- Text Size +
Sorry bout the wait. Next one should (hopefully) be out in a matter of a couple of weeks.



Chapter 3


One by one, the trucks drove into a straight line in front of one of the biggest buildings. There was one truck missing though. Most of the men had an easy time getting the teens to cooperate. But Nick and La’Toya must have been the noisiest people in the whole ‘mini- town’ (what Nick had decided to call it right when he saw it).

“Put your hand on my ass again and I’ll bust a cap in yo-“ La’Toya yelled while Bob pushed her into line.

After La’Toya stopped yelling Nick found it a good time to start making some noise too, “Go Toy, it’s your birthday, gonna party like it’s your birthday-.”

“I’ve just about had it with you.” Said Bob pressing the gun to Nick’s temple.

“Yea well…” replied Nick. His eyes scanned the ground for any sign of his sister. There was no trace of her truck anywhere. Most of the day Nick wasn’t too scared, he knew that they’d somehow escape but now he wasn’t so sure. His heart had started beating faster and he might’ve broken a sweat right then and there.

“I want those two on digging duty-,” Bob ordered, pointing at La’Toya and Monique. “And whenever Tony gets back and joins us, he’ll be watching.”

“What about the twins?” Alladen broke in. How they figured out Nick and Cole were twins Nick had no idea. A wicked smile formed across Bob’s face.

“Sir?”

“It has occurred to me,” answered Bob pressing the barrel even more into Nick’s temple, “that these twins could be a little bit of a problem, so I’ve asked Tony if he could work some of his magic. The rest of you to work now.”

“Come on now, let’s not act dumb,” breathed Nick, his eyes had closed.

“Point?” asked Bob, raising an eyebrow.

“My sister, Bob, sir, whatever you want me to call you?”

“Does it matter?”

“Yes it does.”

“Well not anymore…”

(Meanwhile Cole’s truck was heading in a whole different direction.)

Cole was wondering why the heck they weren’t following the other trucks when Tony grabbed her wrist and dug his nails into her skin. He was looking at her and smiling.

“So, what are ya thinking about? Maybe that I ain’t following them?”

She stared at Tony and just nodded. They were heading toward a big red barn.

“Well, you’re in a situation. This situation rests on the hands of your brother.

“And how is that?” She roughly pulled away from Tony. A thought then hit her. She could take a run for it, hide, and get away. The barn was just a couple yards away. She opened the door. She looked and saw Tony making a grab for her.

Before she realized what she was doing, Cole though herself out of the truck. Stumbling a little, she ran for the door of the barn. While Tony seemed to take his time getting out of the truck, she got to the door.

Cole pulled the handle…it opened! She ran inside and looked around frantically hoping to find a place to hide. There were piles of hay everywhere and a fenced area that was fit for an animal. But neither was good enough. She spotted a ladder and ran to climb it. There were three platforms and she climbed to the first one.

“Wilma! I’m home!” Tony laughed at his own stupid joke.

Cole hit her head in the process of trying to hide. Knocking over a wooden bucket down to the ground in the process. “Oh nice going,” Cole thought to herself.

Tony snickered to himself and started to climb the ladder.

When he reached the first platform, he withdrew a small pocketknife.

Cole was still in the process of trying to get through a door that seemed to lead to a tool room, but it didn’t budge. Before she even had time to think, Tony was standing above her, abandoning the knife and wrapping his hands around her throat. He pulled her toward him. Cole could feel herself losing strength and energy extremely fast…she had little time to try to think of something before she would pass out.

Cole’s eyes fell on a gun, stuffed in Tony’s belt, but how could she get it? Maybe she could kick him in the knee? No, Tony wouldn’t even flinch…Cole’s eyes started roll back into her head involuntarily and her head rolled onto her shoulder. There was nothing else to do so Cole kicked Tony with all her strength, right below the belt. It didn’t do much but Tony loosened his grip on her and she made a desperate grab for the gun and got it.

Cole backed away slowly leveling the gun at Tony’s head. Her hand was shaking because one, she’d never held a gun in her entire life, and two, she was on the verge of collapsing.

Cole took a long painful breath and looked directly into Tony’s cold gray eyes, were her eyes playing tricks on her or was Tony smiling at her? He really was smiling, more then that, he was laughing at her! How could he laugh when he was practically looking death in the eye?

She didn’t even want to think about it, all she wanted to do was run. So she ran, to the ladder and climbed down it then jumped off the last few rings to the ground. The gun felt like a dead weight on Cole’s arms but at this point her entire body was numb.

Light.

She was getting closer to the exit now, only a few feet away. Steps away. Her hand clamped down on the barn door and she pulled with all her might. Not even taking a second to glance at Tony, the door opened and Cole sprinted to the truck.

She was almost to the truck when she heard a crash and saw Tony flying over her. He had just crashed through the thin wood that had been above he head while in the barn.

Tony landed straight in front of Cole and smiled at her, “Didn’t know I could do that did you?”

“Sorry never thought about it, but that was great,” Cole rasped. She then raised the gun so it was pointing at Tony’s forehead, again. And again, Tony was smiling.

“Shoot me. There ain’t no special crap on the stupid thing or anything. It shouldn’t be hard, as long as you know how to pull a trigger.”

Cole glared at him, “I watch T.V.” Cole pulled the trigger. She shut her eyes.

Click.

Cole’s eyes opened and she stared at Tony, her eyes wide. She pulled the trigger again. And again, and again.

Click. Click. Click.

She glared at Tony, who was laughing at this point, “It ain’t’ loaded anyway!” She swung at Tony.

Tony caught the gun and pulled it away from her. He pointed it in the air and shot. There was a loud bang and smoke came from the gun.

Cole’s mouth dropped open. She then frowned.

“I knew you had the guts. Too bad it was loaded. One more pull of the trigger. That’s all you needed.” Tony laughed, “Come on, oh boy I can’t wait to tell Bob.”

Tony pulled the now shocked Cole to the truck and pushed her in. He then got in and pushed the gas pedal, it had never been turned off. They went on their way to meet up with the others. In other words, Bob and Nick.