- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Alright, the song in this chapter I loved the first time I heard it and used in my story before it was released. Unfortunately everyone that I asked about it, hadn't heard it at the time and wasn't into her music. It's by Gwen Stefani and it's her new single "4 In The Morning". I was so surprised when I found out it was her current single! This song is PERFECT for these two and I was so excited when I was writing this chapter because I just couldn't get over how this song described these two and their relationship. It could be from either point of view I think, but I chose to use V. In anycase, I don't wanna keep suggesting people to get songs, but if you happen to catch it on the radio, or if you have her current cd (which is AMAZING by the way ;0) ) you might wanna listen to the song while reading.

Anyway, enjoy all!
Chapter 149

Her eyes slowly fluttered opened and she let out a long sigh. The events of the previous evening came rushing back suddenly and she stilled, realizing that her face was buried in a very warm, very masculine smelling neck. Groaning, she pulled away, rubbing at her eyes. The sun was starting to come up, casting a soft glow in the room. She brought her gaze over to the man sleeping next to her and smiled.

Turning, she slipped out of the bed, finding her robe and quickly slipping it on before heading into his bathroom. Veronica shut the door and slumped against it. What a night, what an everything. She couldn’t deny that she was pleased with how everything had gone. Last night had been amazing, it made her understand why she could never be intimate with Jared, it wouldn’t have been right. She was comfortable with Nick, and while she knew she couldn’t be comfortable with anyone else without giving herself the opportunity to, she finally let herself admit that she didn’t want to become comfortable with anyone else.

Taking a fortifying breath, she quickly used the bathroom, washed her hands and made her way out. Looking around, she grabbed the lingerie and quickly slipped it back on before sliding back under the covers, rolling onto her side.

Waking up to find another day, the moon got lost again last night. But now the sun has finally had it’s say…I guess I feel alright. But it hurts when I think, when I let it sink in. It’s all over me I know you’re here, in the dark I’m watching you sleep, it hurts a lot.

She watched as he slept a small smile on her lips. He really amazed her, his capacity to give and his ability to care so much really floored her. She’d admit that in the beginning when they first started talking and when they’d finally met, she’d expected him to be jaded and come across as if everyone owed him something because he was famous. She’d been so surprised that he’d been just the opposite.

Looking around, she took in every aspect of his room, wondering how she’d gotten here. It’d been almost two years since they started talking, and she was still living the dream. It almost seemed possible that it wasn’t going to be ending soon, that maybe it was real.

Veronica couldn’t imagine him not in her life in some way. She’d gotten so used to talking to him, to hearing from him. Somehow, he’d become a very important part of her life without her realizing. She found she wanted to trust him, wanted to tell him things that she didn’t tell anyone else. She wanted to be close to him and near him, and it scared her.

What hurt though, was the fact that she didn’t know. Didn’t know how he felt other than he liked her, that they were friends. Not that she could even begin to let her mind wrap around the possibility that there could ever be more.

The thought that someone else, a girl could be where she is right now and know that she’s his girlfriend, made something inside her ache.

And all I know is you’ve got to give me everything…and nothing less cause you know I’d give you all of me. I’d give you everything that I am, I’m handing over everything that I’ve got. Cause I wanna have a really true love, don’t ever wanna have to go and give you up.
Stay up 'til four in the morning and the tears are pouring and I wanna make it worth the fight. What've we been doing for all this time, baby if we’re gonna do it come on do it right.


Slowly she sat up, running her hands through her hair, trying to stop that feeling as if she couldn’t breathe. The fact that everything could change, be taken from her in an instant scared her to death. Turning her head, she looked down at him, suddenly feeling very helpless and small. Who was she kidding? A deli worker from New York going out with a celebrity? It just didn’t happen and yet she’d found herself starting to believe it could.

Veronica pushed her palms into her eyes, growling in frustration. It was exactly what she didn’t want to have happen, set herself up for heartbreak that was inevitable. Rejection sucked, but it’d suck even worse coming from Nick of all people.

All I wanted was to know I'm safe, don’t wanna lose the love I found. Remember when you said that you would change? Don’t let me down. It’s not fair, how you are, I can’t be complete, can you give me more?

Smiling a bit, she reached out, brushing his hair out of his eyes, sighing softly. He’d changed so much, grown over the last few years. She’d been thrilled when he’d brought her to meet his siblings and he’d told her that he was trying to connect with them more. She’d been very proud of him and all that he accomplished.

Lying back down, she stared up at the ceiling, trying to remember and savor every moment. It seemed impossible; there was so much to remember. Rolling back onto her side, she carefully moved in closer to him, desperate to hold onto the moment, to hold onto the feelings that he invoked in her. Frowning, she looked away, wishing desperately she still had the will power that she had that one night when she tried to put distance between them

And all I know is you’ve got to give me everything…and nothing less cause you know I’d give you all of me. I’d give you everything that I am, I’m handing over everything that I’ve got.Cause I wanna have a really true love, don’t ever wanna have to go and give you up.
Stay up 'til four in the morning and the tears are pouring and I wanna make it worth the fight. What've we been doing for all this time, baby if we’re gonna do it come on do it right.


“Hey…”

She jerked her head up to find Nick staring at her.

“Nick…”

“You ok?” He asked, his voice low and heavy with sleep.

“Huh? Oh yeah, I’m fine, just trying to get back to sleep.”

“You weren’t planning on leaving me here all alone were you?” He smirked.

Veronica brought her gaze to his, “No” she said softly.

Oh please, you know what I need. Save all your loving for me, we can’t escape the love with everything that you have.

He tilted his head, watching her closely. “Good. Now…c’mere,” he pulled her close to him, wrapping his arm around her, rubbing her back gently. “Try to relax,” he whispered in her ear.

She smiled, swallowing against the lump that had started to form in her throat, fighting back the tears that threatened. No, she wouldn’t leave, she’d stay for as long as he’d let her.

Closing her eyes, she breathed in his scent. A few moments later, they were both asleep.

And all I know is you’ve got to give me everything…and nothing less cause you know I’d give you all of me. I’d give you everything that I am, I’m handing over everything that I’ve got.Cause I wanna have a really true love, don’t ever wanna have to go and give you up.
Stay up 'til four in the morning and the tears are pouring and I wanna make it worth the fight. What've we been doing for all this time, baby if we’re gonna do it come on do it right.


4 In The Morning - by Gwen Stefani