- Text Size +
Elle had a feeling that Howie would be waiting up for her so she cut her talk with AJ short. She hated seeing him so quiet and reserved lately so she was glad that she got him to laugh a little with her at least. He opened the door to her and Howie's hotel room and low and behold Howie was sitting straight up in bed watching TV.

"Hey baby." He smiled at her when she shut the door behind her.

"Hey D." She walked over to him and gave him a quick peck, "You didn't have to wait up for me, I know how you love to sleep."

He smiled at her again, "I wanted to. Besides I want to know how it went so go get changed and come snuggle up with me."

Now it was her turn to smile, "Alright."

Elle walked into the bathroom and changed into her pajamas. Brushing her teeth she looked in the mirror, but turned away quickly when she saw her exhausted face in the mirror. She knew it was because of her worrying about AJ. She worried constantly. She knew she had hurt him. Well ripped his heart out was more like it. Two years later she still hadn't forgiven her self for it. But, she was sure that he was over her. Little did she know that was far from the truth.

Elle finshed up and walked back into the room where Howie was. She went to the opposite side of the bed and got under the covers. Howie turned off the TV and pulled her closer with his strong arms. He kissed her forehead and smoothed her hair.

"So how is he?" Howie asked, flicking off the light next to him.

"He's alright actually. Or so he says." Her arm went around Howie's stomach and she rested her head on his chest.

"So what did you talk about?"

She smiled thinking of the barf story, "Oh you know memories. Stupid stuff we did when we were kids, yanno, same old same old."

He rubbed her back affectionaltey. "So he was laughing?"

"Yeah, I hadn't seen him smile like that in a long time."

"Aww good babe. He's lucky to have you, and so am I."

Could he be anymore perfect? She smiled and looked up at him, "Nah I'm lucky to have you."

He brought his lips to hers and kissed her softly. His hand stroked her cheek lightly.

Every woman, and hell even every man, that Elle had spoken to had told her that Howie Dorough was a sweet and as nice as men came. Women had said he was an insanley good kisser, and a giver in every romantic way possible.

"His lips," One woman told her, "I would give anything to just kiss those pouty pink lips."

Elle smiled against those pouty, pink lips, wondering how he chose her. And then suddenly, as it he always seemed to do at the worst possible times, worry popped into her head about AJ.