“Ya know AJ, you really don’t have to stay with me, I’m gonna be pretty boring tonight, watch a little TV, play some Xbox and then probably go to bed.”

AJ looked up at him, “You tryin’ to kick me out or something?”

Nick rolled his eyes, “No I’m not, I’m just sayin’, this can’t be much fun for you.”

“It’s fine, besides, I wanted to find out what’s wrong with you.”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“I mean what’s wrong with you here lately? You went from being overly depressed, to really excited to like…all pensive and spacey.”

“Nothing’s wrong, and I’m not spacey.”

“Mmm, anyway, so yeah. I’m not used to seeing you thinking so much,” AJ smirked.

“Fuck you AJ.”

AJ cleared his throat, biting back a smile, “But seriously, you ok? I mean, sometimes you look so…sad.”

He hesitated a moment, looking at the TV when he spoke, “I miss Veronica, really miss her. I mean, shit, it‘s really starting to bother me. ”

“Well fuck, it’s about damn time.”

Nick looked down at him suddenly, “It’s…it’s not a big deal or anything but, like…talking on the phone doesn’t seem to be enough anymore.”

AJ stared at him and Nick squirmed, looking at the TV again.

“So?”

“So what?”

“What are you going to do about it?”

“I dunno.”

“You don’t know? God Nick, well…are you gonna go see her again?”

“No…actually she’s coming to Florida to visit me after the tour.”

AJ’s eyes widened in surprise, “Really?”

Nick smiled suddenly, “Yeah, and I can’t wait.”

AJ studied him intently.

Nick looked at him again, “What?”

“Why don’t you two just start dating exclusively?”

He stilled, staring at AJ blankly.

AJ raised his eyebrows, “What?”

“I…we couldn’t do that.”

“Why not?”

“Cause she knows how I am, she knows about my past, fuck, I tried to screw her and use her when I was there. There’s no way in hell we…no, no way, she‘d never trust me.”

AJ continued to watch him silently.

“Besides, we’re friends, friends don’t date,” Nick rationalized.

AJ sat up suddenly, his eyes flashing, “Screw you Nick. I’m sick and tired of hearing you whine and complain about missing her and wanting to be with her and not wanting to do anything about it. You sure as hell don’t act like a guy who wants to be just friends.”

“AJ…”

“And this shit about her knowing your past and whatever, so? Damn if she really found you that appalling, she wouldn’t be your friend, hell she never woulda slept with you would she?”

“Well I…”

“Stop making excuses Nick. You almost lost her before and you got lucky, well damn she’s right there, well she will be, you’ve got another chance, don’t blow it this time. Alright, I’m outta here, got clubs to go to and women to meet, later man.” He grinned, slipping off the bed and sauntering out.

Nick flopped back on the bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking about what AJ had said. It wasn’t that easy, it just wasn’t. Their relationship was complicated; it wasn’t like other relationships he’d been in. He didn’t want to hurt her, she was too special. Still the thought of dating her, of being able to call her his girlfriend sent a small shiver of excitement through his body.

Shaking his head, he closed his eyes, it would never happen.