- Text Size +
13
I found myself quickly jumping behind Kevin when Jim walked in. Actually it was more like he exploded in. He had three huge bags with him. I didn't take that as a very good sign, to me it signaled that we were going to be there for a long time. At least I wasn't the only one that almost jumped out of my skin when he came in. I looked over to see Brian holding his heart and both AJ and Howie looked perfectly pale. Kevin was the only one that didn't seem to flinch. I think he felt he needed to prove himself. I just hoped that he wouldn't try to hard. I needed a healthy Kevin.

When Jim saw the surprised and scared looks on our faces he seemed more than a little pleased. He threw the bags on the floor and proceeded to the table were he sat down.

He had left the door opened. I know I wasn't the only one that noticed that, we were all looking towards the door.

"Don't bother boys, Jeremy is right behind me" About two seconds after he said that in walked his little side kick.

"Here's the rest of it" Jeremy said just about pushing me out of the way and dropping the bags to the ground.

"What is all this stuff?" Kevin asked in as stern a voice as he could muster. I knew it was hard for him. I knew he was as scared as I was.

"These are things I couldn't give you yesterday. Well I guess I could have if you had all cooperated with me, but since I had to carry that idiot" He said pointing to me, "We couldn't give you things you probably needed, like candles and flashlights"

I couldn't help but smile when he mentioned the two light sources. Maybe tonight wouldn't be so scary afterall.

"When the hell do you plan on letting us go Jim? This is ridiculous" Kevin again. He got right up into the man's face when he said that one. Jim didn't miss a beat, he stood face to face with Kevin and smiled.

"Aw, tough guy wants another go round?"

"Kev, easy man" AJ warned in a calming voice.

"That's okay AJ, Kevin's not going to do anything are you son?"

"Let us go! This is insane"

"Kevin, you must be patient. You are on a nice little vacation besides what better way to get to know each other right?" He shoved Kevin back after he said that and Kevin not expecting the jolt, fell to the floor.

I don't know why, but I found myself enraged once again and felt the need to say something, "You are a big assed bully!"

Jim turned around amused. "That was just too cute" He said grabbing my cheeks and squeezing them so hard I thought my eyes were going to pop out. Then he shoved me aside and I fell face first onto the cold hard floor.

"Anyone else?" He asked holding his arms out to his sides. No one moved. He went over and grabbed Kevin yanking him back to his feet.

"Okay good, glad we got that out of the way" Kevin didn't look at any of us, only kept his head down. He was embarrassed. I was embarrassed for him.

"You might as well get comfy here because Lou is being a little unreasonable" He threw Kev onto one of the cots.

"What?" Brian said echoing the voice of shock that we all were feeling.

"Yeah, he refuses to make a deal with me"

"I hope he calls the police on your ass" AJ said under his breath.

"He won't because we're family"

I was watching Jeremy unpack the bags that they had loaded into the cabin. There was tons of food, mostly canned stuff like soups and more horrible beef stew. As well as blankets, sleeping bags and candles. He was taking them out and placing them on the floor around him like he was making a fort. He looked up and smiled at me. I turned away, back to Jim were he continued to ramble on about Lou.

I didn't care about Lou. I didn't care about anything but letting down my family. I was hoping they would stay in the dark about this as long as possible. If they knew I was taken away and locked up in the woods somewhere they would lose their minds.

"Do our parents know about this?" I found myself asking.

Jim laughed, "Please kid, like Lou is going to tell your parents that you were taken. That would make him look stupid. He won't tell. Sorry, and even if he did, I doubt YOUR parents would much care anyway, hell they have so many damn kids that they probably could stand to lose one or two"

"Take that back!" I said standing up and making my way over to him.

"Nick!" I looked over to Kevin who up until that moment had been quiet and staring at his feet. "Sit down"

There was something in his eyes that made me listen to him. I plopped back down on my chair. Once I sat down, Jim's menacing, fierce look calmed down a bit. "Now boys, let's make the best of this situation. None of us like being crammed into this small place. We have to make do"

"You could have at least gotten a bigger place"

"You would think so Howie, but with the little bit of money I get paid, this is all I can afford"

Jeremy now had unpacked every bag and got up and stretched, making his way over to the table. "I'm going to make myself some food"

"Go for it!" Jim said kicking off his boots and pouring dirt out of them onto the floor. I stood up and walked over to the door, "Where do you think you're going small fry?" Jeremy asked while chewing on a piece of beef jerky. Of course he would eat that stuff, he seemed like the kind of guy that would. Well, that and play with his lil' uns in his trailer somewhere. I know it wasn't nice of me to think that way, because in reality we weren't that far off from trailer trash ourselves, but hey at least we never kidnapped anybody.

I immediately grabbed for the door knob and surprised myself when it opened. I could see by the sudden look of panic on Jim's face that it surprised him too. I ran out the door and stopped once I got about five feet away. Kind of like a cat that runs out of the house for the first time. They think it's a good idea at the time but once they get out there they have second thoughts.

"Get back inside kid" Jeremy said, still eating the jerky. I started to back away from him, ready to turn on my heel and run like the devil if need be. I had no intention of spending another minute in that cabin.

"You can make this hard or easy, your choice" He placed the last bit of jerky in his mouth and threw the wrapper on the floor wiping his hands on his pants before clapping them together and making a fist.

"My friend has a gun on those other punk kids in there, if you run he'll shoot them and it will be all your fault. You want that to happen?" I shook my head. "Okay then, get back inside"

I didn't know what to do. Screaming girls throwing teddy bears, I was getting good at. Just duck or catch. Signing autographs okay good at that too, but no one said in the how to be a pop star handbook, what we should do if ever kidnapped as a contract negotiation. Do you run or surrender? I didn't have much time to think because the next time I dared to look at Jeremy he was charging towards me.