- Text Size +
How long had she been sitting there? Too long. Grabbing her purse, Brianna stood up and began to push Kyra through the mall. After her blowup with Kevin, he left and said he didn’t know exactly when he would be back, so she left too. And she came to the only place she could think of.

“You ready to go home, sweetie?” she asked her daughter who only stared back with big green eyes. “Maybe your Daddy has cooled off a little.”

Walking past the KB Toys, Brianna decided to take a look inside just for the heck of it. She was just browsing around when she heard someone approach her.

“Do you need some help finding anything?”

Turning to face the helpful clerk, she found herself staring into a pair of brilliant blue eyes. “Uh…no thanks,” she smiled. “I’m just looking around.”

“Well, let me know if you need anything, okay?” he smiled politely.

She quickly checked his nametag before he could walk away. “Thanks, Jon.”




Julie glanced up from her book when her doorbell rang, wondering who it could be. She wasn’t expecting company and most of her friends were working. “Just a sec,” she called as she turned down the corner of the page she was reading and went to open the door. “Duckie, what are you doing here?”

Leaning in for a hug, Brian smiled and shrugged. “I was in the neighborhood.”

“Yeah right,” she snorted and stepped aside for him to come inside. “You had to come an awful long way to be in the neighborhood.”

“Yeah, well, so what?” he asked with a doofy grin and made himself comfortable on the sofa.

“You want something to drink?” Julie asked.

“No, I’m okay. So, you seem to be having a wild night with Nora Roberts,” he grinned again.

“Yep. I figured I would read since the only thing on TV lately is crap. I’m sick of reality shows.”

“Oh, yeah, I know what you mean,” Brian said twiddling his thumbs. “So…”

“What’s the matter Duckie?” Julie asked a little concerned by his lack of conversation. This wasn’t like him.

“Nothing…I was just wondering…” his voice trailed off. Man, what is wrong with me? Why am I so nervous?

“Yeah…” Julie raised her eyebrows.

“Well, I’m going to New York in a couple of days and I was just wondering if maybe you’d wanna come with?” he asked quickly.

“Oh, well, Duckie…I dunno,” the surprise in her voice was obvious. “I’ve got work and Mocha…I just can’t drop everything, you know?”

“Yeah, yeah…I know…it was dumb of me to think that you could,” he sputtered as his cheeks began to redden.

“Oh, no, Duckie…I really would love to go. That would be so much fun, but I know I could never get those vacation days off with such short notice. I’m really sorry I can’t go with you because I know it would be fun. I haven’t been to New York since high school.”

Brian felt better instantly. Phew…okay, so it’s not because she just doesn’t wanna be around me… “Well, I’ll have to take you sometime when you get the days off.”

“That would be awesome!” she said with a broad grin and a twinkle of excitement in her eyes.




“Hey, yo, D!” AJ greeted as Howie exited the plane. “How’s it goin’?”

“Not too bad,” Howie smiled genuinely, glad to see his friend. “What’s up man? You look rushed?”

“Yeah, you could say that,” AJ chuckled. “I need your help with something man.”

“Sure,” Howie nodded. “Anything.”

“Can you pick Bianca up from the Virgin Mega Store for me? She’s got a quick signing to do so you’ll probably have to wait.”

“Yeah, no problem. Can I ask why?”

“I’ve got something I have to do. And make sure you have the radio on this station,” AJ said and crammed a slip of paper and his keys into Howie’s hand. “Man, I owe you BIG time!”

Howie watched in amusement as AJ hailed a cab and disappeared inside. “Okay, Miss Parker…time to get you then.”

Changing the radio to the station AJ had scrawled sloppily onto the piece of paper, Howie listened as the song ended and the DJ greeted her loyal listeners.

“Okay people, we’re here with Bianca Parker talking about her new tour and a few other things,” the woman said laughing slightly. “So, Bianca…first and foremost, I’ve gotta put these rumors to rest…” Howie heard Bianca chuckle before the DJ continued. “Are you and Mr. AJ McLean the hottest couple in the music world?”

“Well, I know I’ve been saying the same thing all day, but I had a little talk with AJ before I came here. We both agreed that it won’t be a secret much longer, so to kill all these rumors. Yes, we are dating.”

“Well, that is good to hear…I was sick of hearing the ‘we’re just friends’ bit,” the DJ joked. “No, seriously…I think it’s great and congrats. So, what big plans do you have in store for this summer?”

Howie smiled as the interview continued on. He knew it would only be a matter of time before AJ and Bianca fessed up to what the whole world already suspected. “Maybe this trip is gonna be a good one after all.”




“Howie! What are you doing here?” Bianca cried and threw her arms tightly around his neck. “You look great!”

“Well, thank you…I have to say, you don’t look so bad yourself,” he grinned, a sincere grin. “AJ met me and asked me to pick you up. He said he had some stuff to do.”

“Oh,” she sounded disappointed. “Not that I don’t love you, but I was looking forward to hearing what he had to say about my last interview.”

“I think he’d be proud…you handled it well.”

His wink made her laugh. “So you heard?”

“Every word. Congratulations, by the way,” he said.

“Thanks,” she blushed a little. “I’m glad AJ wanted me to tell them the truth. It feels good to know that we don’t have to sneak around anymore.”

“Okay, Miss Parker,” someone said coming up to her. “We’re ready to get you out there.”

Nodding, she flashed Howie a grin and followed the man.

*A Little Later*

“Okay, you ready to hit the road?” Howie asked as Bianca made her way back over to him.

“Yeah, you can just drop me off at my hotel. I’m at the Grand Hyatt.”

“All right,” he nodded and maneuvered his way through the traffic. He hated driving in New York City, but part of him didn’t mind. “So, what’s on your agenda this week?”

“Tons of stuff…more interviews on Thursday…mostly on TV though. I got most of the radio stuff done today and tomorrow I don’t have much planned. Thursday and Friday are my big days. Hey, I thought that you guys weren’t supposed to be here for another few days.”

“Oh, no, we aren’t actually scheduled to be here until Thursday, but I wanted to come early and relax a little before we hit the studio,” he answered as he pulled up to the back entrance of the hotel.

Bianca grinned as her door opened and she was greeted by Madd Dog, her personal body guard. “Well, hey there big man.”

“Yeah, yeah,” he said and helped her out of the vehicle. “You know, I shouldn’t have let you leave with him cause you could’ve gotten my ass in trouble.”

“Well, you love me anyway,” she said and punched him lightly on his massive arm.

Laughing, he slung the same huge arm around her neck and gave her a noogie. “Yeah, that and the fact that AJ bribed me to let you leave with Howie.”

Bianca scowled and shoved his hands away from her head. “Hey! Don’t touch the hair!”

“Man, you’ve gotta stop hanging around AJ,” Howie laughed and got back into the car. “I’ll see you later, Bean.”

“Okay,” she smiled and went to the driver’s side of the car. She placed a soft kiss on his cheek and grinned, “Thanks for the ride.”

“Any time.”




Bianca looked over at Madd Dog and laughed at his business like demeanor. He was standing with his legs slightly spread facing the front of the elevator and his arms were crossed tightly across his chest. He looked like one of the President’s secret agents instead of her bodyguard. “Do you ever smile?”

“It’s not in my contract,” his voice was serious, though Bianca knew it was a joke.

“You’re a hoot, really,” she cocked an eyebrow and faced the front of the elevator. It was only a second before the silence got to be too much for her. “What do you mean, AJ bribed you to let me leave with Howie?”

Madd Dog chuckled and shrugged.

“Oh, come on…I know you know why, so why don’t you just spill it?” When she got no response from him, she just huffed. “Fine…be that way.”

Finally, the elevator stopped on her floor and she made her way to her room. Poking her tongue out at Madd Dog she stopped at her door. “You’ll be sorry for not telling me.” Opening her door, she walked into the large suite and dropped her things on the table, noticing a white envelope with her name scribbled across the front. Lifting it from the table, she carefully opened it and removed the piece of paper inside.

Go to the refrigerator…

“So, I’m on a scavenger hunt now?” she smirked and walked into the kitchen opening the refrigerator. Inside, there was a bottle of champagne with another slip of paper taped to the front.

Check out the coffee table…

Taking the bottle of champagne and going over to the sitting area, she saw there was a bouquet of an assortment of flowers on top. Yet another slip of paper was attached.

You’re getting close…almost finished, I swear…head on into the bedroom…

Smiling to herself, she entered the bedroom and found two champagne glasses with what she guessed was her final clue.

Bring the goodies and meet me on the balcony…

By now, Bianca couldn’t hide the smile plastered on her face. Walking onto the balcony, she saw that it was covered in rose petals and candles. And standing right in front of her, looking like a prince, was AJ. He looked like he was ready for a gala in his tux.

“I didn’t think you’d ever get here,” he grinned and pulled her close. His hands traveled down her back settling on the curve of her hip and his lips crushed against hers. “So, how is all this?”

“AJ, this is the single most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me.”

“Good...” he smiled and opened the bottle of champagne. Pouring a little in each glass, he lifted his. “To us…”

“I’ll drink to that,” she smiled and took a sip.

Suddenly, AJ took the glass out of her hand and guided her to the chair on the other side of the balcony. “Have a seat.” Bianca obeyed and watched with curious eyes as AJ pulled the other chair over and sat in front of her.

“I’m really glad we’re ‘official’,” he smiled as he traced her palm with his finger. “It really takes a lot off my mind. And I just thought we should celebrate tonight.”

Bianca smiled and reached out a hand to cup his face. “This is all too much.”

“Well, there’s something else that’s been on my mind.”

“What?”

Before Bianca knew what was happening, AJ had slipped off his chair onto one knee and pulled a black velvet box out of his jacket pocket. As the reality of the situation began to sink in, her eyes widened and her breathing quickened. Her heart began to hammer wildly in her chest and her throat suddenly became very dry.

“We’ve known each other now for a while…and I know that we haven’t always gotten along, but you have to admit, there’s always been something between us. I tried to fight it, but I couldn’t and I’m glad of that. I do know one thing…you have changed my life more than I ever though possible. In the last five months I have realized how good it feels to truly love someone and I wanna spend the rest of my life waking up to that. I want to wake up every morning and see you smiling back at me…I wanna make love to you every night and know that this is how it will be forever,” he said, tears shining in his eyes. Looking down only to open the box, he held it up so Bianca could see. “Will you make me the happiest man on earth and say you’ll be my wife?”