- Text Size +
Chapter 5


“Thanks so much for the interview Nick, be on the look out for the article with in the next few weeks,” the woman smiled.

Nick nodded, shaking her hand, “My pleasure, thanks again.”

Turning, Nick made his way out the room, his bodyguard in tow. Luckily this was his last interview before he left for London in a few days; he could spend the last few days making sure all was organized.

“The photo shoot should only last an hour and a half from what I was told,” his bodyguard announced as they made their way out the building and into the waiting van.

Nick sighed; he really was getting tired of all this. It all seemed to run together now, the same photo shoots, the same poses, the same shit all the time. As if to remind him he couldn’t get out of it, his cell went off, ringing obnoxiously. Generally Nick didn’t answer his phone, but pulling it out of his pocket and turning it over, he found it was his manger from Jive and reluctantly took the call.

“Hello?”

“Nick? I’m glad I caught you. I just wanted to remind you that you have to drop off that autographed stuff off at the office before next Wednesday, it’s important,” Scott his manager announced.

Shit, he’d forgotten about that!

“I know, I didn’t forget.”

Scott didn’t need to know that.

“Well good, I just wanted to make sure you knew. I’ll talk to ya later, I gotta run.”

The line went dead and he stuffed his phone back in his pocket, slumping back in the seat. Nick didn’t want to go to this shoot, he wanted to go home and he wanted a vacation. A short time later, they pulled into the parking lot of the building, piling out.

“You look like shit man,” his bodyguard teased as he ushered Nick in.

“Gee, thanks,” Nick deadpanned, groaning when his phone rang again. “It’d better not be Scott again.” Turning the phone over he saw that it was his Sister and immediately took the call. “Les?”

“Hey Nick.”

“Hey girl, what’s up?” He asked as they made their way into the elevator.

“Nothing, just thought I’d call and see what was going on, what you were up to.”

“Actually, I’m on my way to a photo shoot.”

“Oh, sounds cool.”

“It’s not, same boring crap really.”

“Yeah.”

“Come on Les, what’s up? I know there’s something wrong, I can tell.”

“No, there’s nothing wrong really, just…kinda wanted to hear your voice ya know? I miss you.”

Nick frowned, he really needed to get over and see her.

“I know, I’m real sorry, I’ve been so busy.”

It was a bad excuse, one she didn’t deserve, but it was the truth.

“I hope you can stop by sometime, I’d really love to see you, so would everyone else. I just…I need to get out of this house for a while.”

Nick sighed; she seemed to be having a harder time than any of his other Sisters, or his Brother.

“I know, I’m gonna try real hard to get over there before I leave for London next week.”

“Oh that’s right, I forgot you’re going to London,” Leslie whispered.

“It’s only for a month, it’ll go by fast.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“I’m gonna try my best to get there Les, I promise.”

“I know Nick, I understand.”

He stopped by the door of the studio, motioning to the photographer to hold on.

“I’m sorry Les I gotta jet, they’re getting ready to call me in.”

“Ok, I’ll talk to you later then.”

“Ok, I love you.”

“I love you too,” she whispered before hanging up.

Nick flipped the phone closed and sighed, he felt like shit. She needed him, they all did and he didn’t have the time to go and see them. That was always the case, but damnit he’d make time now, he’d be there.

Sighing heavily, Nick made his way through the door and into the studio.