- Text Size +
Tell me you've had trouble sleeping
That you toss and turn from side to side
That it's my face you've been seeing
In your dreams at night


Anna bit on the end of her pen as she read over the lyrics she had just written. “Ehh,” She thought scribbling out the last line and sitting back in her chair. She ran a hand through her hair and took a sip of her coffee, looking around at her surroundings. Trees and buildings whizzed by as the bus sped up, she couldn’t wait to get to the next city. Anna loved her job. As a guitarist for the world famous Backstreet Boys band, her duties consisted of playing to screaming, sold out crowds weekly, and getting to know five of the most talented, most gorgeous men alive. Or that is what people told her it would consist of. The truth was that Anna was as shy as they came. She did her job, and she did so quietly, taking orders and mostly minding her own business. Only when she was on stage playing her guitar, she felt she could be herself.

The bus pulled into back of the arena, where fans already stood waiting patiently to catch a glimpse of their beloved Boys. It amazed her every night how adored they were, how fans would do anything to simply touch them. People would tell her, “You are so lucky! Do you realize how close you get to be to them everyday?” She always nodded and smiled, but she hadn’t so much spoken two sentences to any of the five guys. She respected them all completely, feeling blessed she was chosen for the job. She was surprised at how down to earth each one of them was, and how they took their work very seriously but enjoyed every second of it.

Anna stepped into the arena where the crew was finishing setting up the Boys’ stage for that night. The sound check was in about an hour, so she knew they would be arriving any minute. She heard footsteps rush up behind her, and she moved over a little to let them pass. She was surprised when she saw AJ McLean at her side. What’s he doing here this early, she thought as he smiled warmly at her.

“Anna, are you coming tonight?”

He knew her name?

She glanced over at him quickly, blushing, “Oh, uhm...where are we going?”

“The guys and I wanted to take the crew out tonight since we’re halfway through our tour. We’d love it if you came.”

“Oh, I uhm...” She looked down at her feet, continuing to walk.

“Say yes.” He smiled at her again.

“Sure.” She nodded quickly and smiled back weakly.

“Great, so we’ll see you there then. Right after the show just stay on your bus alright? And don’t worry about money or anything, we’ve got it under control. Thanks Anna.” He placed a hand on her back before walking ahead of her.

What had she just done? She couldn’t do this! Had she really said yes?