- Text Size +
The phone rang and Heather answered it saying, “Hello.”

“Hey Heather, What’s up?” Sarah said from the other end.

“Oh, hey Sarah. Nothing much. Why?” Heather asked.

“Oh, nothing really I just wanted to know if you’ll be at my party tonight. Everyone’s gonna be there.” Sarah replied.

“Of course I’ll be there. What time?” Heather asked with excitement.

“7 o’clock.” Sarah replied.

“Cool I’ll be there.” Heather said.

“Ok, well, I’ll see you then.” Sarah replied.

“Ok, later.” Heather said as she hung up the phone. She was really excited cause she hadn’t see Sarah or any of the others for quite awhile. She hoped James would be there cause she thought he was cute and maybe this time she’d have a enough guts to actually talk to him without sounding like a complete idiot.

Heather browsed through the clothes she did manage to pack for this trip. She finally pulled out her favorite hip hugger jeans and a cute peasant blouse. She slipped the blouse on over her head and pulled up the pants. After she applied some make up and ran a brush through her shoulder length blonde hair she grabbed a few bucks from her purse and shoved it into her jacket pocket. Then she headed out the door and grabbed a cab. She opened the car door and instructed the driver to take her to Sarah’s house. Once there she paid the driver and walked into the party. She looked around and found Alyson and Amber standing by the snack bar. Heather walked over to the two girls. “Hey Aly, Amber.” Heather said.

“Oh, hey Heather.” Amber said. “Here wanna a cracker?” Amber offered.

“No thanks. So how’ve you two been? It’s been so long I’ve missed you guys.” Heather said smiling.

“I’ve been pretty good just kind of laying low for a while. Anything new with you?” Amber asked. She laughed at Aly when she noticed the whip cream on her nose.

“What’s so funny?” Alyson asked.

“You’ve just got some…” Heather said trailing off and motioning to her nose.

Alyson grabbed her compact from her purse and looked at herself in the little mirror. “Oh.” Alyson said laughing at herself as she wiped the whip cream from her nose.

“So how’ve you been Aly?” Heather asked again.

“I’ve been pretty good, busy but good. So, how long are you here for?” Alyson asked.

“2 weeks.” Heather replied.

“Cool the three of us are gonna have to get together and go do something before you leave.” Alyson said.

“Sounds good to me.” Heather said. She heard ‘Objection’ start. “Come on you guys. I love this song. You gotta dance with me.” Heather said pulling the two of them onto the dance floor before they could object. The three of them danced and laughed until the song was over. Then they went and sat down by the snack bar again.

David walked over to them and said, “Hey girls.”

“Hey David.” Heather said.

“Oh, hey Heather. I didn’t even see you there.” David said putting an arm around her.

“Gee thanks.” Heather teased. David was like a big brother to her. Out of all of them she missed him the most.

“So, how long have you been here? How long are you staying?” David asked.

“I’ve only been here for a few days but I’m staying for 2 weeks.” Heather replied.

“Cool we’re gonna have to get together.” David said.

“Yeah we’ll have to do that. So is Cara here?” Heather asked referring to Charisma.

“No, I think she said she was busy tonight, but she’d try to make it later.” David replied.

“Well, I hope she comes cause I don’t see her enough. Actually I don’t see any of you enough.” Heather said.

“Well, we’ll just have to change that then, won’t we?” David replied. Heather nodded. “Well, I’m gonna go mingle. I’ll see you guys later.” David said walking away.

“Well, I’m gonna see where Alexis got to. I’ll call you tomorrow if I don’t see you later.” Alyson said to Heather.

“Ok bye.” Heather and Amber said as Aly walked off. “It’s just us now.” Amber said. “Oh, look who just walked in.” Amber said pointing to the door. Heather got a big grin on her face when she saw James walk through the door. Amber got a mischievous grin on her face when she saw the smile on Heather’s face. “You like him don’t you?” Amber asked.

“Yeah I do.” Heather admitted.

“Well, go talk to him then.” Amber suggested.

“Yeah right. I’d probably make a fool of myself. Besides I won’t know what to say.” Heather said.

“You have nothing to be afraid of he’s not gonna bite you. Besides he likes you.” Amber said teasing her.

“Really? He does?” Heather asked.

“Yeah he likes you. He likes you a lot.” Amber said. “Oh, look he’s coming over here.” Amber observed.

Heather couldn’t help but laugh. James walked over and wrapped an arm around Heather’s waist and asked, “How are you two beauties doing tonight?”

“We’re just fine.” Amber replied with that mischievous grin still on her face.

“Oh no what are you up to now Amber?” James teased.

“Oh, nothing just thinking.” Amber replied.

“Yeah ok Amber.” Heather said.

The three of them talked for a while longer when Amber said, “I’m gonna go see what Nicky’s doing. See you later Heather.”

“Bye Amber.” Heather said as Amber walked off.
Heather turned at looked at James, feeling like a complete idiot cause she didn’t know what to do now, when ‘A Moment Like This’ started to play and James asked, “So you wanna dance?”

Heather lit up inside but tried to hide her excitement then replied, “Sure I’d love to.” James took Heather’s hand and led her on to the dance floor. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around her waist. “I love this song.” Heather whispered.

The two danced for a while and when the song was done James asked, “You wanna go somewhere a little quieter, you know so can talk?”

“Sure.” Heather replied as James led her into an upstairs bedroom. Heather walked over and sat down on the bed. “So, what did you wanna talk to me about?” Heather asked.

James walked over and sat down next to her, rested his hand on hers and said, “Well, I’m sure you’ve probably figured it out already but I like you. I mean really like you.” James said pausing so Heather could say something.

“Really? Well, I like you too.” Heather replied.

James smiled and said, “Yeah. Actually I’ve liked you for a while now, but I guess I just never had enough guts to say anything.”

“Really? I guess I had you all wrong, because it just seemed like you were the kind of guy that would go for what he wanted.” Heather said.
“Yeah, well, normally I am but with you it’s different.” James replied.

“Really? How’s that?” Heather asked with a little more confidence.

“Well, you’re not like most girls I know.” James said leaning in to kiss Heather. His lips met hers and they kissed for quite awhile until they heard a knock on the door. “Yeah, come in.” James said hesitantly.

A beautiful blonde girl opened the door. “Oh, am I interrupting something?” the girl said but not really seeming to care.

“No, I guess, not.” James said looking at Heather apologetically.

“It’s ok. I’ll go see if I can find Amber or Aly.” Heather said.

“Ok well I’ll come find you later.” James said giving Heather a kiss on the cheek before she got up to leave. Heather walked out of the room and headed towards the bathroom before going to find Amber and Aly.

The blonde girl walked over and sat down beside James. “Um…do I know you?” James asked wishing he could just be here with Heather. Instead of answering his question the girl threw herself on top of him. Before James could push the girl off of him, Heather walked in. As soon as James realized that Heather had walked in he pushed the girl off and ran after Heather. “Heather wait ” James called.

“No, James. Just leave me along.” Heather said as she ran down the stairs.

Before James could catch up with her David walked out in front of him. “What did you do to her, James?” David asked with a hint of anger.

“Nothing. She walked in before I could do anything.” James said trying to explain but not doing a very good job.

Heather was just about to walk out the door when Amber walked up to her. “Heather, what’s wrong?” Amber asked with concern.

“Oh, just everything.” Heather said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“Well, let me get you your jacket and you can come to my place.” Amber offered.

“Thanks Amber.” Heather said. Amber gave Heather a hug then went to go get their coats.

Alyson stopped Amber in the hallway. “What happened? What’s wrong with Heather?” Aly asked.

“I’m not really sure but she’s really upset so I’m gonna take her to our place.” Amber replied.

“Ok, well, I’m coming with you.” Alyson said.

“Ok.” Amber said.

Sarah walked up to Heather and asked, “What’s wrong? What did James do?”

Heather shook her head and said, “He hurt me that’s what he did. He said he liked me but as soon as I was out of the room he was on some other girl.”

“You want me to talk to him?” Sarah asked.

“No, you don’t have to.” Heather said.

Sarah gave Heather a hug and said, “I wish I could come with you but well, it is my party so I should stay.”

“I understand. You stay. I’ll be ok. Besides Amber’s coming with me.” Heather said wiping a tear from her face. Just then Alyson and Amber walked up to the two of them.

“I’m coming with you guys.” Aly said giving Heather a hug before Amber handed her, her coat.

“You guys are the best.” Heather said embracing the three of them in a hug.

“Well, we better go.” Alyson said.

“Yeah.” Amber said putting on her jacket.

“Bye you guys. I’ll call you in the morning Heather.” Sarah said opening the door for them.

“Bye Sarah.” Aly, Amber, and Heather said as they walked out the door.

“You know what? We should stop by the video store and pick up some chick flicks and make some popcorn. It always seems to work for me.” Alyson said. “Unless you don’t want to.” Alyson added.

“No we can pick some up.” Heather said getting into the backseat of Alyson’s car.

“Ok, well, what should we get?” Alyson asked as she climbed in on the driver’s side.

“How about ‘Kate & Leopold’?” Amber asked getting into the passenger side.

“Sounds good to me.” Alyson replied, starting up the car.

“What about you Heather? Ok with you?” Amber asked.

“Sounds good to me too. We gotta get ‘The Wedding Planner’ too.” Heather replied.

“Ok, well, that should be good. Otherwise, we can always watch one of our movies.” Alyson said.
James stopped Sarah and asked, “Where’s Heather going?”

“Why? It’s not like you can hurt her anymore then she is already.” Sarah replied in a not so friendly tone.

James sighed and said, “I never meant to hurt her. I’d never hurt her on purpose. You’ve got to believe me.”

“Well, I guess. She went to Alyson and Amber’s place. But I don’t think I’d go over there. She’s pretty upset with you.” Sarah replied reluctantly.

“I guess you’re right.” James said. “Thanks.” James added. Sarah nodded then went back to her guests. James walked out the door, pulled out his cell phone, and dialed Alyson’s number. “Please be home.” James said to himself.

Just as Alyson and the others walked through the door the phone rang. Alyson picked it up. The other two took a seat on the couch. “Hello.” Alyson said into the phone.

“Oh, good you are home.” James said pausing.

Alyson walked into the back of the room and whispered, “What do you want?”

“I have to talk to Heather.” James replied.

“Well, I really don’t think she wants to talk to you right now James.” Alyson said still whispering.

Amber got up and walked over to Alyson and asked, “Who is it?”

Alyson placed her hand over the phone and replied, “It’s James.”

“Oh.” Amber replied. “What’s he want?” Amber asked.

“He wants to talk to Heather.” Alyson replied.

Amber just sighed and sat down on the bottom stair. Alyson took her had off the phone and asked, “You still there?”

“Yeah, where’d you go?” James asked.

“Nowhere. What do you have to tell Heather, maybe I can tell her for you?” Alyson asked.

“No I think I should tell her myself.” James replied.

Heather turned around on the couch, sitting on her knees now, and said, “You know, you guys, I think I’m just gonna go home.”

Amber stood up and walked back over to Heather and asked, “What do you mean?”

“I mean I can’t stay here, not after what happened. It’s just gonna be too hard.” Heather replied.

“What’s Heather saying?” James asked.

“She’s leaving.” Alyson replied. “Can I call you back?” Alyson asked.

“I guess.” James said reluctantly then hung up his phone.

Alyson hung up the phone and walked over to Heather and Amber. “Well, I guess if you think it’s the best.” Alyson said.

Heather nodded and said, “Yeah I think it is.”

“Ok, well, you just want us to bring you back to your room?” Amber asked.

“Otherwise, you can just crash here tonight and we can drop you off in the morning.” Alyson added.

“Well maybe I’ll just stay here. That’s if it’s ok.” Heather said.

“Of course it is. You can stay here anytime.” Alyson replied.

“Thanks guys.” Heather said.

“I’ll go get your stuff now.” Amber said.

“Ok.” Heather said digging out her room key. “It’s room 202.” Heather added.

The next morning, Alyson and Amber dropped Heather off at the airport. They heard Heather’s flight number called over the P.A. “Well you better get going.” Alyson said.

“Yeah, I better go.” Heather said giving them a hug then picking up her one carry-on bag. “See you guys later. I’ll call when I get in.” Heather added.

“Bye.” Alyson and Amber said waving to her.
Just before Heather was going to board James walked past Amber and Alyson.

“What are you doing here?” Amber asked.

“I love her.” James replied.

“Well, go tell her and make it fast cause she’s boarding now.” Alyson said.

“Thanks.” James said. He made his way to the gate. “Heather, wait ” James called.

Heather turned around and sighed. “What?” Heather asked.

“Don’t go.” James said with a sorry look on his face.

“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t get on that plane right now.” Heather said.

“Because I love you and I’m sorry.” James replied.

“What did you say?” Heather asked.

“I’m sorry?” James asked.

“No, before that.” Heather said.

“Oh, I love you.” James said.

“You mean that?” Heather asked.

“I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t mean it.” James said.

Heather throw her bag down, smiled, and ran over to James. She wrapped her arms round his neck and gave him a big kiss. Everyone around them started clapping. Heather blushed slightly then whispered in James’ ear, “By the way, I love you too.”